ADVERTISEMENT

Fake electors

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
Is this like fake news?

Seven states had them. They were originally created to be at the ready in case any court challenges held up. Nothing in the constitution about that, but details.

After the lawsuits failed, they didn't go away. Next they were going to be used to pressure Pence and be available if he caved to the pressure and refused to certify the election. Problem is, those working with the false electors, and even the electors themselves weren't told the sham was going to continue even after the failed lawsuits.

All the while, trump and Eastman knew they were illegal. Didn't matter.

The RNC was involved as was Senator Ron Johnson.

Is this like fake news?

Seven states had them. They were originally created to be at the ready in case any court challenges held up. Nothing in the constitution about that, but details.

After the lawsuits failed, they didn't go away. Next they were going to be used to pressure Pence and be available if he caved to the pressure and refused to certify the election. Problem is, those working with the false electors, and even the electors themselves weren't told the sham was going to continue even after the failed lawsuits.

Slow down. Ron Johnson just takes whatever from his staff to deliver to the Vice President of the United States. He had no idea.

We have a lot of people who bluster on about their right to own firearms to prevent a tyrannical government who ironically support the closest thing this country has had to a tyrant in its existence.

Vote for the guy’s agenda if you want to, I’m all for that. But you have to reject the man himself if you want to call yourself a patriot.

He cannot be nominated again.

We have a lot of people who bluster on about their right to own firearms to prevent a tyrannical government who ironically support the closest thing this country has had to a tyrant in its existence.

Vote for the guy’s agenda if you want to, I’m all for that. But you have to reject the man himself if you want to call yourself a patriot.

If a tree falls in a subcommittee and no Trump Republican hears it…..

He should not be nominated again but probably will be anyway. Still, we have another year or more until the Rs decide who their nominee will be and a lot can happen in that period of time……

It would not surprise me if the Ds ditch Brandon either. A rematch between Trump and Brandon will be an absolute $hit$how.

He should not be nominated again but probably will be anyway. Still, we have another year or more until the Rs decide who their nominee will be and a lot can happen in that period of time……

It would not surprise me if the Ds ditch Brandon either. A rematch between Trump and Brandon will be an absolute $hit$how.
I would rather have Trump assume a King Maker role in the next election, rather than running again. If he can manage his ego (possible, but not likely), he will see that it's in the best interests of the country that he NOT run again. Support DeSantis and UNITE the country.

We can only hope that his inner circle can get him to see the light. His day has come and gone.

If a tree falls in a subcommittee and no Trump Republican hears it…..

Scott, so wise....
"I have not taken my time to watch the hearings"

"If you are looking for the truth you have got to have cross examination "

I have heard Senator Scott give 3 long speeches. He is such a high character guy. His story is so relatable to the common man. My #1 choice of all the Rs for President....by far. One politician, so far, I have not heard blatant lies from.

Is this like fake news?

Let's see how can I make something more a sham & worthless waste of time than it already is....

I know, lets bring in lying, no good worthless, zero credibility Schiff.
Yep, that will put the cherry on top of the turd sunday. LoL

Last edited:
This isn't a trial
You're right, it's not a trial. It was never intended to be a trial. But whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better about what actually happened post-2020 election. Awful lot of Republicans confirming these stories for it to be "partisan hackery". I know, I know: they're not "real Republicans" though, just "RINOs" because they value Democracy and the Constitution over Donald Trump's endorsement.

trump/scott would be a winning ticket.
If the Democrats roll out basically anyone but Biden or Hillary Clinton, they would demolish this ticket. Trump hasn't won a popular vote yet... but sure... let's keep on rolling him out there because that's worked so well so far for the Republican party, making the first one-term President since the early 90s and a national embarrassment. You guys find Biden incompetent, yet he beat Trump at the polls in 2020 and flipped states that should never be flipped. Republicans have hung their hat on an incredibly weak candidate and don't seem to be learning from it. It'll cost them the White House in 2024 again if they don't figure it out.

I am dying to vote for basically any Republican who has a modicum of sense. They can push Trump's agenda, but if they start supporting the grifters' lies from 2020 during their run, I'm out.

Last edited:
You're right, it's not a trial. It was never intended to be a trial. But whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better about what actually happened post-2020 election. Awful lot of Republicans confirming these stories for it to be "partisan hackery". I know, I know: they're not "real Republicans" though, just "RINOs" because they value Democracy and the Constitution over Donald Trump's endorsement.
Are you interested in learning about the FBI's role in Jan 6, or do you agree with Bob that it is "policy" that the FBI's role cannot be discussed?

If the Democrats roll out basically anyone but Biden or Hillary Clinton, they would demolish this ticket. Trump hasn't won a popular vote yet... but sure... let's keep on rolling him out there because that's worked so well so far for the Republican party, making the first one-term President since the early 90s and a national embarrassment. You guys find Biden incompetent, yet he beat Trump at the polls in 2020 and flipped states that should never be flipped. Republicans have hung their hat on an incredibly weak candidate and don't seem to be learning from it. It'll cost them the White House in 2024 again if they don't figure it out.
What about DeSantis/Scott?

What about DeSantis/Scott?
I could probably get on board with Desantis. I honestly don't know enough about Scott. I think Desantis is strong enough to appear separate from Trump, and I think he probably wants to be his own man. Of all the candidates out there, he's the one (right now) that I see as being most likely to push Trump to the sideshow where he belongs.

Reactions: BSIT and SDBoiler1
Are you interested in learning about the FBI's role in Jan 6, or do you agree with Bob that it is "policy" that the FBI's role cannot be discussed?
I don't have an opinion on January 6th. I'm more interested in the stuff that led up to it, e.g. the plan to overturn the election, Trump and a select few idiots on his team being willing to do basically anything to stay in power after losing the election, "legal" be damned.

At this point, the actual riots on the 6th are what they are and the criminals are having their day in court. While I think Trump knew what he was doing with his rhetoric, it's a tough sell to link him directly to the cause. Frankly, I think most of those people were going to go do what they were going to do with or without Trump's speeches. I just hope that enough Americans recognize that this is a guy who surrounds himself with good people, but when they tell him things he doesn't like, he ostracizes them in favor of seriously questionable people. He blocks out any dissent (e.g. firing people, "fake news"), which is classic tyrant behavior. There is no room for respectful disagreement with Trump, and you can't have that kind of person in the White House.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I could probably get on board with Desantis. I honestly don't know enough about Scott. I think Desantis is strong enough to appear separate from Trump, and I think he probably wants to be his own man. Of all the candidates out there, he's the one (right now) that I see as being most likely to push Trump to the sideshow where he belongs.

If Trump runs, Rs beter not have a full field.....that guarantees Trump.. Get one guy like Scott or Desantis and have a fighting chance to beat him. Like I said my preference is Scott, but could live with Desantis.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
If Trump runs, Rs beter not have a full field.....that guarantees Trump.. Get one guy like Scott or Desantis and have a fighting chance to beat him. Like I said my preference is Scott, but could live with Desantis.
Probably naive on my part, but I'm hoping that after the midterms are over, more and more Rs are willing to distance themselves from him and marginalize him as much as possible. I just don't think his ego is going to be able to stay out of the race. He needs to run again to validate himself to himself, IMO. And that's why he would run; not for the betterment of the country, just to soothe his own 78-year-old ego.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I agree. He can keep the MAGA people happy yet he’s not in lock-step with Trump. His temperament is better - I believe he was a Naval officer. His wife was a service member too.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I agree. He can keep the MAGA people happy yet he’s not in lock-step with Trump. His temperament is better - I believe he was a Naval officer. His wife was a service member too.
The only thing I didn't like about Desantis was the cavalier attitude towards COVID, but I also loathe Gavin Newsome and how California handled it. Fortunately, I live in a relatively conservative county in California so it wasn't quite as bananas here. Somewhere in between, "**** it, do whatever you want!" and what California did was the right answer. I don't think I'll be making election decisions based on COVID policies in 2024 either way.

The only thing I didn't like about Desantis was the cavalier attitude towards COVID, but I also loathe Gavin Newsome and how California handled it. Fortunately, I live in a relatively conservative county in California so it wasn't quite as bananas here. Somewhere in between, "**** it, do whatever you want!" and what California did was the right answer. I don't think I'll be making election decisions based on COVID policies in 2024 either way.
Newsom is absolutely terrible.

I don't have an opinion on January 6th. I'm more interested in the stuff that led up to it, e.g. the plan to overturn the election, Trump and a select few idiots on his team being willing to do basically anything to stay in power after losing the election, "legal" be damned.
You have no opinion on whether the FBI should be held to account for its actions on Jan 6, whatever they were?

At this point, the actual riots on the 6th are what they are and the criminals are having their day in court. While I think Trump knew what he was doing with his rhetoric, it's a tough sell to link him directly to the cause. Frankly, I think most of those people were going to go do what they were going to do with or without Trump's speeches. I just hope that enough Americans recognize that this is a guy who surrounds himself with good people, but when they tell him things he doesn't like, he ostracizes them in favor of seriously questionable people. He blocks out any dissent (e.g. firing people, "fake news"), which is classic tyrant behavior. There is no room for respectful disagreement with Trump, and you can't have that kind of person in the White House.
He runs off anyone who dares to cross him in any way. I like Trump’s policies but I’m tired of his style/behavior. America deserves better going forward.

He runs off anyone who dares to cross him in any way. I like Trump’s policies but I’m tired of his style/behavior. America deserves better going forward.
Exactly. Good leaders want some dissent and want to be challenged.

I think if Barr went public in November or December 2020 we avoid a lot of this mess.

Exactly. Good leaders want some dissent and want to be challenged.

I think if Barr went public in November or December 2020 we avoid a lot of this mess.
I’m just tired of the continual whining about a stolen election. If what he contends is true, prove it in a court of law or shut the hell up about it. He just can’t help himself.

What Trump did on January 6th was colossally stupid. Is he directly culpable for the riots ? I think that’s a stretch but he certainly encouraged a series of events that got a woman killed and many policeman injured.

Honestly, I don’t even know WTF you’re talking about, and I don’t care, as I’ve already said.
The question goes way beyond Jan. 6. To paraphrase, you have to care about it if you want to call yourself a patriot.

Last edited:
I’m just tired of the continual whining about a stolen election. If what he contends is true, prove it in a court of law or shut the hell up about it. He just can’t help himself.

What Trump did on January 6th was colossally stupid. Is he directly culpable for the riots ? I think that’s a stretch but he certainly encouraged a series of events that got a woman killed and many policeman injured.
Agreed on all counts. At this point, I think it's plainly obvious he lost the election. I am of the opinion there is some level of voter fraud in every election, but I do not think there was nearly the level to change the outcome of the election. In fact, I would wager that voter fraud largely cancels itself out as both parties likely partake (not in an organized fashion, just individuals or small groups committing fraud on behalf of both parties).

At this point, you've had your day in court, and you lost 67 out of 68 cases (or whatever it was). The only people who still believe this bullshit are just completely gullible buffoons. I don't even think Trump himself believes it anymore, he just puts up the front to try to protect what he perceives as his image.

I think Giuliani and a few others are grifting on the back of it. I got an email to my "spam" account from Giuliani wanting me to provide money to help them make sure Democrats can't steal any more elections. GTFOH, but I'm sure it's working on a certain segment of people and all it's doing is lining wealthy people's pockets. Pure grift.

Do you suspect anybody else may have encouraged that series of events, or just Trump?

Agreed on all counts. At this point, I think it's plainly obvious he lost the election. I am of the opinion there is some level of voter fraud in every election, but I do not think there was nearly the level to change the outcome of the election. In fact, I would wager that voter fraud largely cancels itself out as both parties likely partake (not in an organized fashion, just individuals or small groups committing fraud on behalf of both parties).

At this point, you've had your day in court, and you lost 67 out of 68 cases (or whatever it was). The only people who still believe this bullshit are just completely gullible buffoons. I don't even think Trump himself believes it anymore, he just puts up the front to try to protect what he perceives as his image.

I think Giuliani and a few others are grifting on the back of it. I got an email to my "spam" account from Giuliani wanting me to provide money to help them make sure Democrats can't steal any more elections. GTFOH, but I'm sure it's working on a certain segment of people and all it's doing is lining wealthy people's pockets. Pure grift.
A majority of the country now wishes Trump wouldn’t have lost the election.

Despite his obvious faults, yes, I’d rather have Trump in office right now instead of Brandon. Brandon has done almost nothing right IMHO and the reality is that he isn’t actually capable of running this country. He has diminished mental acuity and is nothing more than a liberal figurehead. A poor one at that.

Despite his obvious faults, yes, I’d rather have Trump in office right now instead of Brandon. Brandon has done almost nothing right IMHO and the reality is that he isn’t actually capable of running this country. He has diminished mental acuity and is nothing more than a liberal figurehead. A poor one at that.
I think we can all objectively agree that this country was in a better place with President Trump.

OK, great. That doesn't mean the majority of the country will vote for him again in 2024. To me, running Trump for a third time and assuming it's a foregone conclusion he'd win will be as colossal a miscalculation as the Democrats just running Clinton in 2016 because she was heiress apparent.

I think we can all objectively agree that this country was in a better place with President Trump.
This country was in a better place pre-pandemic in 2020, but that had little do with President Trump, just like the fact that things are worse now has little to do with President Biden. Some of the policies Biden enacted have caused inflation, but Trump also enacted similar policies with respect to stimulus spending (putting his name on the check, even!). Now, I'd agree that the last round of stimulus was not needed, but there are several factors outside presidential control that are contributing to inflation and gas prices.

Yes, the President does have an impact, but his impact is greatly overstated for better and for worse.

But that's a different thread and if we're going down that path, I'll see myself out.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
OK, great. That doesn't mean the majority of the country will vote for him again in 2024. To me, running Trump for a third time and assuming it's a foregone conclusion he'd win will be as colossal a miscalculation as the Democrats just running Clinton in 2016 because she was heiress apparent.
Never said the majority of the country will vote for him again in 2024. Simply said that a majority of the country wishes he would have won in 2020. His time has run its course. In my opinion, he would not be as bad as Biden is now.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT