ADVERTISEMENT

Does Rondale Verbal to Us on Saturday?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
This Saturday is the Army All American game. Rondale mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was going to make his decision known during the game. Does he pick up and wear the Purdue hat on Saturday?

I am going to say yes.

Man, I hope this kid lives up to all the hype. Trying to remember the last recruit who was discussed this much around here.

Man, I hope this kid lives up to all the hype. Trying to remember the last recruit who was discussed this much around here.
I have seen him play in person, and I believe he will live up to the hype.

As far as last recruit discussed this much in the recent past, our recruiting has been down for several years. Going back a few years, I would have to say Ray Edwards or Dorien Bryant.

Last edited:
Reactions: delarno
This Saturday is the Army All American game. Rondale mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was going to make his decision known during the game. Does he pick up and wear the Purdue hat on Saturday?

I am going to say yes.

Less than 96 hrs away

I have seen him play in person, and I believe he will leave up to the hype.

As far as last recruit discussed this much in the recent past, our recruiting has been down for several years. Going back a few years, I would have to say Ray Edwards or Dorien Bryant.
There were reports that he was performing well in practice going up against an Ohio State DB recruit this week.

597c85884b759.image.jpg
many years ago Jimmy Smith got a lot of Pub and I think returned a kick off for a TD the first time it was kicked to him. http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_2de91c26-708b-5cd2-b28e-9abdba8d872b.html

On the bright side, we've at least had some modest success with our 4* since the 2010 class, albeit on a limited sample size.
Ryan Watson, Carlos Carvajal, Danny Etling, Gelen Robinson

Watson was serviceable, Robinson ended up being pretty solid. Etling probably would have been solid for us had he not been Shooped. Not sure what Carvajal's deal was. At least none of them committed a felony that I know of.

That article brings back bad memories of the 2005 and 2006 seasons...

Not sure if "like" is the proper response, but ya, that 2005 class (and with it, the 2006, 2007, and 2008 seasons) were real headaches. Kind of reminds me of the high-profile recruits that Sharron Versyp lost when she took over and how the women's program took a nose-dive three years later.

Reactions: purduepat1969
On the bright side, we've at least had some modest success with our 4* since the 2010 class, albeit on a limited sample size.
Ryan Watson, Carlos Carvajal, Danny Etling, Gelen Robinson

Watson was serviceable, Robinson ended up being pretty solid. Etling probably would have been solid for us had he not been Shooped. Not sure what Carvajal's deal was. At least none of them committed a felony that I know of.
I wonder how good Watson would have been had he played for this staff instead of during the Hope/Hazell years. He was a solid player.

I wonder how good Watson would have been had he played for this staff instead of during the Hope/Hazell years. He was a solid player.

I think any of these players being mentioned would have played very well for Danny Hope. Danny Hope was a victim of the cost cutting by the AD and could not field a staff of assistants that fit the level of B10 coaches. His OC was actually pretty good and molded the offense around the abilities of the players. Improvements in the staff responsible for technique and fitness would have given them more flexibility leading to improvements in the running game. That would have helped Purdue close out games against big time programs like OSU and ND that were lost after having nice leads into the second half. That same flexibility could have applied to the defense as well and Purdue would have been in better bowl games. For those reasons, I always separate the Hazel years from the Hope years.

I remember endless posts about James Banks, who ended up going to Tennessee and essentially being a bust there.

Reactions: pboiler18
597c85884b759.image.jpg

many years ago Jimmy Smith got a lot of Pub and I think returned a kick off for a TD the first time it was kicked to him. http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_2de91c26-708b-5cd2-b28e-9abdba8d872b.html
I was at the game....pretty sure it was against Stanford. First time he touched the ball was on a kickoff and he returned it for a TD. Lived on my floor at Tarkington. One of my good friends was a second string linebacker for Purdue and he said trying to tackle Smith was like trying to tackle a ghost. Too bad his talent went to waste.

Steve Wiltfong, 247Sports Director of Recruiting says Moore to Purdue according to this article "Army Bowl at midweek: 5 things I know, 5 things I need to know". Under #4 of the things he knows.

I know these things are just for fun, but they are usually pretty accurate. I'm very hopeful and I can't wait...

https://247sports.com/Article/Colle...t-four-days-of-Army-Bowl-action-113141486/Amp

Steve has a pretty good track record. Hope his streak continues!

Everybody, please relax..... it's a done deal.....

The thing that most comforts me here and inclines me to believe that b2288 is correct is this:
Supposedly high profile programs have jumped in of late muddying the waters. Maybe he has a better offer in hand he intends to accept, huh? He will be making an announcement very soon and which of those schools has he visited? We seem to have folks monitoring everything (our) Mr Moore puts out and I have heard nothing about him visiting anyone recently. Have I missed something? I doubt he would be accepting an offer without visiting a school that has only recently started recruiting him thus has not made a visit to in the past. Thinking this allows me to sleep soundly at night (somewhat TIC).

ADVERTISEMENT