ADVERTISEMENT

Doerue in the portal...2 years of eligibility as a grad transfer.

Everyone deserves a fresh start, at least he played here for 4yrs before deciding to transfer compared to the rest of the country wanting to jump ship after year one or two. Hopefully he got/gets his degree before leaving! Wish him luck.

I believe with all that has happened in his life, it’s not a matter of quitting because of Mockabee but rather wanting to play somewhere closer to home.

Reactions: pboiler18
I believe with all that has happened in his life, it’s not a matter of quitting because of Mockabee but rather wanting to play somewhere closer to home.
we also have to bolster up the RB position, Mock isn't the biggest guy and having all our eggs in one basket isn't a good situation

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
we also have to bolster up the RB position, Mock isn't the biggest guy and having all our eggs in one basket isn't a good situation
I’ll agree with that. Mock is not the second coming of Alstott where the defender is the guy that gets injured trying to tackle him. Mock is not a tank.

We definitely need some type of increased depth at RB.

The question is do we find that depth via adding a walk on, transfer or another hs scholarship.

Last year we added a RB via transfer. He didn’t do much, but he did provide insurance.

Stange is a potential walk on from Wisconsin. However, he would be a freshman and he’s also not very big.

I’m confident we’ll find someone

"Mock is not the second coming of Alstott where the defender is the guy that gets injured trying to tackle him. "

I"m sure I saw him break some ankles.

Sorry to see King go, I thought he was a feature back 2 or 3 years ago.

He used his talents to get a scholarship and play for a division 1 team. He now has a degree from Purdue which is something to be proud of. He can now continue his football career or go out into world. It’s a win win situation!

I know a couple of college track stars. One used his scholarship, got a degree and is now a division 1 track coach. The other concentrated more on his sport and is now power washing houses!

ADVERTISEMENT