ADVERTISEMENT

Drayvn Gibbs Lawhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to join the "math-fanboi" club. Painter is a great coach, a great recruiter, and has been to multiple FF's(well, ONLY bad luck has prevented that, or he would have so let's count it). Am I in? The most galling thing about some of these math-fanboi types who accuse some posters on this board of being "IU Fans" is that they are admitted IU Fans! That's an oceans worth of "dripping with irony". If you don't drink the Painter Kool-aid you are a "troll", an "IU Fan", "Not a Real Purdue fan", "you're a reincarnation of some previous poster", or "you're a Painter Hater", etc. I can't even imagine what goes on in their paranoid pea brains. In another post someone labeled the one who goes by the name "mathboy" as toxic. They don't know how right they were. He/She is toxic, bordering on a sort of GoldandBlack Mccarthyism.
Oh boy, I have been discovered! I must be the IU fan in disguess, right? Anyone who knows my posting knows I don't troll either board. You must be feeling a bit guilty to lash out like this.

It's fun to think I've got under your skin so much. Wow, triggered! Living right in your head, free of charge!

By the way, this post is exhibit # 1. Thanks for giving all of us a really good view of your perspective and intentions. Beyond this, I don't think I can or will add more to your steaming pile.

:cool:

Reactions: SIBoiler2
IT brought the ball up more than Ivey did.
And struggled mightily doing so. Was never a creator in our offense, which would explain his lack of turnovers. I will say though, good for him for understanding and accepting his role. Because if he didn't, he would have rode the bench all year.

Morton
Newman
TRK
Furst
Edey

I know this will probably never happen, but 2-5 might be our best option to score and athlete's.
This lineup may not be the safest play but it may have the highest ceiling. Granted I've never seen TKR play, but I haven't seen any of the freshman or Jenkins play either. Based on his recruiting class rankings and who was recruiting him, I'm hoping TKR's going to be the real deal. If your a top 50 guy and not starting your second year in the program something isn't going as planned.

Somebody suggested the following lineup

Morton
Jenkins
Newman
Gillis
Edey

That lineup would not have a chance of winning a B1G championship or making a run in the tournament. It just wouldn't. This lineup may keep you in the upper half of the B1G just because of Edey but there isn't enough upside potential.

Jenkins can't be counted on as being "the guy". He shot under 40% from the field at both Utah and UNLV, but somehow he's going to find his stroke at Purdue and start for a B1G contender? I'm convinced Morton will just be a steady contributor but never a scorer. Same with Gillis. I think Morton may start because he may be our best option at the point and both Jenkins and Gillis should play a lot but I'm not sure any of them are ready to be key threats on offense,

I'm not saying the lineup Poprudy posted would win the B1G either but at least if things went our way there would be a chance.

Vince started at the 3 for the first 7 games of the 2016-2017 season. Shot 41% from the floor and averaged 10 ppg. After the first 7 games he shot 50% from the floor and averaged 13 ppg.

Brian has answered this question numerous times on KHC. When talking with the coaches and players they rave about Waddell's athletic ability and defensive instinct. I'm in the believe it when I see it boat, but he's been compared to Franz Wagner.

Sasha is a lot quicker than Kaufman. Can you imagine Kaufman chasing shooters through screens? Ron Harper was Rutgers' 4 last year, and was torching Furst and Gillis. Morton came in to defend him the second half of the game. Players like Harper are exactly the reason Furst/Gillis/Kaufman shouldn't be guarding the 3. Opposing 4s that were versatile killed us all year long.

Waddel is 6'8" 195 lbs. Harper went unconscious from 3 because our 4s were too slow to guard him out there. There's a reason we switched 6'7" 200 lbs Ethan Morton onto him.
Vince and Biggie started every game in 2015-2016 along with either Hass or Hammons. Ray D started every game at the 2 and PJ and Hill split starts at the point. So yes, Vince did start an entire season at the 3 and averaged 11 points per game (second on the team). Team ended up ranked 12th in final AP Poll.

Just saying Painter has played bigger lineups in the past.

Reactions: johnboiler123
This lineup may not be the safest play but it may have the highest ceiling. Granted I've never seen TKR play, but I haven't seen any of the freshman or Jenkins play either. Based on his recruiting class rankings and who was recruiting him, I'm hoping TKR's going to be the real deal. If your a top 50 guy and not starting your second year in the program something isn't going as planned.

Somebody suggested the following lineup

Morton
Jenkins
Newman
Gillis
Edey

That lineup would not have a chance of winning a B1G championship or making a run in the tournament. It just wouldn't. This lineup may keep you in the upper half of the B1G just because of Edey but there isn't enough upside potential.

Jenkins can't be counted on as being "the guy". He shot under 40% from the field at both Utah and UNLV, but somehow he's going to find his stroke at Purdue and start for a B1G contender? I'm convinced Morton will just be a steady contributor but never a scorer. Same with Gillis. I think Morton may start because he may be our best option at the point and both Jenkins and Gillis should play a lot but I'm not sure any of them are ready to be key threats on offense,

I'm not saying the lineup Poprudy posted would win the B1G either but at least if things went our way there would be a chance.
I essentially thought that lineup could potentially have the highest ceiling. Man, I would think TKR and Furst would be very hard to keep off the court for long periods of time. Furst would be tough to guard at the 4-5. He's pretty quick for a 4-5 and can shoot deep. Hopefully, he has figured out where to be on defense. He seemed to get confused last year, but he was a true freshman.

Reactions: SCBoiler1
Oh boy, I have been discovered! I must be the IU fan in disguess, right? Anyone who knows my posting knows I don't troll either board. You must be feeling a bit guilty to lash out like this.

It's fun to think I've got under your skin so much. Wow, triggered! Living right in your head, free of charge!

By the way, this post is exhibit # 1. Thanks for giving all of us a really good view of your perspective and intentions. Beyond this, I don't think I can or will add more to your steaming pile.

Since I am an IU fan, second to Purdue, I do visit their board. In general there is pretty good basketball discussions on there but are very homer oriented, much like ours. Yes, there are a few more idiots that over here, but tolerable. The thread that caught my attention is one predicting a BIG title. According to the fans, IU is the most experienced team in the BIG. I've not fact checked that but I suspect there is some truth in it. Of course, the experienced players could hardly get by the play-in game for the NCAA.

Let's not go down the rabid hate-IU path here. Instead, let's have a rational and reasonable discussion. Evidently some of Michigan's key palyers are staying in the draft. How does Illinios look this year? How about the ever dangerous MSU? I've lost track of who is coming and going because of the COVID nonsense. How does IU look this year with TJD and Race coming back?
Anyone can see your post in the "IU to Win BIG Title" thread dated June 14, 2022. Now go put on your red clown pants toxic math-fanboi.

I mean it's like you didn't even watch Purdue last year. Ivey was a turnover machine. IT had no issue bringing the ball up against pressure.

There weren't many solid defenders on the team last year and that continues to be the case this year. Nice attempt at moving the goalposts though.
If IT were such a solid player (good ball handler, good shooter, great Asst/TO ratio, etc), you would think those skills would be highly sought after in the transfer market? But, the only schools IT was getting attention from were non-P5 or lower level D1. Thus, he ends up at FGCU.
Why do you think that would be?

If IT were such a solid player (good ball handler, good shooter, great Asst/TO ratio, etc), you would think those skills would be highly sought after in the transfer market? But, the only schools IT was getting attention from were non-P5 or lower level D1. Thus, he ends up at FGCU.
Why do you think that would be?
He had an offer from Minnesota when he committed to FGCU. Is Minnesota P5? Last time I looked they were, but maybe that’s changed recently.

He committed to FGCU on his visit there. He was scheduled to visit Minnesota the following weekend.
The same Minny team predicted to be at the bottom of the conference?

Look, I'm not gonna pile on IT. But you continuing to argue how solid of a B1G player he was is kind of moronic given his performance the first couple of years and how he declined last year.

The same Minny team predicted to be at the bottom of the conference?

Look, I'm not gonna pile on IT. But you continuing to argue how solid of a B1G player he was is kind of moronic given his performance the first couple of years and how he declined last year.
Have you been following the conversation? @bonefish1 said he wasn’t getting attention from any P5 schools. I proved that wrong.

And you keep making yourself look dumber...
Go compare IT’s stats to Ryan Cline’s first 3 years. You are the one who said suggesting IT was Big Ten level is a moronic statement given his performance in his first 3 years. That means you think Ryan Cline wasn’t Big Ten level either.

Go compare IT’s stats to Ryan Cline’s first 3 years. You are the one who said suggesting IT was Big Ten level is a moronic statement given his performance in his first 3 years. That means you think Ryan Cline wasn’t Big Ten level either.

^^^ Idiot that argues about anything just to prove someone wrong...

^^^ Idiot that argues about anything just to prove someone wrong...
About anything? I’ve defended Painter and our players.

For example, I wouldn’t argue for either you or Bonefish in a debate about which one of you hates Painter more.

Maybe just stop hating on one of the most successful college basketball coaches in the country and you won’t get responses.

For example, I wouldn’t argue for either you or Bonefish in a debate about which one of you hates Painter more.

Maybe just stop hating on one of the most successful college basketball coaches in the country and you won’t get responses.

^^^ Accuses anyone he disagrees with of hating Painter.

Here's a tip for you. People MIGHT like you more if you don't constantly attempt to act smarter than them...

Reactions: bonefish1
^^^ Accuses anyone he disagrees with of hating Painter.

Here's a tip for you. People MIGHT like you more if you don't constantly attempt to act smarter than them...
Here’s a tip for you. The only people who don’t like me here are the ones who constantly hate on Painter and our players.

However, being smarter than you isn’t an act.

This gets tiresome. Here is a simple fact: any player that starts for.any P5 team is a P5 player. Any player that starts for a P5 team with a winning record and several NCAA invitations is a pretty good P5 player. Was he the weakest player on the team? Maybe. But he was a P5 player, period. I’ve yet to see anyone show a comparison of statistics to all the other guards at all the other P5 teams, but I bet he is not last, and probably not in the bottom std dev.

This gets tiresome. Here is a simple fact: any player that starts for.any P5 team is a P5 player. Any player that starts for a P5 team with a winning record and several NCAA invitations is a pretty good P5 player. Was he the weakest player on the team? Maybe. But he was a P5 player, period. I’ve yet to see anyone show a comparison of statistics to all the other guards at all the other P5 teams, but I bet he is not last, and probably not in the bottom std dev.

My point is why you would go out of your way to defend someone who wasn't that great and decided to transfer away from Purdue. Who gives a shit whether he should or shouldn't have been a P5 player. He gone...

Are you afraid to say anything critical about Painter or a player because you think they might read this forum?

My point is why you would go out of your way to defend someone who wasn't that great and decided to transfer away from Purdue. Who gives a shit whether he should or shouldn't have been a P5 player. He gone...
Flip side to your statement is why keep bringing him up (not you specifically, just a general statement)? He's moved on, we all should as well.

This is another one of those circular arguments that goes on here where neither side is going to change the other's opinion.

Everyone just needs to crack a beer and move out smartly :)

But Purdue needs talent to compete in this era. They’re going to be left behind otherwise.
Lol Purdue will be fine as always. Myles Colvin is way better than DGL.

Illinois should worry about getting to their first sweet 16 since 2005 before they start worrying about anyone else.

Reactions: mathboy
Lol Purdue will be fine as always. Myles Colvin is way better than DGL.

Illinois should worry about getting to their first sweet 16 since 2005 before they start worrying about anyone else.
Weird flex considering Purdue was the preseason conference favorite and ranked #1 mid-season, and ended up finishing 3rd and losing to St Peters?

Reactions: EngineerGrad
Weird flex considering Purdue was the preseason conference favorite and ranked #1 mid-season, and ended up finishing 3rd and losing to St Peters?
We lost to St Peters in a round your team hasn’t been to in almost 20 years.

Weird for you to be here talking crap when your program hasn’t accomplished much of anything in almost 20 years. Let’s see how Underwood does without Kofi.

Reactions: joseole101
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT