ADVERTISEMENT

Doyel: 2-hour primetime infomercial roars, 'IU basketball is back.'

Maybe...but, how many times have Doyel or his predecessors written this story over the years? IU played an underachieving team coming off a west coast trip and 4OT game. If IU gets brutalized by Kansas and/or Arizona, will the headline then be, Doyel: 'Nevermind!'?

Wouldn't mind iu being "back" if it wasn't for their arrogant, insufersble, wacked out fanbase. We have got a few too, but these folks have them by the thousands, each one more an intollerable idiot than the next.

IU looks to be good the next 4-5 years. They picked up a couple decent freshmen and TJD will be back to anchor the front line as long as the NIL $$$ keeps flowing. At some point he'll be an eighth year senior. By then he'll be too old to get drafted in the NBA.

Wouldn't mind iu being "back" if it wasn't for their arrogant, insufersble, wacked out fanbase. We have got a few too, but these folks have them by the thousands, each one more an intollerable idiot than the next.
Well, to be fair, IU has thousands more of every type of fan than the Boilers.

Reactions: indyogb
Maybe...but, how many times have Doyel or his predecessors written this story over the years? IU played an underachieving team coming off a west coast trip and 4OT game. If IU gets brutalized by Kansas and/or Arizona, will the headline then be, Doyel: 'Nevermind!'?
It gets so confusing to me. I see a copy of MSU's white out and catch a couple of times fans getting pretty close to the refs to give them hell. The fans are rabid and the crowd very intense. It seemed to me that the game was very important to IU, which would be understandable for most teams in IUs situation. The confusion comes into trying to reconcile what I saw with what I hear about the only thing that matters is the couple of weeks potential play in a selected region and teams...and not the whole journey before. It just looked like that was a VERY important game for IU contradicting what is spoken...

Unfortunately, the UNC game did not turn out to be a really decent test of how good IU is due to the scheduling that UNC had. Yes, IU won. But UNC had issues coming from Portland and the nature of games played there. Kansas and Arizona, both games outside Bloomington, will give a better measure of what to expect from them.

What I do not get is how the UNC/IU game and the Purdue/FSU game were scheduled. It was known that both UNC and Purdue would be coming back from a long trip just prior to those games. It would have made far more sense for the home teams to have been reversed as visitors. That is, of course, unless the plan was to have UNC and Purdue lose (both a hardly surprising outcome given the situation) and thus build up the expected reputations of IU and FSU - and raise their profile for future tv appearances. Unexpectedly, FSU's horrendous start put that part of the potential plan to shreds.

the never ending fascination with iwho is really annoying here.
Not fascinated by IU. I’m fascinated by how the Star always gets out over its skis because it wants so badly for IU to be good that a win over a two-loss UNC team coming off a West Coast tourney and a four-OT game is breathlessly reported…for the umpteenth time…as evidence of IU being back. And, no one forced you to read the post or comment on it, btw.

Reactions: Woodsa
Not fascinated by IU. I’m fascinated by how the Star always gets out over its skis because it wants so badly for IU to be good that a win over a two-loss UNC team coming off a West Coast tourney and a four-OT game is breathlessly reported…for the umpteenth time…as evidence of IU being back. And, no one forced you to read the post or comment on it, btw.
sorry you were butthurt by my observation which wasnt' directed at you personally.

I see the infomercial has ended now that IU has lost to Rutgers and will fall in their rankings.

Still mpressive B10 showing in top 25 right now.

Agree.It is one of the main reasons why I dropped my Star subscription.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
The IUStar is playing the fanbase for subscriptions. They know that the fanbase is ignorant and it is easy to build the hype year after year to keep them subscribed.

To put a brighter spin on it, year after year the IUStar gives the IU fanbase hope in their dreary lives. Especially after ND fails again to make the football national championship series. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: DrEss
ADVERTISEMENT