ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp

Nov 19, 2016
Everyone has kicked the same cans down the same roads for months. When does our Fall Camp start?

I can’t wait till camp mostly cause I wanna see whose names we don’t hear at all. That’s usually a good indication of who is either hurt, or just not gonna have any impact this year. I’m waiting to see if suddenly, Branson Deen, KJ Stokes, Lawrence Johnson, any of the linemen, Kory Taylor, kaden smith, Byron Perkins, Jordan Rucker, Jordan Bonner,
Jack smith, jimmy McKenna, will Beamer, Eric miller, Mark stickford, DJ Washington, Robert McWilliams and Jack cravaack seem to never be mentioned, as though they aren’t there. That’s rarely an accident.

At exceedingly successful programs, though some guys will bust out, these are the guys who are clawing to pass each other and it’s like “yeah he wasn’t gonna be denied..”.. guys come out of nowhere as if to say “no, I’m gonna make you play me.”

Every one who goes to anonymity land is a small loss for this year in my book.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I can’t wait till camp mostly cause I wanna see whose names we don’t hear at all. That’s usually a good indication of who is either hurt, or just not gonna have any impact this year. I’m waiting to see if suddenly, Branson Deen, KJ Stokes, Lawrence Johnson, any of the linemen, Kory Taylor, kaden smith, Byron Perkins, Jordan Rucker, Jordan Bonner,
Jack smith, jimmy McKenna, will Beamer, Eric miller, Mark stickford, DJ Washington, Robert McWilliams and Jack cravaack seem to never be mentioned, as though they aren’t there. That’s rarely an accident.

At exceedingly successful programs, though some guys will bust out, these are the guys who are clawing to pass each other and it’s like “yeah he wasn’t gonna be denied..”.. guys come out of nowhere as if to say “no, I’m gonna make you play me.”

Wow. What an optimistic approach. I love watching that car go down the road but I can’t wait to see it wreck. Most, not all, of your list are Redshirt Freshman. I would say their 2nd year in the program doesn’t necessarily have to be their “ impact” or make it or break it year. It’s called player development. They’ve been on our campus a TOTAL of 13 months into their 5 year career.

Wow. What an optimistic approach. I love watching that car go down the road but I can’t wait to see it wreck. Most, not all, of your list are Redshirt Freshman. I would say their 2nd year in the program doesn’t necessarily have to be their “ impact” or make it or break it year. It’s called player development. They’ve been on our campus a TOTAL of 13 months into their 5 year career.

Look they don’t all have to have an impact.. but success rates matter. You can’t have very very few redshirt freshmen play impact roles and now you’re awesome.

I'm guessing you'll start hearing about several of those guys you listed.After a week or so into fall camp, I'm sure there will be seperation between players that aren't going to make the 2 deeps, and those that are. Just be patient, it'll be alright!

Reactions: Boilerplatedeal
I'm guessing you'll start hearing about several of those guys you listed.After a week or so into fall camp, I'm sure there will be seperation between players that aren't going to make the 2 deeps, and those that are. Just be patient, it'll be alright!

Oh no if it happens at any point it’s all the same. It’s when you never hear a guys name, you don’t have to be a doctor to figure it out

Eric Miller is going to be a very good player. He’s waiting to slot in behind Hermanns at LT. Bramel will be a good player as well. The OL just takes a bit of time to develop strength.

Yeah I’m not looking for these guys to come out and be matt light. If stickfor, beach and bramel just hold their own and miller and Holstege can get in a game here and there and not be awful and Washington can as Well, I’ll be thrilled. 2020 will be the year when it will be time for most of these guys. To think, we will likely be so solidified that no one will be asking if hartwig will play ...

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
It is always interesting to see who develops during the Fall camps.

I think our secondary is going to be vastly improved. We have athletic corners, and we finally have safeties that are safety size.

I think last year was as much a defensive line pressure on the quarterback issue as it was a secondary issue. I think our DBs will be good if we don't give the opposing QB all day to throw. We made pedestrian QBs look like All Americans last year...

Reactions: Inspector100
Aren't we getting a little late for any transfers that might be immediately eligible?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT