ADVERTISEMENT

Fickell to Wisconsin

Not that Wisconsin isn't a good job, but couldn't he have had a better one last year?

Not that Wisconsin isn't a good job, but couldn't he have had a better one last year?
just watched the replay of their game yesterday. Pretty good game, Minny could handle them because they have big guys too. Minny has an active LB crew too and physical D. Like Mich, Minny beats their rival 2 yrs in a row

Can we get Leonard as co-dc/secondary coach?
I would expect Leonard would be gone given Fickel’s background as DC. He should have a shot as head coach somewhere. I suspected he was HC in waiting and did a good job turning the team around. Seems a bit unfortunate.

As for Purdue I wouldn’t want to jeopardize what we have in Hagen and to some extent English. I would throw everything we could to get OL coach Bob Bostad. He’s made a good career as an OL coach.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
DC at indiana would be a good job for Leonard if Allen will give up play calling. Indiana could hire him to be head coach in waiting until Allen gets canned in December 2024.

Reactions: lucky 53
Wisconsin wanted a better recruiter. It looked like Cincinnati were getting some 4 star recruits. Pretty good for a team in their conference. He will try to pull some players from Ohio.

Will be interesting to see if Fickell sticks with the identity of WI football: Ground n pound.

Wisconsin wanted a better recruiter. It looked like Cincinnati were getting some 4 star recruits. Pretty good for a team in their conference. He will try to pull some players from Ohio.

Tend to agree, TX4GB.....could get interesting with Ohio recruits because usually Ohio State gets its share and fights in the Northeast part of the State with Michigan and Notre Dame and then the Southwest with Notre Dame.....now they have another front to fight possibly......stakes going up.

Reactions: TX4GB
mertz is a terribly inconsistent QB. he had a great game against Purdue, but has cost UW at least 5 victories all by himself in the past 2 years. UW also played Minn without their star RB which could have made a tad difference. UW was a much better team than both Minn and MSU. without Mertz, they should have finished 9-3 or 8-4.

My hope is the Packers do the right thing and hire the UW coach to be their DC. he refused them last year and wanted to stay at UW. e've all seen what the packers' new DC has done this year? where did they find that tool? Oh, I forgot, he used to coach along side the head coach who also needs to go.

my hope is Purdue also hires UW's OL coach. he not only recruits top linemen, but he also DEVELOPS them.

I would expect Leonard would be gone given Fickel’s background as DC. He should have a shot as head coach somewhere. I suspected he was HC in waiting and did a good job turning the team around. Seems a bit unfortunate.

As for Purdue I wouldn’t want to jeopardize what we have in Hagen and to some extent English. I would throw everything we could to get OL coach Bob Bostad. He’s made a good career as an OL coach.
Leonard told their AD he didn't want the HC job because of all the time you have to put in to it

David Shaw, a coach I admire, said after 16 yrs it's enough and a time consuming year round job
I get that a whole lot more than Leonhard, on the brink of a great career in coaching. But everyone is built different.

that sounds positive. Hey Leonard. te Packers' DC should be opening in about 2-3 more weeks if GUTE would get off his butt

today's rumor: finkel will be adding UNC's Longo as his new OC. Longo will supposedly transform UW's offense into a pass oriented team.

ADVERTISEMENT