ADVERTISEMENT

Experience chart and big ten level regular chart

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
A discussion about depth vs bodies yesterday got me thinking about this years experience chart. Those are useful. Depth charts mean nothing (we all grow old).

methodology
> anyone who has appeared in a game and made plays. Appearing in four games an OL and playing well, getting in and scoring a touchdown in a normal offense situation, an interception, a couple tackles for loss.. being something besides just a guy who got in a game. If they came from a g5 program did they do something impressive like Lewis 1000 yard season.
> I don’t list anyone twice .. we can usually assume a starting guard will be backup center.

then another chart of players who have established themselves as big ten level caliber regular players. Antonio Brown is an example of a g5 guy who just gets put on that second list.

experience

QB - Oconnell, Burton
RB - Doerue, Lewis, Downing
TE - Durham, Piferi
WR left - Jones
WR slot - sheffield, Tracy, Burks
WR right - Thompson, Rice, Yaseen
LT - Miller, Johnson
LG - Holstege
C - Hartwig
RG - Mbow, Finau
RT - Craig, Moussa

DE - Sullivan
DT - Deen
NT - Johnson
Leo - Jenkins, Humpich
LB/S - Graham
WLB - Fakasiieki, Brothers
MLB - Douglas, Fakasiieki
CB - Taylor, Trice, Denson
FS - Allen
SS - Jefferson, Kane
CB - Brown

Big ten level regular

QB - Oconnell
RB - Doerue
TE - Durham
WR left -
WR slot - Sheffield, Tracy
WR right - Thompson
LT - Miller
LG - Holstege
C - Hartwig
RG -
RT -

DE -
DT - Deen
NT - Johnson
Leo - Jenkins
LB/S - Graham
WLB -
MLB - Douglas
CB - Taylor, Trice
FS - Allen
SS - Jefferson, Kane
CB - Brown

I counted 7 guys in the latter category going into last year. There has been a lot of progress. I think this is where we are from what we know on the field and that PSU will be the beginning of guys being added right away to both lists. Sydnor, Caraway, Karlaftis, Washington and on and on… Are there any objections to where we are?

@nat100 this is for you. @pboiler18 more accurate than last year?

Last edited:
The issue I had with your premise last year @BCfanatic2020 was that the attitude was that if they hadn’t done it, they couldn’t do it moving forward. While I think that was a fair assessment of the Hope and Hazel years talent wise this staff hs done a much better job of attracting and then developing talent.

I’m biased but I think we should be the odds on favorites to win the division. Gotta stay healthy but on offense we are by far the most dynamic and capable in the West. Defensively is a slight question mark to me. I think we have the talent but if we can get behind the new leadership I think the defense can be just as good as last year. Not world beaters but enough to keep us in games.

Again, the #1 difference in this team to me vs ones of previous regimes is the depth and development of that depth.

The issue I had with your premise last year @BCfanatic2020 was that the attitude was that if they hadn’t done it, they couldn’t do it moving forward. While I think that was a fair assessment of the Hope and Hazel years talent wise this staff hs done a much better job of attracting and then developing talent.

I’m biased but I think we should be the odds on favorites to win the division. Gotta stay healthy but on offense we are by far the most dynamic and capable in the West. Defensively is a slight question mark to me. I think we have the talent but if we can get behind the new leadership I think the defense can be just as good as last year. Not world beaters but enough to keep us in games.

Again, the #1 difference in this team to me vs ones of previous regimes is the depth and development of that depth.
Oh no I know I was wrong last year. It doesn’t take a lot to stand up and say “I was wrong” but it is hard for a lot of people to do. When I’m wrong I’m wrong, and last year was a clear example of that.. incidentally I had picked then previous three years accurately and I’m wondering if my 8-4 prediction will hold up, because I acknowledge that if this team can answer two key questions, there may be no ceiling on what they can do in the regular season. Also, I think 8-4 may be enough to win the west and that has been a prediction of at least one YouTube channel, that Purdue goes 8-4 and wins west.

I was just wondering if you’re good with what I listed here or if you think anyone was missing or maybe even added to one of the lists when they should not have been.

ADVERTISEMENT