ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Does It Again

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I know that Drew Brees took a lot of flack for the comments made on the sports call in show in the Spring. I don't think he meant how it was taken by so many, but that is just my opinion and not the point of this thread.

What I wanted to say is that Drew never ceases to amaze me on how incredibly giving he is (and Brittany too of course) and does everything he can to help out. He made a $5 million donation in March to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic in Louisiana.

He is now contributing another $5 million to help set up community healthcare centers in underprivileged areas of the state of Louisiana.

He has done so much for Purdue, and continues to do so for the university. However, he continues to do so much for others that he is one of the truly remarkable people in the country on how he continues to strive to make a difference in so many people's lives. I am proud that he is one of our alumni.

https://247sports.com/college/purdu...n-COVID-19-makes-second-5-million--149578038/

I know that Drew Brees took a lot of flack for the comments made on the sports call in show in the Spring. I don't think he meant how it was taken by so many manipulated by a few, but that is just my opinion and not the point of this thread.

What I wanted to say is that Drew never ceases to amaze me on how incredibly giving he is (and Brittany too of course) and does everything he can to help out. He made a $5 million donation in March to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic in Louisiana.

He is now contributing another $5 million to help set up community healthcare centers in underprivileged areas of the state of Louisiana.

He has done so much for Purdue, and continues to do so for the university. However, he continues to do so much for others that he is one of the truly remarkable people in the country on how he continues to strive to make a difference in so many people's lives. I am proud that he is one of our alumni.

https://247sports.com/college/purdu...n-COVID-19-makes-second-5-million--149578038/

Slight edit.

I know that Drew Brees took a lot of flack for the comments made on the sports call in show in the Spring. I don't think he meant how it was taken by so many, but that is just my opinion and not the point of this thread.

Drew is a man of action, not a social media warrior.

Where are all his fellow NFL buddies to comment on this new $5MM he’s donating? Quick to slam him. Not so much now.

Why does everyone have to make everything political on a football forum?

It's the same people every thread....there's a whole forum you can go spew your political leanings! I keep mine off of THIS forum.

Last edited:

It's the same people every thread....there's a whole forum you can go spew your political leanings! I keep mine off of THIS forum.
How is this political? Is this about Democrats or Republicans? Do you know what politics even means? Obviously not. Was asking why his nfl friends aren’t publicizing his good actions.

Last edited:
How is this political dumbass? Is this about Democrats or Republicans? Do you know what politics even means? Obviously not. Was asking why his nfl friends aren’t publicizing his good actions. What a d-bag.

And multiple Black athletes have commented on his social media posts about the gift....

Reactions: srjordan
You just made it political. Who said anything about just the black athletes? Take the loss and move on.

Yeah it's totally a mystery what you're referring to here! No more comments needed. Good for Drew!

Where are all his fellow NFL buddies to comment on this new $5MM he’s donating? Quick to slam him. Not so much now.

Yeah it's totally a mystery what you're referring to here! No more comments needed. Good for Drew!

Thanks for reposting my post. I forgot what I had written just a few hours ago.

What was wrong with his comment, except that it ruffled your feathers? Where is Lebron James here? Why hasnt he commented on the charity? It is not about lives and real racism, and you know it full well.

What was wrong with his comment, except that it ruffled your feathers? Where is Lebron James here? Why hasnt he commented on the charity? It is not about lives and real racism, and you know it full well.
Black Lives Matter is a Marxist political organization, using racial injustice as the tip of its spear. Wonder how many of these NBA guys know that it was founded by proud Marxists?

Black Lives Matter is a Marxist political organization, using racial injustice as the tip of its spear. Wonder how many of these NBA guys know that it was founded by proud Marxists?
It's the NBA so "It's all about the Benjamins, baby!"

LeBron has a point though. The USA is such a racist country that an uneducated black man can never make over minimum wage. I bet nobody knows just one black millionaire. And an educated black man who studies hard, works hard and keeps his nose clean will be known as an Uncle Tom, even if he becomes a Supreme Court Justice or the top pediatric surgeon in the world. We won't listen to Uncle Tom's, but what's Lebron's opinion?

LeBron has a point though. The USA is such a racist country that an uneducated black man can never make over minimum wage. I bet nobody knows just one black millionaire. And an educated black man who studies hard, works hard and keeps his nose clean will be known as an Uncle Tom, even if he becomes a Supreme Court Justice or the top pediatric surgeon in the world. We won't listen to Uncle Tom's, but what's Lebron's opinion?
Way to lean into Todd Brewster. Everyone had to be racist. Can’t a black man rise above with hard work and an education to secure his future? Not in your book. We are all racist.
Pssshhhh! So full of crap.

How is it racist to say that an uneducated black man is will (likely) not make more than minimum wage, when the same holds true for Latinos and whites?

What part of LeBron's point is valid? Does he only have one point? Who calls an educated black man an Uncle Tom, other than uneducated black men and white liberals? So who is the racist?

Reactions: bonefish1
All politics aside, Lebron is a hypocritical douchebag. Why isn't he railing against china and the literal slave labor they have creating lebron's gear? Where is his apology now that the full Floyd video is out and it grossly debunks the whole "I can't breathe" movement?

A man is not defined by the color of his skin but by his actions. And based on lebron's in-action he is a flaming hypocritical douche bag.

How is it racist to say that an uneducated black man is will (likely) not make more than minimum wage, when the same holds true for Latinos and whites?

What part of LeBron's point is valid? Does he only have one point? Who calls an educated black man an Uncle Tom, other than uneducated black men and white liberals? So who is the racist?

Please think about what I wrote. LeBron is an uneducated black man. The last I checked he barely graduated High School and I bet he passed some subjects because of his basketball skills. He'll probably make more in one year than I can make in my lifetime, even though I owned my own highly successful ad agency. On the entire continent of Africa, can you name where an uneducated black man makes anywhere close to this type of income? Yet, the US is perceived to be racist? How can this be? If America was racist or even close there would not be any black millionaires. And like I said, you can't name just one. Without even thinking, you can name ten and it would not take me more than an hour to write down a hundred. With the use of my computer I could easily name a thousand.

Two men I have the utmost respect for are Clarence Thomas and Dr. Carson. They are extremely intelligent and hard working men of integrity. And yes, they are considered Uncle Toms by uneducated blacks and white liberals.

Please think about what I wrote. LeBron is an uneducated black man. The last I checked he barely graduated High School and I bet he passed some subjects because of his basketball skills. He'll probably make more in one year than I can make in my lifetime, even though I owned my own highly successful ad agency. On the entire continent of Africa, can you name where an uneducated black man makes anywhere close to this type of income? Yet, the US is perceived to be racist? How can this be? If America was racist or even close there would not be any black millionaires. And like I said, you can't name just one. Without even thinking, you can name ten and it would not take me more than an hour to write down a hundred. With the use of my computer I could easily name a thousand.

Two men I have the utmost respect for are Clarence Thomas and Dr. Carson. They are extremely intelligent and hard working men of integrity. And yes, they are considered Uncle Toms by uneducated blacks and white liberals.
I admit I read your original post incorrectly. I agree 100% with your reply

Reactions: todd brewster
I admit I read your original post incorrectly. I agree 100% with your reply

I appreciate your integrity.

With the peaceful protesters, there were a tiny percentage who started the rioting and looting, but then others joined in. I was in TN as a Civil Rights activist in the early 70's and I found the same thing among Southern whites. Most just went along. IMO less than 15% were racists and even less today. The big slogan that inspired me in the 60's in NY was black is beautiful. My town was probably 30% black and I played sports so probably 50% of my friends were black. I saw that blacks were family oriented, had a better social presence and were more athletic including dancing (I was so jealous - lol). I thought there was a lot for blacks to be proud.

IMO BLM means I should have a chip on my shoulder, because I have excuses for not making it. IMO the number one problem of blacks today is the breakup of the family. The government rewards single parent households. Fathers are needed to teach respect of others including the police. The number two problem is Uncle Tom syndrome where we have Jim Crow in reverse. I realize this is shocking to whites, but blacks know what I am talking about.

The big thing to change inequality is for all to pester their Congressmen to push for Prison and Judicial Reform. This is what Trump has been trying to do, but he is being thwarted by Congress trying to obstruct him. I don't care if you think Trump is not PC, is egotistical or a bully. We need to unify the country by doing this and stop listening to the media that everyone is a racist.

Where is his apology now that the full Floyd video is out and it grossly debunks the whole "I can't breathe" movement?

The media is our country is so dishonest and agenda pushing. It's just so difficult to believe how dishonest and "connected" main unique media outlets are aligned with common, untruthful and dividing narratives (the more a lie is told, especially from many sources, the more you will believe and not question it).

I have to admit that I initially fell for the narrative that the main stream media has put out about the George Floyd arrest and death. I was outraged based on what I was hearing and the video that was shown initially. I was SHOCKED to see the leaked arrest video (if others want to see if, google it, it came out from the Daily Mail) and how respectful the officers were when attempting to put him in the back of the cop car. Then, to see Floyd literally beg to be put on the ground after refusing to go into the car... that was the *LAST* thing I expected to see based on the media narrative. I do think his death is tragic. I am just shocked that *NONE* of the mainstream media outlets are showing the full arrest video to show the truth and back off and modify their narrative towards the truth.

When you add other media incidents such as that ABC had the Epstein / Clinton story years before it came out but ABC management told their journalists not to run it ... and the Covington kids narrative when they portrayed those white Kentucky kids as racists when the full video showed how they were standing there and the camera crew and Native American approached them and got in that kids face ... that kid has sued / is suing all these media outlets (NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, many others, etc) and they are ALL paying him millions of dollars to get rid of the distraction and you have not heard a retraction/apology or other from them. They also do not report their payout ... you have to find it on other smaller media outlets. They will not publicly admit their narrative was untruthful. Many people still believe the narrative to this day, which is what these organizations ultimately want.

Journalism used to double and triple check their sources before reporting anything. Now, journalism wants to be first, get view/clicks, if they are not first they don't want to be last (so they reference any story that was first), they don't care if they are right or wrong (and their is no consequence for being wrong) ... when they are wrong, they don't stand up and admit it. It's just shocking how widespread this is. It wasn't always this way.

The media is our country is so dishonest and agenda pushing. It's just so difficult to believe how dishonest and "connected" main unique media outlets are aligned with common, untruthful and dividing narratives (the more a lie is told, especially from many sources, the more you will believe and not question it).

Back in the early 1960s I realized how dishonest local news could be when being a part of what was reported. Then during the first Gulf War when I was in Saudi Arabia and two friends were interviewed about living there during the war by big name news shows. How they slanted the interviews to fit their viewpoint. The kind of wild looking friend with thick lenses on his glasses was shown on TV, and to further reinforce their point, they called him by the other's name, James Looney who was normal looking. How despicable. I now never really trust what is shown, unless there is no real purpose in slanting their viewpoint.

Just look at the photos of someone used for a news article. If they're for the person, show at a nice smiling photo. If against, perhaps show the person scowling although he never had a scowl on his face, but a fleeting moment of changing experession that looked like a scowl.

Agree that the media is a substantial part of the problem. But it goes further. The proliferation of ideological faux-news sources allow large segments of the population to get their news only from sources that analyze the news through the same prism of the reader. As such, the vast majority of people never hear contradictory information or viewpoints. This reinforces that their belief is correct, because they only hear information that supports their view.

It also does not help that the media does not actually hold many of our public servants to account. Too many members of the media are far too interested in getting their face on TV than holding leaders to account thereby allowing the public officials (of all parties) to spew unchecked nonsense. Jim Acosta on CNN is exhibit A in this pattern of look at me journalism.

Any black person who doesn't agree with the Democrat "stay on the plantation and do as you're told" mentality is labeled an Uncle Tom (or Sambo and Gumbo as BNIBoiler refers to them).
Especially by liberal whites but also by blacks who don't think for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT