ADVERTISEMENT

Do we see Burton on Saturday for the first time this year?

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
It sounds like Brohm was considering putting Burton in the last game from the quote below. He made that statement with AOC/Plummer in the Northwestern game post conference and whether Plummer was considered being put in that game. I know AOC is hurt now, so it is different circumstances, but we did see Plummer start in Minnesota. I am hoping that we will get a chance to see what Burton can do, especially if we start the IU game like we started the Nebraska game.

Brohm said after Saturday’s game he did give thought to switching quarterbacks, inserting No. 2 man Austin Burton for starter Jack Plummer. While Plummer has some elusiveness, the Husker pressure was getting to him at times. Burton may be better equipped to deal with duress from a pass rush. He also perhaps could bolster an often-neglected rushing attack. Could the UCLA grad transfer season see his first action as a Boilermaker on Saturday?

“Well, I wouldn't do it just based on the rushing attack,” said Brohm. “I think Austin has done a good job. Anything to get us momentum, we want to do, and yeah, it's definitely not out of the realm to play two quarterbacks in the next game.”

He'd be a complete unknown to the IU defense, as he is to us! Perhaps if they react as Purdue reacts to unknown lower-string quarterbacks, we'd easily win the game.

Reactions: DAG10 and ChuckJr
I watched the highlights of Burton against Oregon State. Certainly more zip on the ball than either AOC or JP, and a faster runner. If he does put him in, I just hope its not too late. Wouldn't mind seeing him come in for the 2nd series regardless.

Reactions: Boiler8285
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT