ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Game

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
My early betting line shows we are 2-1/2 point underdogs. I was expecting it to be higher, seems as if the public has gained respect for us quickly.

I have a good feeling about this game, I think our size will bother them. They are more athletic, but we have shown we can handle that.

Lets make it a weekend to remember with a big win tomorrow!

2 point dogs to Duke anytime is impressive.
We were 6.5 dogs to Gonzaga and won by 18. Zags are (currently) ranked higher than the Blue Devils.
Lloyd Christmas says we have a chance.

My early betting line shows we are 2-1/2 point underdogs. I was expecting it to be higher, seems as if the public has gained respect for us quickly.

I have a good feeling about this game, I think our size will bother them. They are more athletic, but we have shown we can handle that.

If this game was on the schedule preseason, I would say with freshman guards and a sometimes dissapearing 3&4.....I would say Duke 90-67 Purdue.

Since then we have learned these are not ordinary frosh guards, and CMP has worked his substitution patterns to keep players fresh & wear down opponents, while his bench often provides a spark, even if beer is spilled to do it. 😎

Dukes athletism can cause our guards problems by making us take extended time to get into our sets, but Purdue will make it a competitive game.....win or lose.

Purdue should have this one. It's be different if Dukes talent had caught up but Lively and Whitehead just aren't there or even close. Filipkowski is pretty good and definitely their best player. Purdue looking like a sure fire Top 10-15 team. Flying under the radar has definitely helped the B1G.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
If their bigs can step out and hit shots, filippowski def can, then we could be in trouble. Our def against Gonzaga looks so good because their bigs can hit those shots and we just packed it in.

I hope Furst gets a ton of run today as he would be a good matchup against filippwski.

Excited for the game, but I'm expecting a Purdue L here. Would be thrilled it I was wrong.

Young is a heady player that Purdue has some experience against. Purdue can win this...

The IU'ers will be going ape-sh+t if we are rated higher than them! LOL
could you imagine that or beating them when Purdue loses 4 out of the top 6 from last year while having 5 players that have not played a year at Purdue, while IU has everyone back and added a couple of high star recruits? No way would you want to take a chance with fast food.

• Haha
Reactions: DrEss
If this game was on the schedule preseason, I would say with freshman guards and a sometimes dissapearing 3&4.....I would say Duke 90-67 Purdue.

Since then we have learned these are not ordinary frosh guards, and CMP has worked his substitution patterns to keep players fresh & wear down opponents, while his bench often provides a spark, even if beer is spilled to do it. 😎

Dukes athletism can cause our guards problems by making us take extended time to get into our sets, but Purdue will make it a competitive game.....win or lose.
not sure if the bench provides a spark, but it is obvious the bench provides a splash! ;)

I thought the number would be higher than that as well. Much respect for our guys after Saturday morning.

Personally, I wish the game was an hour later. Try switching off an NFL game with 30 minutes to go in a sports bar!

Is Furst out for today's game, so something about it on betting site?

I thought the number would be higher than that as well. Much respect for our guys after Saturday morning.

Personally, I wish the game was an hour later. Try switching off an NFL game with 30 minutes to go in a sports bar!
I know you have a unique situation there Chi- Boiler. Always enjoy your input. Myself, it's a great excuse not to watch the Bears.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
I know you have a unique situation there Chi- Boiler. Always enjoy your input. Myself, it's a great excuse not to watch the Bears.
I do have a TV in my eyesight ready to switch over as soon as Spain discards Germany. Hopefully not much stoppage time.

If you have to play a Duke team with this much young talent, November is the time to do it.

Boilers look more mature so far and team ball wins this game.
Hope so...team ball wins most games. So is Duke younger than Purdue?

ADVERTISEMENT