ADVERTISEMENT

DT tackle added. Welcome James Boyd. If Hagen liked him, he'll likely work well in rotation.

I believe its Chez Mellusi, former 4 star. Im actually pretty good with King starting and Zander as well as some of the WRs getting some carries.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
JUCO's are recruited to Purdue to play immediately. I doubt they are told they are going to sit a year and develop or lift. Same strategy Keady/Painter have used for yrs. Play now or leave

Reactions: Bippus33
JUCO's are recruited to Purdue to play immediately. I doubt they are told they are going to sit a year and develop or lift. Same strategy Keady/Painter have used for yrs. Play now or leave
They are, but most times there is a steep learning curve in year 1.

See above.

Also, naming one or two that panned out doesnt make up for the laundry list of flops.
Agreed, but writing off a player that our staff has offered, before he even gets to campus, also doesn't make sense.

Under normal circumstances yes jucos and grad transfers are expected to contribute immediately. But this year is unique and he has 4 years of eligibility. We had scholarships to burn this year we could afford to take him knowing he will be in the 3 deeps in the depth chart and could be a project.

Under normal circumstances yes jucos and grad transfers are expected to contribute immediately. But this year is unique and he has 4 years of eligibility. We had scholarships to burn this year we could afford to take him knowing he will be in the 3 deeps in the depth chart and could be a project.
Take a promising Juco or sit around waiting for a 4 or 5 star to sign and then pan out.............???
My roommate in college for 2years was a Juco player that signed with a MAC School and at graduation signed as a free agent with the Denver Broncos . He grew up in a horrible inner city school system and his Juco School taught him to study and develop his time management skills.
As another posted, Jim Young was fantastic at recruiting Juco`s , Fred Akers "God Bless his soul" ..... Horrible!
Nat 100, have you ever noticed the reoccurring names of those Juco programs that have consistently pumped out quality players..... Coffeyville, KS Kankakee, IL

Take a promising Juco or sit around waiting for a 4 or 5 star to sign and then pan out.............???
My roommate in college for 2years was a Juco player that signed with a MAC School and at graduation signed as a free agent with the Denver Broncos . He grew up in a horrible inner city school system and his Juco School taught him to study and develop his time management skills.
As another posted, Jim Young was fantastic at recruiting Juco`s , Fred Akers "God Bless his soul" ..... Horrible!
Nat 100, have you ever noticed the reoccurring names of those Juco programs that have consistently pumped out quality players..... Coffeyville, KS Kankakee, IL
A shout out for Rob Ninkovich from Joliet Junior College! I think we all agree, we'd take a player like him.

Speculating only that he is ~ 21 yrs old only on hudl and looks quick. Can't wait to see our overall defensive look take shape. His Ht and Wt looks good too.

Love the first step speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT