ADVERTISEMENT

Drew is having a tough year, but

Drew is having a good year.....delivering the football to his receivers. The frickin' stupid receivers are dropping WAY too many of his passes. Colston and Graham must have butter or grease on their hands. The Saints defense also absolutely sucks, but I don't blame Ryan for that. I think they lost a bunch of starters on the D. The loss of Sproles is also hurting. Drew could always dump it off to him for a quick 25-40 yards.

Originally posted by Purduethruandthru:
at least his record for consecutive games with a touchdown will stand for a while.
Yes; I was surprised that Manning's streak ended yesterday. I thought for sure he would end up with that record, too. Brady's streak ended last year in Cincinnati, and Romo's just ended recently against Philadelphia.

Still have to marvel at J. Unitas' record standing for so long in a much more difficult era for passing, but kudos to Drew Brees for carving out a great career with the Saints.

Actually, Drew's season numbers right now would make this his fifth best in his 14 years for passing efficiency (98.8).

Trouble is, virtually every pick he's thrown (12 in 13 games) has led to a touchdown, and the Saints' defense is in the pits.

Still, if he can average 339 yards per game in his last three, he'd have his fifth 5,000-yard season. The rest of NFL history has produced just four other such passers, each of those with only one 5,000-yard season. And despite throwing with 30-point leads, Manning still needed to have the league count a lateral for him to top Drew's NFL season record.

Drew's earned his numbers.

NFL Stats: Brees

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT