ADVERTISEMENT

Duke to Midwest...for Coach K?

DAG10

All-American
Nov 2, 2018
I admittedly thought this was just a joke when I first heard about it...it is not though, well, it is in the general sense, but, not literal.

Coach K wants to be able to go to Chicago because it is his hometown, so, Duke has requested to be placed in the Midwest region.

Maybe I am the only one that did not know that you could request such things, as, I literally had never heard of it...probably because it has never happened.

Really? How arrogant (fitting), and, to my initial point...what a joke.

If the NCAA somehow does anything more than laugh at this request, shame on them...if they somehow honor it...literally ridiculous.

Here is hoping that Duke loses the first weekend...one, so as to end Coach K's career as soon as possible, and, two, so as Mike can go watch games in his hometown on the second weekend.

It is a wonder that the NCAA hasn't issued a press release that reads

"In order to emphasize our commitment to students who loyally support their schools, the site of the 2022 NCAA Final Four will be relocated to Cameron Indoor Stadium on the campus of Duke University.

"To demonstrate our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the host school will be awarded the top seed and automatically advanced to the Final Four, and will select the remaining three participating schools from the following list:

Howard University
Alcorn State University
Prairie View A&M University
Florida A&M University
Southern University
Norfolk State University
North Carolina A&T University
Grambling State University

"Please join our corporate partners in wishing each participating school the best of luck as we tip off March Madness!"

I guess if Coach K say that they should be the champions this year that we just give it to them. We don’t need to waste time playing any games. All schools and everyone agree?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Oh.....it would be just so wonderful......I truly hope it works out for them......what a blessing for college basketball......I can't go on....sorry folks, I thought I could stay composed......damn it......

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

I admittedly thought this was just a joke when I first heard about it...it is not though, well, it is in the general sense, but, not literal.

Coach K wants to be able to go to Chicago because it is his hometown, so, Duke has requested to be placed in the Midwest region.

Maybe I am the only one that did not know that you could request such things, as, I literally had never heard of it...probably because it has never happened.

If the NCAA somehow does anything more than laugh at this request, shame on them...if they somehow honor it...literally ridiculous.

Here is hoping that Duke loses the first weekend...one, so as to end Coach K's career as soon as possible, and, two, so as Mike can go watch games in his hometown on the second weekend.

Can we request no 3 pointers in the last 5 seconds of games ?

n
It is a wonder that the NCAA hasn't issued a press release that reads

"In order to emphasize our commitment to students who loyally support their schools, the site of the 2022 NCAA Final Four will be relocated to Cameron Indoor Stadium on the campus of Duke University.

"To demonstrate our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the host school will be awarded the top seed and automatically advanced to the Final Four, and will select the remaining three participating schools from the following list:

Howard University
Alcorn State University
Prairie View A&M University
Florida A&M University
Southern University
Norfolk State University
North Carolina A&T University
Grambling State University

"Please join our corporate partners in wishing each participating school the best of luck as we tip off March Madness!"
So you take an article about a coach from an elite basketball program and rightfully make light of the privilege he thinks he's entitled to and somehow manage to negatively weave in some kind of perceived privilege the HSBU teams have? I'll take the bait.

Based on what? Because last year Norfolk State got the automatic bid from their conference and had to play in the "play in game"? Not saying they were treated unfairly but it hardly screams of privilege. Has there been some fundamental shift made for this years tourney that would give the teams listed above some kind of advantage that I'm not aware of?

Sorry but its not that clever.

n

So you take an article about a coach from an elite basketball program and rightfully make light of the privilege he thinks he's entitled to and somehow manage to negatively weave in some kind of perceived privilege the HSBU teams have? I'll take the bait.

Based on what? Because last year Norfolk State got the automatic bid from their conference and had to play in the "play in game"? Not saying they were treated unfairly but it hardly screams of privilege. Has there been some fundamental shift made for this years tourney that would give the teams listed above some kind of advantage that I'm not aware of?

Sorry but its not that clever.
I also think they will put Tenn in our bracket

I'll ask Jerry Palm what he thinks about this and report back. He might have some insight. But, yes, hope Duke gets smacked by UNC this weekend and doesn't make it out of the first weekend of the tourney.

I'll ask Jerry Palm what he thinks about this and report back. He might have some insight. But, yes, hope Duke gets smacked by UNC this weekend and doesn't make it out of the first weekend of the tourney.
Would be interesting...especially if there is ANY genuine consideration of it. I am still shocked that it not only happened, but, that it is not "news" in any sense apparently...at least not to this point.

Just the audacity...may just be me, but, WOW.

I would put the chance of a UNC smacking at <0.01...the mere thought of Duke losing in Coach K's final home game in Cameron...to UNC...it would rival the Miracle On Ice...the fact that the game is against UNC shows that thought went into it...that it was intentional...as such, I am incredibly confident that directions to officials were/will be pretty clear...heck, they probably have told Hubert already how things will play out.

Would be interesting...especially if there is ANY genuine consideration of it. I am still shocked that it not only happened, but, that it is not "news" in any sense apparently...at least not to this point.

I would put the chance of a UNC smacking at <0.01...the mere thought of Duke losing in Coach K's final home game in Cameron...to UNC...it would rival the Miracle On Ice...the fact that the game is against UNC shows that thought went into it...that it was intentional...as such, I am incredibly confident that directions to officials were/will be pretty clear...heck, they probably have told Hubert already how things will play out.
like Farve taking that Sack w/ Strahan.

Response about if the NCAA selection committee considers a coaches request for seed locations:

"it's possible. every team gives the NCAA its preference, but it only matters if they are overall #1. otherwise, it's ignored"

Response about if the NCAA selection committee considers a coaches request for seed locations:

"it's possible. every team gives the NCAA its preference, but it only matters if they are overall #1. otherwise, it's ignored"
Pretty crazy to think that "every team" gives its preference...more so if it only truly matters in one case.

Now that this is out there, it will be interesting to see if it does indeed get ignored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT