ADVERTISEMENT

Duke v. Purdue (Game Thread - 2022 Phil Knight Legacy Championship)

Any coach would not give a rats ass about "at that time."
I only block Wolegib ... what is the point of making negative comments at the start of a 40 minute game? It has no relevance to the outcome.
Then get a drink or a pill or whatever you do at 80 and enjoy the night.

I’ve been Purdue since 1969 so I’ll temper my expectations this early in the season. But I have to say this team is playing “as a team” as good as a Boilermaker team has since Robbie’s junior season
before he went down. I think there was more talent last year but as the year went along it just felt like Ivey was reading too much of his own press and thinking nba. So yes expectations are tempered but really looking forward to watching this “team” the rest of the year and into the tournament.

I’ve been Purdue since 1969 so I’ll temper my expectations this early in the season. But I have to say this team is playing “as a team” as good as a Boilermaker team has since Robbie’s junior season
before he went down. I think there was more talent last year but as the year went along it just felt like Ivey was reading too much of his own press and thinking nba. So yes expectations are tempered but really looking forward to watching this “team” the rest of the year and into the tournament.
I graduated in '70 --- went to Wisconsin and L'ville with the '69 team ... and this one has attributes we have not had in a long time!

I hate we cant cuss on this sight because beating WV, Gamzaga and Duke in 4 days, 2 of them top 6 teams before we smaked them by 18+ points each deservesa ton of cuss words in a positive way..wow.

This team plays so well together that they are hard to beat. They play such strong defense, and don't seem to take a play off like some of our earlier teams. Nice game tonight!

Sure glad we didn't bench Morton like of our "stats-coach' wanted. He adds so much to the attitude and effort thais team puts into every game.

This team plays so well together that they are hard to beat. They play such strong defense, and don't seem to take a play off like some of our earlier teams. Nice game tonight!

Sure glad we didn't bench Morton like of our "stats-coach' wanted. He adds so much to the attitude and effort thais team puts into every game.
KaBAM! How's the S running?

Big lols to the anti-Morton folks on this board since the kid walked on campus, also declaring him probable for a transfer. Constant crow served this year, just take it, its ok...

Saying he was a transfer canidate as he was a top 100 player, isnt starting in his junior year and isnt a local kid wasnt crazy. He has shown allot of heart and loyalty, but in this day and age, few kids show either.

Not sure its eating crow, but if you do I will eat crow.

Saying he was a transfer canidate as he was a top 100 player, isnt starting in his junior year and isnt a local kid wasnt crazy. He has shown allot of heart and loyalty, but in this day and age, few kids show either.

Not sure its eating crow, but if you do I will eat crow.
I'm not singling you or anyone out at all, just referencing several posts I remember with this vibe. I specifically remember various claims that he would transfer, thats all.

ADVERTISEMENT