ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t like either, but was hoping for Dawgs.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Primarily two reasons:
1) Tired of Saban and his National Championships.

2) Jim Chaney Georgia’s O. C. was Purdue’s O. C. During the Tiller Era.

Primarily two reasons:
1) Tired of Saban and his National Championships.

2) Jim Chaney Georgia’s O. C. was Purdue’s O. C. During the Tiller Era.
I think Chaney was way too conservative in his play calling in the second half. They tried to sit on the lead, but when the Tide turned nothing much changed.

Those two tackles for Alabama were too tough for the Dawgs to handle.

Reactions: DG10
Didn’t watch one play of the SEC Championship game Part II...should have never happened imo! Waiting to see the TV ratings on last nights telecast today!
I watched less than a Qtr in partial protest as well. Just score checked and watched the last 4 minutes of the game live along with O.T. Georgia's FR QB Fromm appeared to get tight later in the game, hate to use the word Choke as I didn't see the entire game, but tight and some uncatchable balls and it was a shame they couldn't convert a 1st down to close out the game.

Didn’t watch one play of the SEC Championship game Part II...should have never happened imo! Waiting to see the TV ratings on last nights telecast today!

Any good reasons as to why the game should have never happened? You do realize that the team that people thought shouldn't have made it beat the undisputed #1 team in the country and then the #3 team in the country in back to back weeks.

You also realize that this game could have just as easily been ACC vs. BIG12 right?

Ignorance does not make your opinion right. UCF was not one of the top 4 teams going into the playoff. I think that's undebatable. It's nice that they beat Auburn and all....but beating Auburn at a neutral site in January isn't the same thing as beating them at their place in November in the heat of a conference championship race.

That sounds so familiar. Many Purdue games went down like that.
I only watched primarily at the end. It was hard to tell if it was Chaney or Fromm. Plays were simply not being executed by QB to deliver the ball in catchable zones (behind or bouncers). Some run calls were definitely Chaney, and if Dawgs were having trouble throughout the game, why would you run it into the teeth of the defense putting you in 2nd and 3rd and longs. I saw a lateral throw or two that had not much of a chance either as it was shutdown quickly. Sitting on a 10 point lead and being conservative or lack of play making whichever you prefer to call it, cost the Dawgs.
Got to give Saban some credit for making the switch from Jalen Hurt at halftime to the new QB who was a play maker late in the game. That takes some guts to relieve a 25 win 2 loss (running) QB in the middle of the game. Saban is so good in College FB I can't stand him much like I can't stand Belichick and NE Patriots in NFL. Though I cannot refute that they are winners and find ways to pull out victories when it looks like a loss is certainly staring them down.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Unfortunately, SEC Championship game (Part I or Part II, does not matter) generally equals best teams (and, ideally, game) in college football...last night did not disappoint and lived up to the hype, if not exceeded it. I am confident that the ratings will prove to be satisfactory, and, for those that made the decision that you did for the reason that you did...they simply missed out on watching a great football game with two tremendous Head Coaches and a host of tremendous great players and athletes.

Reactions: pboiler18
I only watched primarily at the end. It was hard to tell if it was Chaney or Fromm. Plays were simply not being executed by QB to deliver the ball in catchable zones (behind or bouncers). Some run calls were definitely Chaney, and if Dawgs were having trouble throughout the game, why would you run it into the teeth of the defense putting you in 2nd and 3rd and longs. I saw a lateral throw or two that had not much of a chance either as it was shutdown quickly. Sitting on a 10 point lead and being conservative or lack of play making whichever you prefer to call it, cost the Dawgs.
Got to give Saban some credit for making the switch from Jalen Hurt at halftime to the new QB who was a play maker late in the game. That takes some guts to relieve a 25 win 2 loss (running) QB in the middle of the game. Saban is so good in College FB I can't stand him much like I can't stand Belichick and NE Patriots in NFL. Though I cannot refute that they are winners and find ways to pull out victories when it looks like a loss is certainly staring them down.
It was a combination for sure of Chaney and Fromm...that said, much like when he was at Purdue, once UGA had the lead and went into the more conservative mode, there was at least a play or two per series that were complete wastes...a play just for the sake of a play, as, they had zero opportunity for success and made no sense at all.

UGA gave the game away...to 'Bama's credit, they gladly took it.

Fromm was excellent all year and in big moments, and, he was good for the better part of last night's game as well against an incredibly good and talented defense and incredibly good coach on the other sideline. He missed a few throws late, but, he also made several...and, he made several tremendous throws during the Rose Bowl win and the early portions of the game last night as well...the kid is very talented, and, has ridiculous composure (as does the 'Bama backup seemingly who came in for Hurst).

Reactions: SKYDOG
http://www.elitefanshop.com/ucf_kni..._KZspzVBYVnI7Tmj1OzWWcC6XclwA2GQaAgZ8EALw_wcB
Any good reasons as to why the game should have never happened? You do realize that the team that people thought shouldn't have made it beat the undisputed #1 team in the country and then the #3 team in the country in back to back weeks.

You also realize that this game could have just as easily been ACC vs. BIG12 right?

Ignorance does not make your opinion right. UCF was not one of the top 4 teams going into the playoff. I think that's undebatable. It's nice that they beat Auburn and all....but beating Auburn at a neutral site in January isn't the same thing as beating them at their place in November in the heat of a conference championship race.
It’s very debatable

Unfortunately, SEC Championship game (Part I or Part II, does not matter) generally equals best teams (and, ideally, game) in college football...last night did not disappoint and lived up to the hype, if not exceeded it. I am confident that the ratings will prove to be satisfactory, and, for those that made the decision that you did for the reason that you did...they simply missed out on watching a great football game with two tremendous Head Coaches and a host of tremendous great players and athletes.

I just don’t agree, if you don’t play in your conference championship game, IMO you don’t deserve to play in the Final Four. I outlined in another thread how Bama gamed the system in another thread, got an extra week off with no injuries since they didn’t play that extra game against a good opponent and they were rewarded for it. Bad for football no matter how good they might have been!

Seems to be contradictory ratings released by ESPN and Nielsens ratings of the same game. While ESPN had it high, Nielsen’s rating showed all the major urban areas, LA, NYC, Chicago and Houston has extremely low ratings. Only the major city of Atlanta showed good ratings and since the game and Georgia are there that made sense! Ratings in the southeast were high, remainder of the country very low according to Nielsen...very low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT