ADVERTISEMENT

Five verbals into the 2021 class

Overuse? Someone his size? Dude is built like a tank and works out like a mofo. It was a freak, soft tissue, non contact injury. He didn't get beat up from overuse. Bad take on Moore. Decent take on the need to translate hope into results.

I can tell you from experience & from science, working out like a mofo & going 100% all the time is what gets people injured muscles/ligaments. He needs to be protected from himself. Hamstrings, then that work themselves down into the knee, are usually from fatigue. Once it’s happened once you have to be really careful not to exhaust the hamstring again.

Yes, everyone currently that has verballed is a 3 star. Big deal. This year is a little different than prior years. Kids have not been able, and probably won't be able, to go to camps where they get a chance to bump up their stars or ratings. It just takes one 4 star and the dominoes start to go that way too. Also, we did not get our first 4 star until July, Greg Hudgins. Now, Hartwig did verbal early, but he was not made a 4 star until the last rankings came out late last year. These are kids that Brohm was targeting early, and had been on them for a while. I think this will be another class like last years and the year before.

We don't want to get Sales? He is a three star too, but I would be happy to get him. I won't put as much stock in the rankings right now as I would have in years past.
That is something that has been mentioned, kids not getting the ratings bump from attending camps this year.
There are currently 340 4* recruits in the 2021 class according to 247 composite rankings. In 2020 there were 370 and in 2019 there were 385. So, there are a handful of 2021 3* recruits that may get a bump like Hartwig did. Our top guy currently is #566, so I'm not holding my breath on that.

I guess I don't understand people not wanting to acknowledge that the 2021 class may be trending a bit down (at least by the numbers) from the past two years. It's a perfectly natural thing after a 4-8 season and if anything, matching the 2019 class would be an accomplishment in itself. After all, back then Brohm had a lot of playing time to sell. We just need to get back to WINNING as soon as possible to stop any bleeding there may be.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I can tell you from experience & from science, working out like a mofo & going 100% all the time is what gets people injured mufcles/ligaments. He needs to be protected from himself. Hamstrings, then that work themselves down into the knee, are usually from fatigue. Once it’s happened once you have to be really careful not to exhaust the hamstring again.
Needs to be protected from himself? Have you seen the recent videos of what he's doing on his own free time during this pandemic? Do you know anything about the guy and his work ethic? Do you know what kind of work he puts into his body? Do you have any information that the staff pushed him beyond what was safe? Of course you don't.. And you have no real knowledge of the injury. You're just here to stir things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT