ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates arrested on gun charges

Gun reportedly had filed off serial number, that’s a big no no. Sounds like his lawyer stated that the car was borrowed, that it wasn’t emonis gun and he didn’t know it was in the car.

• Haha
Reactions: Abugabby
What happened to this guy? Most of the recruiting “experts” had him going directly to the NBA out of HS.

Gun reportedly had filed off serial number, that’s a big no no. Sounds like his lawyer stated that the car was borrowed, that it wasn’t emonis gun and he didn’t know it was in the car.
I heard that he didn't know who he borrowed the car or the gun from. Also he didn't know why serial number RM00056219W was filed off of the gun. Oops!

What happened to this guy? Most of the recruiting “experts” had him going directly to the NBA out of HS.
His inner circle is awful decision makers. Ant Wright alluded to the fact that toward the end of his time in Memphis that Penny wanted him gone because of negative things he would say to recruits.

Good news - he can shine on the federal prison circuit league.

I think he peaked too early and other players caught up with him. Maybe got too much star treatment from officials? I remember seeing a clip on twitter where he took like 4-5 steps before dribbling and they didn’t call anything. I can’t remember but I don’t think it was even AAU.

Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT