ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees done at NBC after one season as NFL analyst

He's coming back to the NFL.

Just to be clear, I don't think he's serious. Just frustrated at all the speculation.

Those ND broadcasts were just too hard on his system. :)
I am glad that he is done with those at least as I hated that he was ever involved.

NBC has long sucked with respect to their NFL coverage, so, getting out of the deal there may not be the worst thing either.

Seems strange for NBC to have moved on as quickly as they did, but, it may have been as much Drew wanting to move on.

It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens...pretty confident he will do/be just fine.

On the small island of Kauai they have the "coconut wireless" that spreads news like wildfire. We have some common contacts and I heard late last year he was contemplating a return to the NFL. I thought this was nutty rumor but now appears to be true. Gotta think Brady returning has got to feed his desire even more.

Reactions: DAG10
Hated that he agreed to do the Notre Dame games. Growing up in Indiana and hating the Irish all my life, I'm not sure I could have done it. I guess you don't develop that kind of distain in just four years especially when you go 2-2.

I'm just going to believe that he was uninspiring during the telecast because he didn't have his heart into being a homer for the Irish. Probably not it, but that's what I'm going to believe.

Reactions: DAG10
I didn’t love him as an analyst. I think his best place fit wise is coaching IMO…but that’s just me.
Fox has like 57 NFL broadcast teams so I could see him pretty easily landing on one of their PXP teams if he wanted the gig.

I didn’t love him as an analyst. I think his best place fit wise is coaching IMO…but that’s just me.
Fox has like 57 NFL broadcast teams so I could see him pretty easily landing on one of their PXP teams if he wanted the gig.
He was paid a stupid amount of money by NBC for having no experience. To me they bought him for a year trial at a high price not knowing how valuable he might be before he can go somewhere else. Now that everyone knows he is meh not sure he is going to get a stupid amount of money again and might just be happy enjoying his wealth at home with the family.

Maybe he could run for President in 2024?
While I’d like to see him in some form of govt, any politics is so dirty, I’d hope he’d steer clear of it for his personal mental health.

He is very smart as a Dean’s List graduate in Mgt. I’d hope he’d focus on Family for a decade to see them to post high school/college. Commit to their endeavors. I’ll keep an interest in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT