ADVERTISEMENT

During yesterday's Mock coming out party, it occurred to me he reminds me of Roger Craig

BSIT

All-American
Feb 2, 2011
Poipu, HI
who I was shocked to find out isn't in the HOF. Attached is a highlight reel that shows similarities. For the easily triggered 49er fans, I'm not saying he is as good but looks similar. I will say this, if Mock stays healthy he could easily be playing on Sunday's and predict will be the best Purdue RB since Alstott

who I was shocked to find out isn't in the HOF. Attached is a highlight reel that shows similarities. For the easily triggered 49er fans, I'm not saying he is as good but looks similar. I will say this, if Mock stays healthy he could easily be playing on Sunday's and predict will be the best Purdue RB since Alstott

That was who came to my mind yesterday

Reactions: BSIT

Alstott was an all time great for Purdue no doubt. He is up there with Keyes and Armstrong.

However, missed in the conversations of Purdue RBs over the last 20 years is Kory Sheets that had over 3,300 yards rushing for us and 48 TDs. He was toward the end of the Tiller era/beginning Hope era, so he seems to be forgotten sometimes.

Yes, the high knees and wigglying around at first contact. Spot on!

Really we've been waiting to see Devin play just one way, all of his Highschool production was done never leaving the field being that guy on both sides of the ball. He's able to keep that high level energy going now playing one way. If he can go from 195lb "that is his weight not 180lb" to 205lb-207lb by next year and still be able to keep his running style he's gonna give opposing Defenses headaches and take alot of pressure off of AOC s successor come game day. The most important thing for him is being on Scholarship.

I'm excited for the guy too, but can we possibly come up with some comps that aren't in the NFL HOF? geez

Really we've been waiting to see Devin play just one way, all of his Highschool production was done never leaving the field being that guy on both sides of the ball. He's able to keep that high level energy going now playing one way. If he can go from 195lb "that is his weight not 180lb" to 205lb-207lb by next year and still be able to keep his running style he's gonna give opposing Defenses headaches and take alot of pressure off of AOC s successor come game day. The most important thing for him is being on Scholarship.
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to get a guy on scholarship mid season since the 85 have already been allocated, which was difficult to begin with due to the extra Covid year eligibility.

But I would like to see him get set up with a NIL deal in the near term, and I'm sure the staff will take take of the scholarship situation for 2023.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to get a guy on scholarship mid season since the 85 have already been allocated, which was difficult to begin with due to the extra Covid year eligibility.

But I would like to see him get set up with a NIL deal in the near term, and I'm sure the staff will take take of the scholarship situation for 2023.
If someone enters the portal at semester, couldn’t Devin take that scholarship for the second semester?

I generally shy away from comparisons. But I will say that I've seen a lot of great backs in my lifetime (for reference I saw Keyes and Sayers play), and they have a couple of things in common.

They don't absorb the contact as much as they deliver the contact and they always finish the run.

Doesn't hurt to be elusive either.

I look forward to watching Mr. Mockabee carry the football for a long time to come.

If someone enters the portal at semester, couldn’t Devin take that scholarship for the second semester?
This has come up before, but I'm struggling to recall the details. I think.. I think.. the scholarships are guaranteed for the entire academic year. I have advocated in situations where guys opt out of a bowl game to pull the spring semester scholly. At the very least, that is considered taboo. Now, if a guy actually leaves campus for good at semester break, that's probably a different story. Usually the portal guys stick around and take classes until summer. You've also got early enrollees to consider.

Apparently he can have Cam Craig's football schollie and Craig can still be on academic schollie until he graduates.

I love watching the runners whose feet only touch the ground to make a cut. Mock's got that style where his feet don't seem to touch the turf unless he's cutting. The difference in styles between Mock and Doroue was so stark. King just runs in one direction in a tight package while Mock is all knees and elbows flying all over the place. I wonder who is faster?

I love Mockobee. Watching Mockobee reminds me of what we've been missing since Jones and Knox left.

I actually thought King D was an adequate back but after watching Mockobee and King D run in the same game, I changed my mind.

Reactions: BSIT
I love Mockobee. Watching Mockobee reminds me of what we've been missing since Jones and Knox left.

I actually thought King D was an adequate back but after watching Mockobee and King D run in the same game, I changed my mind.
Doerue is playing through a bad hammy.

Love that guy. Cooper’s staff kept pressuring him to cut class to make room for football practice, and Smith told them to pound it and took the year off.

I think he was pre-med and wanted a career in medicine at some point after his playing days.....definitely wasn't there just to play football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT