ADVERTISEMENT

Fake electors

This country was in a better place pre-pandemic in 2020, but that had little do with President Trump, just like the fact that things are worse now has little to do with President Biden. Some of the policies Biden enacted have caused inflation, but Trump also enacted similar policies with respect to stimulus spending (putting his name on the check, even!). Now, I'd agree that the last round of stimulus was not needed, but there are several factors outside presidential control that are contributing to inflation and gas prices.

Yes, the President does have an impact, but his impact is greatly overstated for better and for worse.

But that's a different thread and if we're going down that path, I'll see myself out.
It’s good to get things out sometimes and I’m glad you could do so.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I don't have an opinion on January 6th. I'm more interested in the stuff that led up to it, e.g. the plan to overturn the election, Trump and a select few idiots on his team being willing to do basically anything to stay in power after losing the election, "legal" be damned.

At this point, the actual riots on the 6th are what they are and the criminals are having their day in court. While I think Trump knew what he was doing with his rhetoric, it's a tough sell to link him directly to the cause. Frankly, I think most of those people were going to go do what they were going to do with or without Trump's speeches. I just hope that enough Americans recognize that this is a guy who surrounds himself with good people, but when they tell him things he doesn't like, he ostracizes them in favor of seriously questionable people. He blocks out any dissent (e.g. firing people, "fake news"), which is classic tyrant behavior. There is no room for respectful disagreement with Trump, and you can't have that kind of person in the White House.
This. The crap that was done following the election up to that moment is the bigger story and involved some people that are going to get thrown under the bus by Trump. The $250 million in fundraising after it also pisses me off as it took advantage of a lot of people.

This. The crap that was done following the election up to that moment is the bigger story and involved some people that are going to get thrown under the bus by Trump. The $250 million in fundraising after it also pisses me off as it took advantage of a lot of people.
And it won’t matter to a large majority of Americans. Democrats will be voted out, no matter how pissed you get on a message board.

If the Democrats roll out basically anyone but Biden or Hillary Clinton, they would demolish this ticket. Trump hasn't won a popular vote yet... but sure... let's keep on rolling him out there because that's worked so well so far for the Republican party, making the first one-term President since the early 90s and a national embarrassment.

Honestly, there should be an age where people just shouldn't be running for President. I dunno what that age is, be it 75, 80, or whatever. Move on with your life and let the younger guys who have the stamina to lead the country. It's a 24/7/365 job and we need someone to make the important decisions. I have to think that America has LOTS of talented and competent leader who are in their 40s, 50s, or even 60s.

And for crying out loud, people should think hard about the two-party system, or the one-person-one-vote system. The last two elections we've had Hillary - Trump, Biden - Trump. And if we have another round of Biden - Trump, it will mean 3 consecutive elections where people are just voting for the person they dislike less. Don't you see that is the real issue?

So if we cannot get rid of the two-party system, we should try a different approach. Maybe "One candidate, one vote" instead of "One person, one vote." The idea is that you can give a yes/no vote to each candidate, instead of casting just one vote to one candidate. The beauty of the idea is that we can now have multiple candidates from each party without worrying of diluting the votes. So as an example, Biden, Buttigieg and Sanders can all run for the Dems, while Trump, Scott and DeSantis all run for the Republican. A moderate Dem can cast a yes vote for both Biden and Buttigieg, while an anti-Trump Republican can do the same for Scott and DeSantis. You are not limited to just one candidate. The issue with just two candidates, esp. in today's polarized political atmosphere, is that he is unlikely to be a centrist guy who can speak to both parties.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
He should not be nominated again but probably will be anyway. Still, we have another year or more until the Rs decide who their nominee will be and a lot can happen in that period of time……

It would not surprise me if the Ds ditch Brandon either. A rematch between Trump and Brandon will be an absolute $hit$how.
Please, please, puhleeeeaaassseee nominate Brandon for four more years.

(Not that it will matter, everyone knows Brandon is catering to the far-left handlers of the Democrat Party = 🤡show)

Honestly, there should be an age where people just shouldn't be running for President. I dunno what that age is, be it 75, 80, or whatever. Move on with your life and let the younger guys who have the stamina to lead the country. It's a 24/7/365 job and we need someone to make the important decisions. I have to think that America has LOTS of talented and competent leader who are in their 40s, 50s, or even 60s.
24/7, hardest job in the world, etc, is what everybody says, but it looks to me like one of the easiest jobs in the world.

For example, all anyone would have had to do to far exceed the performance of the current "24/7" guy was essentially to change nothing. Keep building the wall, ensure continued energy independence, continue not to butt in to European squabbles, etc.

You're right, it's not a trial. It was never intended to be a trial. But whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better about what actually happened post-2020 election. Awful lot of Republicans confirming these stories for it to be "partisan hackery". I know, I know: they're not "real Republicans" though, just "RINOs" because they value Democracy and the Constitution over Donald Trump's endorsement.
I say that because it's clearly not fair or done in good faith. Not in any defense of a political party, which I couldn't care less about. Thus when someone trots out Schiff, a bonafide lying sack of crap, what should my reaction really be to whatever liberal narrative he wants to create? Trump is done. Has been for a long time. So what is this exactly? Press charges or do something real for the American people. The country is spiraling the drain, Putin is marching across Europe and this is what we're doing...the liberal equivalent to 2000 mules that costs tax payers. This is SO important they are taking two weeks off...

Reactions: tearsforfears
I say that because it's clearly not fair or done in good faith. Not in any defense of a political party, which I couldn't care less about. Thus when someone trots out Schiff, a bonafide lying sack of crap, what should my reaction really be to whatever liberal narrative he wants to create? Trump is done. Has been for a long time. So what is this exactly? Press charges or do something real for the American people. The country is spiraling the drain, Putin is marching across Europe and this is what we're doing...the liberal equivalent to 2000 mules that costs tax payers. This is SO important they are taking two weeks off...
Trump is done?

Putin is marching across Europe?

Curious statements.

For example, all anyone would have had to do to far exceed the performance of the current "24/7" guy was essentially to change nothing. Keep building the wall, ensure continued energy independence, continue not to butt in to European squabbles, etc.

So you mean to keep letting "Build the Wall" to defraud naive and gullible people?

As for not butting into European squabbles, that would be nice but we should just let Russia eat up Ukraine? Americans are so pussy now and afraid of the Russians? If Russia gobbles up Ukraine and get all its agriculture output, we might have to do whatever Putin wants us to do. Putin has ambition much like Hitler, and he probably won't stop at Ukraine. You want us to let him get momentum?

Probably naive on my part, but I'm hoping that after the midterms are over, more and more Rs are willing to distance themselves from him and marginalize him as much as possible. I just don't think his ego is going to be able to stay out of the race. He needs to run again to validate himself to himself, IMO. And that's why he would run; not for the betterment of the country, just to soothe his own 78-year-old ego.
The problem is, the 20% of the voters in the country that love trump make up 40% of the GOP, and that’s enough votes to win in a crowded field.

So you mean to keep letting "Build the Wall" to defraud naive and gullible people?

No, I mean keep building the wall as part of an ongoing program to enforce our immigration laws.
As for not butting into European squabbles, that would be nice but we should just let Russia eat up Ukraine? Americans are so pussy now and afraid of the Russians? If Russia gobbles up Ukraine and get all its agriculture output, we might have to do whatever Putin wants us to do. Putin has ambition much like Hitler, and he probably won't stop at Ukraine. You want us to let him get momentum?
Europe is plenty wealthy enough - far more so than Russia - to defend Ukraine if it so desires. Look at a map and you will see a large ocean between the US and Europe.

Your comments about ag output are absurd. We export more food than any other country.

Let's see how can I make something more a sham & worthless waste of time than it already is....

I know, lets bring in lying, no good worthless, zero credibility Schiff.
Yep, that will put the cherry on top of the turd sunday. LoL
Again....lol......does Schiff doing the questioning mean Bowers is lying?

It's like when you guys won't believe what someone says on video because it came from the CNN site.

Get another excuse cause this doesn't pass the laugh test. But it does serve to deflect and not deal with the content.

Never said the majority of the country will vote for him again in 2024. Simply said that a majority of the country wishes he would have won in 2020. His time has run its course. In my opinion, he would not be as bad as Biden is now.
Currently those numbers sit at 44-42.......even with inflation and gas prices.

As gr8 said, presidents get too much credit and too much blame.

There would still be high gas prices and inflation no matter who the president is. One can argue it might be worse or better, but they would still be here.......as they are around the world.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Currently those numbers sit at 44-42.......even with inflation and gas prices.

As gr8 said, presidents get too much credit and too much blame.

There would still be high gas prices and inflation no matter who the president is. One can argue it might be worse or better, but they would still be here.......as they are around the world.
I get the feeling that you’re still trying to convince yourself that voting for Biden was the right thing to do even when you know it wasn’t. This country is not doing well under his leadership.

Using your logic of presidents getting too much credit and too much blame, we should all agree that President Trump wasn’t as bad as people like you said he was?

Reactions: SKYDOG
Again....lol......does Schiff doing the questioning mean Bowers is lying?

It's like when you guys won't believe what someone says on video because it came from the CNN site.

Get another excuse cause this doesn't pass the laugh test. But it does serve to deflect and not deal with the content.

Shiff is a turd. Saw him, did not watch video as I could care less about the Dem's Jan 6 committe. Meaningless waste of time. Not watching or caring. Haven't posted about it too much other than posting about the 2 videos in this thread.

As a far leftist Dem, what are your expectations for the committee so very few are watching?

I get the feeling that you’re still trying to convince yourself that voting for Biden was the right thing to do even when you know it wasn’t. This country is not doing well under his leadership.
The country has seen inflation and high gas prices before and survived it. What Trump and a few of his minions tried to do was undermine the very fabric of our democracy to hold on to power against the will of the people, and that was unprecedented. Incompetence in the presidency is not.

So, no, I don't regret voting for Biden. Trump was exactly what I always thought he was, and we cannot allow people like that to remain in the White House.

As a far leftist Dem, what are your expectations for the committee so very few are watching?
A lot of people are paying attention, but like most things, it's along party lines. Hopefully, independents of my ilk are paying attention... again, not because we're trying to decide whether Jan 6th was an insurrection or just a frat party that went wrong on the steps of the Capitol. Hopefully, people are paying attention to the people from Trump's inner circle who are letting us see exactly how far Trump and a few of his cronies were willing and trying to go to retain power against the will of the people.

The country has seen inflation and high gas prices before and survived it. What Trump and a few of his minions tried to do was undermine the very fabric of our democracy to hold on to power against the will of the people, and that was unprecedented. Incompetence in the presidency is not.

So, no, I don't regret voting for Biden. Trump was exactly what I always thought he was, and we cannot allow people like that to remain in the White House.
It’s a good thing that nobody really cares what a bus driver in California thinks. You think the Democrats are good at this democracy thing? Do you remember them trying to get rid of a duly elected president for little to no reason during his tenure?

A lot of people are paying attention, but like most things, it's along party lines. Hopefully, independents of my ilk are paying attention... again, not because we're trying to decide whether Jan 6th was an insurrection or just a frat party that went wrong on the steps of the Capitol. Hopefully, people are paying attention to the people from Trump's inner circle who are letting us see exactly how far Trump and a few of his cronies were willing and trying to go to retain power against the will of the people.
The January 6th hearings are getting terrible ratings and America doesn’t care about a riot, bus driver.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
A lot of people are paying attention,

Do you have data on numbers actually watching? Still doubting that many are. Other than a very few on here.

I know no one in my life that is watching or talking about it. Haven't heard 1 word about it in public. Inflation and gas is discussed quite abit though.

Maybe if you lived in a weird place like Dem Cali, NY or Seatle a few might be talking about it??

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
Do you have data on numbers actually watching? Still doubting that many are. Other than a very few on here.

I know no one in my life that is watching or talking about it. Haven't heard 1 word about it in public. Inflation and gas is discussed quite abit though.

Maybe if you lived in a weird place like Dem Cali, NY or Seatle a few might be talking about it??
I mean, you don't have to actually watch them to pay attention to what's going on. I certainly don't. You can read neat little recaps on any number of different places.

It's not exactly surprising that the group here isn't paying attention to it or doesn't know anyone who really is, now is it? You guys aren't exactly known for being the most politically diverse group considering there are about one or two real conservatives on here who are actually worth talking to at any given time, and paying attention to the hearings would likely simply serve to remind you that you were duped by a power-mad grifter, and the party that WE (including me) primarily support has sold its soul to a man who has lived his life being a tyrant, both as a politician and as a businessman.

I mean, you don't have to actually watch them to pay attention to what's going on.
Yeah, you don’t have to pay much attention to anything to see what’s going on when going to the grocery store or gas pump. Things can be simplified very easily.

I mean, you don't have to actually watch them to pay attention to what's going on.

Yea but few are. I supposed if you lived in a wako far left Dem state a few might talk about it, where it would skew your thoughts to the point where you thought real America cared.

Yea but few are. I supposed if you lived in a wako far left Dem state a few might talk about it, where it would skew your thoughts to the point where you thought real America cared.
Ah, here we go with gatekeeping. People who think and vote differently from you make up a majority of this country, and yet they're not "real" Americans. I'd guess because they're not all men of, shall we say, European descent.

See, this is where I take my leave of this ridiculous place again, because the turds have surfaced in the punch bowl again (albeit under completely new handles!). Peace.

Ah, here we go with gatekeeping. People who think and vote differently from you make up a majority of this country, and yet they're not "real" Americans. I'd guess because they're not all men of, shall we say, European descent.

See, this is where I take my leave of this ridiculous place again, because the turds have surfaced in the punch bowl again (albeit under completely new handles!). Peace.

Think & vote differently than me?
Check back next November. LOL.

Think & vote differently than me?
Check back next November. LOL.
I've never voted differently than you until 2020, I'd wager. Well, probably 2016 as well, though I didn't vote Democrat.

But my comment was based on the fact that independents and registered Democrats far outnumber registered Republicans in this country.

I'll vote for plenty of Republicans this November, not that it'll matter much. But it's a shame that you can't do anything but pull the "R" lever when your party chooses to run a tyrant as its chosen candidate.

I've never voted differently than you until 2020, I'd wager. Well, probably 2016 as well, though I didn't vote Democrat.

But my comment was based on the fact that independents and registered Democrats far outnumber registered Republicans in this country.

I'll vote for plenty of Republicans this November, not that it'll matter much. But it's a shame that you can't do anything but pull the "R" lever when your party chooses to run a tyrant as its chosen candidate.

I am a conservative independent. Hate the Dems nationally & hate the Rs in my state. So not many vote like me.

• Haha
Reactions: gr8indoorsman
Sure you are.

Why do you hate the Rs in your state? Because they didn't overturn the election in 2020?

Lol. No.

I live in Indiana. The Rs here raised aprox 18 different taxes in recent time. One of those is the gas tax on auto increase.........up another 5 cents July 1. Property taxes also up crazy this year. Fishing and boating taxes up...several others. The Rs are basically all Dems here tax wise. Sad.

What is your state?

The Rs are basically all Dems here tax wise.
See that would make me nuts. The only reason I would still call myself conservative is because I am a staunch fiscal conservative. I am far more socially liberal than I was when I lived in Indiana or even in my early 30s. I generally vote conservative because I believe in voting based on fiscal policy; I frankly give two shits about the social aspects as I just don't think we should be legislating morality.

Trump was the exception. He proved to be exactly what I thought he was; I voted for Gary Johnson. I held my nose and voted for Biden. And no, I still don't regret it... it's my belief that Trump was/is doing more harm to the fabric of the country than can be reflected in today's gasoline price.

I live in CA. I don't like the politics here at all, but I also don't dwell on it. The reasons I love living here far outweigh the drawbacks of the political landscape. It just doesn't affect my life on a day-to-day basis in any way I can't easily afford.

Reactions: charlespig
See that would make me nuts. The only reason I would still call myself conservative is because I am a staunch fiscal conservative. I am far more socially liberal than I was when I lived in Indiana or even in my early 30s. I generally vote conservative because I believe in voting based on fiscal policy; I frankly give two shits about the social aspects as I just don't think we should be legislating morality.

Trump was the exception. He proved to be exactly what I thought he was; I voted for Gary Johnson. I held my nose and voted for Biden. And no, I still don't regret it... it's my belief that Trump was/is doing more harm to the fabric of the country than can be reflected in today's gasoline price.

I live in CA. I don't like the politics here at all, but I also don't dwell on it. The reasons I love living here far outweigh the drawbacks of the political landscape. It just doesn't affect my life on a day-to-day basis in any way I can't easily afford.

Yea, guess I shouldn't gripe about taxes if you live in California. Yours likely way worse than mine I would imagine.

Biden has cost me big bucks in my annual living expenses, and has tanked my retirement since the inflation his polcies partly caused ...which in turn caused the Fed to act. I imagine that is the same for most of the middle class like me. So not a fan.

The one good thing about Biden he has educated enough voters about the real results of Dem policy.

You need to update your petty insults. I haven't run the bus company since the pandemic started.
You may need to update your petty hyperbole. Tyrant? Lol. Do you know the definition of that word? It’s funny how many grown men have turned into women because of Trump.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT