ADVERTISEMENT

Edey

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Zach is now the (slight) favorite to win the Wooden. +550. Tshiebwe from Kentucky had been the favorite preseason and is now +650. Timme +800, TJD +1000.

Purdue has moved from +800 to +400 to win the conference regular season. Still a majorly tight set of odds at the top.

Zach is now the (slight) favorite to win the Wooden. +550. Tshiebwe from Kentucky had been the favorite preseason and is now +650. Timme +800, TJD +1000.

Purdue has moved from +800 to +400 to win the conference regular season. Still a majorly tight set of odds at the top.
Edey has improved remarkably in all aspects of the game this year. He is stronger with the ball, has better footwork, is hitting his hook from farther out, hits his freebies, and his defense is a ton better than last year. He is also a breed passer out of the double alone with a true leader or this team.
When he gets the ball down low, it always feels like we will score either with his shot or with a great pass out of the double team to a wide open shooter.
He absolutely deserves the respect he is getting this season.

Edey has just been dominating against everyone he has played against this year, and it has not been even close. Don't see that stopping anytime this year. That dunk over 3 defenders last night was a highlight reel dunk.

The most amazing thing about him is how soft his free throw shot is for his size. People would foul Shaq, because that was the only to stop him. However, he could not hit FTs, so it was a good strategy. Teams cannot do that against Edey, because he can hit FTs.

Just shows how good rankings can be sometimes. What was he, like ranked #404 or something ridiculous in his senior class?

Painter deserves a ton of credit for identifying Edey's potential and, as he always does, eschewing the lazy thinking/approach of reliance upon player ratings. Edey is (the latest) Exhibit A for CMP's player development.

I wonder if Matt knew that Edey also played hockey and baseball...seems like a well-kept secret.

Painter deserves a ton of credit for identifying Edey's potential and, as he always does, eschewing the lazy thinking/approach of reliance upon player ratings. Edey is (the latest) Exhibit A for CMP's player development.

I wonder if Matt knew that Edey also played hockey and baseball...seems like a well-kept secret.
hoping JT Rock will be the next in line

Reactions: Professor Emeritus

I'm pretty sure he knew Zach played baseball because I believe he went to one of his games Hockey I'm not sure about.

Haven't had a National Player of the Year in awhile. (Grob?) Edey could do it the way he is playing.

ADVERTISEMENT