ADVERTISEMENT

Eddy Wilson to enter the draft

Purdue11

Junior
Jun 18, 2017

A week ago he said he was staying for his senior season and now this lol. I'm going to be brutally honest and say he won't get drafted. He will get an invite to some camps tho

Reactions: Zaphod_B
It is too bad, since he could have been a big part of our defense next year. However, more than likely he was not going to be able to qualify academically.

Last edited:
I have to believe he was informed there would be no scholarship awaiting for him upon his return next fall.

I know Eddy is a polarizing figure but I wish him nothing but the best. I've been a fan of his since he was a freshman. I think he started or played significant minutes since he first set foot on campus. His first year was still in the dark horrible times of haz and burke.
I remember seeing on twitter back during his freshman year he went to see some of his cousins play football in the region and he rocked his Purdue Letterman's jacket in the twitter picture. For me that left a strong impression. This was during the dark ages and he still represented Purdue when he went back to his home. I hope he can have a good rest of his life and make some money. The dude can play.

Declaring early for draft is probably a sound business decision for someone like Sam Darnold. For Wilson, the odds are against him just like when Ken Plue or Sel Lymon left early.

If his scholarship was in fact pulled, he could've tapped a number of available assistance sources and gone to summer school-then the odds of getting drafted would have been significantly increased a year from now.

He didn't carry his responsibility in the classroom. He would've been good for the defense next season, however it's next man up. Ineligible last spring and again for the bowl game. Time to move on.

A question to ask is by declaring early, and if no longer enrolled in school, is he entitled to participate in Purdue's pro day and participate in the NFL combine?

A question to ask is by declaring early, and if no longer enrolled in school, is he entitled to participate in Purdue's pro day and participate in the NFL combine?

That's Purdue's decision and I'm sure they would allow him to.

Best of luck to him. I think he has enough talent and high enough ceiling he will get a chance in a summer camp and maybe even a practice squad as an undrafted free agen, but I think he will create his own destiny.

Pro Days are not really associated with the university. The NFL just uses the facility and it makes it more convenient for scouts to see any players who are not invited to the Combine.

Pro Days are not really associated with the university. The NFL just uses the facility and it makes it more convenient for scouts to see any players who are not invited to the Combine.

that's nice to know. I always thought the university was responsible , sort of like a placement service for their athletes to give scouts a chance to come and take a look at all of their eligible athletes.. I remember OSU refused RB Mo Clarette to use their facilities for his pro day, but there were other issues involved.

There's another one to add to your list of scholarships that have opened up btw.

this was kind of an obvious one. But it appears his decision may have been made by brohm's decision not to keep the scholarship open for his return like he did last year.

this could also be part of that other mystic post made that brohm has several interested transfers already on their way awaiting a spot.

Craft was said to have committed to ball St. Adding Moore puts Purdue 4 over their max.

Craft was said to have committed to ball St. Adding Moore puts Purdue 4 over their max.

Where does it say he committed to Ball State? He just visited Toledo this weekend. He picked up a ball state offer recently but haven’t seen anything about committing

Where does it say he committed to Ball State? He just visited Toledo this weekend. He picked up a ball state offer recently but haven’t seen anything about committing

take it up with the guy who posted it in the other thread.

ADVERTISEMENT