ADVERTISEMENT

Drayvn Gibbs Lawhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather have all 3 of them. That would be one hell of a class. Isn’t going to happen. The way Purdue wins MBB NCs is stacking classes of athletic, smart, high-level recruits.
I would rather have all 3 too. That's a no-brainer. I think Painter can get a good guard in that class to go along with Colvin.

I wouldn’t tell you anything. I mean at 6’3” and 200 lbs, you are definitely the biggest keyboard warrior here.
Well, you act like you’re the smartest poster on this board - just ask you. At my size, I’m not close to being the biggest keyboard warrior on here. How big are you (little fella)? You never seem to let me forget my size.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Well, you act like you’re the smartest poster on this board - just ask you. At my size, I’m not close to being the biggest keyboard warrior on here. How big are you (little fella)? You never seem to let me forget my size.
Never seem to let you forget? That’s been a topic 1 time which was on Friday night when you were drunkenly telling everyone how big you were. Classic keyboard warrior.

The only other time we’ve even interacted was on LIV Golf, and that’s playing out exactly how I predicted.

As did my size, I already told you Friday I’m 4’5” 98lbs.

As for your original post here, I actually agree that the only way we are going to win a championship is stacking multiple classes of high level recruits. We disagree on what the definition of a high level recruit is though.

Never seem to let you forget? That’s been a topic 1 time which was on Friday night when you were drunkenly telling everyone how big you were. Classic keyboard warrior.

The only other time we’ve even interacted was on LIV Golf, and that’s playing out exactly how I predicted.

As did my size, I already told you Friday I’m 4’5” 98lbs.

As for your original post here, I actually agree that the only way we are going to win a championship is stacking multiple classes of high level recruits. We disagree on what the definition of a high level recruit is though.
I knew it. You have a Napoleon complex. 😏

So DGL is not a high-level recruit at PG - at least for Purdue? So X is not a high-level recruit?

If not, what the hell is?

I knew it. You have a Napoleon complex. 😏

So DGL is not a high-level recruit at PG - at least for Purdue? So X is not a high-level recruit?

If not, what the hell is?
I didn’t say they weren’t? I would have been very happy with both of them. Unfortunately that’s not going to work out. That doesn’t mean we don’t get high level recruits here capable of making a deep run.

Hey wait. I thought he was mocking my name? What the heck?

In any case, I’ve seen his posting crap before and just don’t think he adds much. Not worth being triggered, or even responding.
Sadly this forum has devolved in to things like you mention here more times than not and hence why I have spent most of my time elsewhere.

Our fan base as a whole has gotten a tad more toxic lately, but flip side is everyone has the right to post what they want, well, within reason of course. I guess my point is to pile on to yours, we all have the right to our opinions and not a one of them is "wrong" as it were.

What also amazes me is how we seem to have the same circular arguments and I've been guilty of that too in the past. I think it is safe to say that nothing said on here is going to change any opposing views if it hasn't already... And I guarantee Painter doesn't care what we think nor should he.

Rambling aside, it's too bad this forum has veered from what it once was when it started a long time ago. Personally I think it all started to dwindle when the mass exodus happened years ago.

Xavier Booker went from 6 to 59? Lol these rankings are so jacked up!
Colvin should be a top 50 kid.
Different rating services = different ratings. Rivals has him as their #1 overall kid in the class. They have only released top 15-25 or so. Assuming the full list will be out by end of the week

Sadly this forum has devolved in to things like you mention here more times than not and hence why I have spent most of my time elsewhere.

Our fan base as a whole has gotten a tad more toxic lately, but flip side is everyone has the right to post what they want, well, within reason of course. I guess my point is to pile on to yours, we all have the right to our opinions and not a one of them is "wrong" as it were.

What also amazes me is how we seem to have the same circular arguments and I've been guilty of that too in the past. I think it is safe to say that nothing said on here is going to change any opposing views if it hasn't already... And I guarantee Painter doesn't care what we think nor should he.

Rambling aside, it's too bad this forum has veered from what it once was when it started a long time ago. Personally I think it all started to dwindle when the mass exodus happened years ago.
Couldn't agree more. Board just isn't the same. It's free, so not really much to complain about, but selfishly I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Too many threads end up with the same few guys arguing in circles.

I suspect that once the games start, this forum will get more focused. Right now it is all speculation about what is “going to be”. People are arguing about each others’ speculation as though it were entirely false or entirely true. “You are too optimistic” or “You are to much a pessimist”. Then the weaker posters start calling names. Ugh. I also suspect we might have an IU fan floating around here disguised as a Purdue fan, just spreading discord.

I still read this forum, but I am discriminating in which threads I respond.

:cool:

I know and I was pointing out where the confusion comes from.
There is a whole lot of confusion when it comes to player rankings lol. I just thought it was funny to see rivals rank Booker in the top 3 or whatever when he was barely a top 75/100 guy before the aau season….then 247 comes out with their rankings and he drops to the 50s so talk about a crab shoot. I try not to pay much attention to kids rankings until they are actual seniors in high school because anything before that is just a guessing game in my eyes but I do believe Mr. Colvin is a star in the making and is going to continue to move up!

There is a whole lot of confusion when it comes to player rankings lol. I just thought it was funny to see rivals rank Booker in the top 3 or whatever when he was barely a top 75/100 guy before the aau season….then 247 comes out with their rankings and he drops to the 50s so talk about a crab shoot. I try not to pay much attention to kids rankings until they are actual seniors in high school because anything before that is just a guessing game in my eyes but I do believe Mr. Colvin is a star in the making and is going to continue to move up!
Booker is ranked 6th by 247. He is ranked 58th in the 247 composite which is an average of all recruiting services. He is low on the composite because ESPN has him outside the top 100 currently.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I suspect that once the games start, this forum will get more focused. Right now it is all speculation about what is “going to be”. People are arguing about each others’ speculation as though it were entirely false or entirely true. “You are too optimistic” or “You are to much a pessimist”. Then the weaker posters start calling names. Ugh. I also suspect we might have an IU fan floating around here disguised as a Purdue fan, just spreading discord.

I still read this forum, but I am discriminating in which threads I respond.

:cool:
This is the way.

We'll see the same circular arguments this basketball season and the next and so on until Painter retires. That's okay though, makes some things predictable but some take it too personally (which I have done as well, I admit it) and usually the same people.

I do think you are correct that that there are IU fans posing as Purdue fans just to stir up things. The hot button topics are all well known so is rather easy to do, just mention thins like zone and watch heads explode.

This is the way.

We'll see the same circular arguments this basketball season and the next and so on until Painter retires. That's okay though, makes some things predictable but some take it too personally (which I have done as well, I admit it) and usually the same people.

I do think you are correct that that there are IU fans posing as Purdue fans just to stir up things. The hot button topics are all well known so is rather easy to do, just mention thins like zone and watch heads explode.

Why do you continually bash Painter for not playing zone defense? You're just part of the Painter Hater Club.

There. Didn't want you to be left out of the "club".... :D

Why do you continually bash Painter for not playing zone defense? You're just part of the Painter Hater Club.

There. Didn't want you to be left out of the "club".... :D
Since I am an IU fan, second to Purdue, I do visit their board. In general there is pretty good basketball discussions on there but are very homer oriented, much like ours. Yes, there are a few more idiots that over here, but tolerable. The thread that caught my attention is one predicting a BIG title. According to the fans, IU is the most experienced team in the BIG. I've not fact checked that but I suspect there is some truth in it. Of course, the experienced players could hardly get by the play-in game for the NCAA.

Let's not go down the rabid hate-IU path here. Instead, let's have a rational and reasonable discussion. Evidently some of Michigan's key palyers are staying in the draft. How does Illinios look this year? How about the ever dangerous MSU? I've lost track of who is coming and going because of the COVID nonsense. How does IU look this year with TJD and Race coming back?
I want to join the "math-fanboi" club. Painter is a great coach, a great recruiter, and has been to multiple FF's(well, ONLY bad luck has prevented that, or he would have so let's count it). Am I in? The most galling thing about some of these math-fanboi types who accuse some posters on this board of being "IU Fans" is that they are admitted IU Fans! That's an oceans worth of "dripping with irony". If you don't drink the Painter Kool-aid you are a "troll", an "IU Fan", "Not a Real Purdue fan", "you're a reincarnation of some previous poster", or "you're a Painter Hater", etc. I can't even imagine what goes on in their paranoid pea brains. In another post someone labeled the one who goes by the name "mathboy" as toxic. They don't know how right they were. He/She is toxic, bordering on a sort of GoldandBlack Mccarthyism.

I want to join the "math-fanboi" club. Painter is a great coach, a great recruiter, and has been to multiple FF's(well, ONLY bad luck has prevented that, or he would have so let's count it). Am I in? The most galling thing about some of these math-fanboi types who accuse some posters on this board of being "IU Fans" is that they are admitted IU Fans! That's an oceans worth of "dripping with irony". If you don't drink the Painter Kool-aid you are a "troll", an "IU Fan", "Not a Real Purdue fan", "you're a reincarnation of some previous poster", or "you're a Painter Hater", etc. I can't even imagine what goes on in their paranoid pea brains. In another post someone labeled the one who goes by the name "mathboy" as toxic. They don't know how right they were. He/She is toxic, bordering on a sort of GoldandBlack Mccarthyism.
You don't have to be a Painter guy. Just find it odd when grown men bash recruits that have committed to our program before they hit the floor. Especially, when we all could point fingers at ourself, but tend not to do it.

Reactions: BBG
You joined April 1st and have done nothing but crap on Painter since that time. Do you actually think you are fooling anyone?

Reactions: mathboy
You joined April 1st and have done nothing but crap on Painter since that time. Do you actually think you are fooling anyone?
I've always felt Painter is a good coach(could have been great with the right players) and I bleed black and gold, not crimson and cream like some of the "math-fanboi" types(which some have even admitted). Take your paranoid conspiracy theories somewhere else. Have a blessed day Joe!

You don't have to be a Painter guy. Just find it odd when grown men bash recruits that have committed to our program before they hit the floor. Especially, when we all could point fingers at ourself, but tend not to do it.
What are you even talking about? Who is bashing any players here?

What are you even talking about? Who is bashing any players here?
South Dakota State, UNLV, Utah. I guess beggars can't be choosers! I need some math-fanboi types to spin this so it seems better. your input on Jenkins.

Maybe that's the problem. He forgot to land guards. Your input any guard recruit that does t meet your standard.

What guards that we offered showed “no interest” in playing here?"
All of the ones that didn't come here.

Sounds like every guard recruit we've ever landed besides Ivey and CE. You're the typical ranking a kid by the number guy. Just sit behind that computer watching highlights and determine what kind of player Painter has. Painter coaches Purdue and that ain't changing. You had issues with Keady as well. Just jump ship it's been a rough ride in your eyes.

South Dakota State, UNLV, Utah. I guess beggars can't be choosers! I need some math-fanboi types to spin this so it seems better. your input on Jenkins.

Maybe that's the problem. He forgot to land guards. Your input any guard recruit that does t meet your standard.

What guards that we offered showed “no interest” in playing here?"
All of the ones that didn't come here.

Sounds like every guard recruit we've ever landed besides Ivey and CE. You're the typical ranking a kid by the number guy. Just sit behind that computer watching highlights and determine what kind of player Painter has. Painter coaches Purdue and that ain't changing. You had issues with Keady as well. Just jump ship it's been a rough ride in your eyes.
That's all you got? A transfer from South Dakota State? I don't think Jenkins is a Big Ten level player. Will I support him, hell yes. I hope he kicks ass and contributes. Tenet #5 of the toxic math-fanboi handbook; "if you disagree with a Purdue grad poster tell them to go root for another team". I will agree with you on one thing though, "Painter coaches Purdue and that ain't changing". I don't want it to change and never said he should be fired because in the end he is good enough for Purdue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bonefish1
That's all you got? A transfer from South Dakota State? I don't think Jenkins is a Big Ten level player. Will I support him, hell yes. I hope he kicks ass and contributes. Tenet #5 of the math-fanboi handbook; "if you disagree with a Purdue grad poster tell them to go root for another team". I will agree with you on one thing though, "Painter coaches Purdue and that ain't changing". I don't want it to change and never said he should be fired because in the end he is good enough for Purdue.
Can you give us a list of players on the team that are and are not to your standard?

You said Jenkins isn't a Big Ten level player. I want to figure out which players we have that are and aren't Big Ten level players.
Jenkins isn't a Big Ten level player. He may be a limited role player.

"I want to figure out which players we have that are and aren't Big Ten level players."
Then go figure it out dotard. I'm not going to hold your hand and help you. I'm not going to waste my time helping an addled, conspiracy promoting member of the toxic math-fanboi club.

Jenkins isn't a Big Ten level player. He may be a limited role player.

"I want to figure out which players we have that are and aren't Big Ten level players."
Then go figure it out dotard. I'm not going to hold your hand and help you. I'm not going to waste my time helping an addled, conspiracy promoting member of the toxic math-fanboi club.
Jenkins is probably going to be a starter, not a limited role player. Do you know anything about Purdue basketball?
By the way, every single scholarship player on our team is a Big Ten level player.

Jenkins is probably going to be a starter, not a limited role player. Do you know anything about Purdue basketball?
By the way, every single scholarship player on our team is a Big Ten level player.
He only started 10 games at Utah. He won't be starting at Purdue. He is a backup at Purdue. I hope he makes some positive contributions off the bench which would help an unfortunate situation of not having enough experienced guards.

He only started 10 games at Utah. He won't be starting at Purdue. He is a backup at Purdue. I hope he makes some positive contributions off the bench which would help an unfortunate situation of not having enough experienced guards.
Who do you have as starters?

Almost everyone I’ve seen has the starters as:

Morton
Jenkins
Newman
Gillis
Edey

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT