ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern on official

6ft 8in 230lbs Tillman, 6ft 10in 210lbs Brown and 6ft 6in Eastern.....in town.

6ft 8in Theo John
7ft 3in Chris Sodom
6ft 8in J. Jackson Jr
6ft 6in Kyle Young
6ft 7in Evan Battery
6ft 11in Jacob Epperson
6ft 10 Malik Ondigo

All still in the mix.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
6ft 8in 230lbs Tillman, 6ft 10in 210lbs Brown and 6ft 6in Eastern.....in town.

6ft 8in Theo John
7ft 3in Chris Sodom
6ft 8in J. Jackson Jr
6ft 6in Kyle Young
6ft 7in Evan Battery
6ft 11in Jacob Epperson
6ft 10 Malik Ondigo

All still in the mix.
I think once one of those dominos falls, either in Purdue's direction or not, will cause a lot of movement.

Would love to see what the itinerary of the visit is for some of these big time recruits. Obviously, they're going to get a campus tour, meet with the academic advisor, meet with Painter, etc, but is it typically and overnight deal? Do they go out with the players to party? Are they allowed to participate in a scrimmage with the team or do they just watch practice from the sideline?
Would also like to know who the best 'salesman' on the team is and how Painter decides who will be the players host?
Back in the day, I know there were female 'hosts' for the recruits. Are they still around? (I know Louisville uses them.....)

Reactions: nagemj02
Actually, Painter's extension is in the hands of the BOT right now. So his extension was engineered by Burke, although I'm sure Bobinski was consulted.
Very doubtful if Bobinski had any say. He was not hired until early August.

Actually, Painter's extension is in the hands of the BOT right now. So his extension was engineered by Burke, although I'm sure Bobinski was consulted.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Bobinski wasn't consulted. In the last press conference from Burke, when he was asked about giving Versyp and Painter extensions he stated (paraphrased): "I don't think I did anything he wouldn't have agreed with" (referring to MB2). And I think he also went on to say that they hadn't yet had a chance to really talk about things, if I'm remembering correctly. But I absolutely recall his quote to the effect of above.

ADVERTISEMENT