ADVERTISEMENT

Finishing This Recruiting Class

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
We have entered the dead period. We now have 10 official verbals with Kane joining today, and we have the 2 blueshirts from last year that will count toward this class. I am hoping that Carr is a silent verbal, so that leaves us currently at 13 verbals.

I heard that we have anywhere from 15-18 verbals in this class. I am assuming we have some attrition too, because there will be some of our current roster finding that playing time is going to limited to none, especially at WR with Moore, Bell, Sheffield, Rice, A. Anderson, Sullivan, and possibly Carr and Redding.

Who do we want to finish this class, if we have 4 to 5 left?

Here are my 5 picks in no order:

DT Austin
DT Oxendine
WR Redding
another OL
a DE

We have entered the dead period. We now have 10 official verbals with Kane joining today, and we have the 2 blueshirts from last year that will count toward this class. I am hoping that Carr is a silent verbal, so that leaves us currently at 13 verbals.

I heard that we have anywhere from 15-18 verbals in this class. I am assuming we have some attrition too, because there will be some of our current roster finding that playing time is going to limited to none, especially at WR with Moore, Bell, Sheffield, Rice, A. Anderson, Sullivan, and possibly Carr and Redding.

DT Austin
DT Oxendine
WR Redding
another OL
a DE

Your three

WR Maliq Carr
LEO Eddie Watkins

Also would like to get:

OT Branson Taylor
DB Malachi Melton (but Purdue May be done at DB)

DT Austin
DT Oxendine
WR Redding
another OL
a DE
I wouldn’t count the the blue shirt and greyshirt against this class. I’m guessing 18ish on top of those two

DT Austin
DT Oxendine
WR Redding
another OL
a DE
I agree with your picks, and I'd like to add Greg Hudgins, a 4* SDE. Let me comment that Bryce Austin is actually listed as an SDE.

Your three

WR Maliq Carr
LEO Eddie Watkins

Also would like to get:

OT Branson Taylor
DB Malachi Melton (but Purdue May be done at DB)
The thing about Malachi (Max) Melton is that he is a fast Cornerback, as opposed to the two Safety's that have already verbaled.

The thing about Malachi (Max) Melton is that he is a fast Cornerback, as opposed to the two Safety's that have already verbaled.
Kane can play corner or safety. I think we might be done in the secondary

I agree with your picks, and I'd like to add Greg Hudgins, a 4* SDE. Let me comment that Bryce Austin is actually listed as an SDE.
Are we out of the running for DE Craig that is basically in our backyard? He is ranked the #2 prospect in the state and we DL help

Reactions: mdthornb
to Miami w/ the help of Tyler Stubblefield.
Yeah, he beat out one of Redding's HS coaches, former Boiler Desmond Tardy.

Both of those players have a couple of my favorite plays.

Orton to Stubblefield at Notre Dame and the 15 yard penalty for the Choo Choo with his arms running down the sidelines at ND. Last time we have beaten ND at ND.

I loved that hook and ladder to Tardy at the end of the game to beat Michigan at Ross Ade.

Am I getting player names confused? I thought it was Tyler Standiford and John Stubblefied. ;)
You know, in all seriousness, Boob Davie catches a lot of flack for that, but announcing games has to be an extremely difficult thing to do. Especially for somebody not professionally trained in communications. Just that one aspect alone- remembering dozens of new names every week- would be enough to trip me up, aside from being able to accurately break down every play and being at least somewhat entertaining in the process. I have mad respect for the ones who make it seem easy, Fouts, Collinsworth, Romo, etc.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT