ADVERTISEMENT

Disturbing news

WinterBoiler

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2022
My father (Purdue class ‘71) just told me that he actually wants Michigan to win tomorrow. He thinks if we win, then Michigan will get booted from the CFP, can’t win the national championship and “stick it to the SEC.”

Regardless of context, the fact that my father just openly admitted that he wants Purdue to lose??? WTF I’m kind of heartbroken. I told him that attitude is pathetic, he’s no longer a Boiler in my eyes, and our Purdue sports discussions are over.

Too harsh? Anybody else actually want us to lose?? WTF

I prefer being realistic and not giving people false hopes. I’m tired of athletic directors , coaches GMs and politicians!

Do we have a chance
? No

Should the packers play to beat th
bears? Not if they were smart

My father (Purdue class ‘71) just told me that he actually wants Michigan to win tomorrow. He thinks if we win, then Michigan will get booted from the CFP, can’t win the national championship and “stick it to the SEC.”

Regardless of context, the fact that my father just openly admitted that he wants Purdue to lose??? WTF I’m kind of heartbroken. I told him that attitude is pathetic, he’s no longer a Boiler in my eyes, and our Purdue sports discussions are over.

Michigan could lose by 40 and they are still in the playoff. Its one of the reasons actually that Purdue has a real chance. We're banged up man and then coming off that insane game last week with another playoff a near certainty. Its going to be there for Purdue. Will they take it is the question?

Reactions: PurdueGirl85
UM probably comes into the game confident. I wouldn’t mind seeing them March down the field for a quick score. Let them get over confident, then watch the Spoilermakers rise up to take down the Goliath. Keep it close for as long as you can Boilers.

Tell him he's one more comment away from going in a home.

Then why even play games?

I expect us to win. If not, I won't be disappointed if the team gives it its all.
The ONLY reason we play the games and the real reason they created the game is for the $$$$$$$$$$$ it generates! If they could generate the same amount of revenue without playing the game, they would.

The other reason they play the game is because mich and OSU lost a bunch of Bowl games because of the gap of days between their last game and their bowl game. So the big 10 decided they needed a meaningless game as a tune up.

It’s time you wake up to the reality!

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
The ONLY reason we play the games and the real reason they created the game is for the $$$$$$$$$$$ it generates! If they could generate the same amount of revenue without playing the game, they would.

The other reason they play the game is because mich and OSU lost a bunch of Bowl games because of the gap of days between their last game and their bowl game. So the big 10 decided they needed a meaningless game as a tune up.

Man you are a cynical dude. I get that you are rarely happy about anything Purdue but man, lighten up and enjoy some things!

Reactions: JeffBoiler

Sure, this game is about money for the Big 10 and also to be on par with the other conferences also having a title game. So what? As fans we can enjoy it. If it wasn't for the two divisions and the title game, we'd have to wait until the last week of December to see Purdue play again. Moreover, no one would even talking about Purdue at this time.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I prefer being realistic and not giving people false hopes. I’m tired of athletic directors , coaches GMs and politicians!

Do we have a chance
? No

Should the packers play to beat th
bears? Not if they were smart

And this is exactly why people here don't take you seriously...

Not going to happen. Even if Purdue beats Michigan, the Boilers are likely ranked at 9-4, which is definitely not enough to knock a 12-1 Michigan out of the playoffs
Probably not, but Michigan has only beaten two ranked teams.

Reactions: Cthreepo
Man you are a cynical dude. I get that you are rarely happy about anything Purdue but man, lighten up and enjoy some things!
I'm tired of the public being lied to! I've always been tired of homers who give people false hope. It comes from being a brewers fan.

And this is exactly why people here don't take you seriously...
I was right ! I'm sorry you never realize it. Perhaps in the future you'd start listening to me. we had zero chance of winning. and even if we came close, the BIG 10 refs would ensure we lost.

• Sad
Reactions: Inspector100

Sounds like it's probably a little bit late in the going, but have you ever considered putting yourself up for adoption?

Not true. There is no drop off between Corum and Edwards. In fact, Corum will likely have a mediocre NFL career, while Edwards has potential to be an impact player.
As a Michigan fan, I would say there's a pretty big drop-off. Other than straight line speed and receiving ability, Corum is better than Edwards at everything by FAR. It's most evident from Corum's burst, power, vision, and his ability to micro-cut under/around defenders in tight spaces, which I think will be really missed for the NC game vs UGA if we're lucky enough to make it there.

Edwards definitely closed the gap a bit last night, but the difference is still very evident in 90% of running plays where Edwards doesn't get a ton of room to show off his speed. You are definitely correct that Edwards will likely be a better NFL prospect though.

As a Michigan fan, I would say there's a pretty big drop-off. Other than straight line speed and receiving ability, Corum is better than Edwards at everything by FAR. It's most evident from Corum's burst, power, vision, and his ability to micro-cut under/around defenders in tight spaces, which I think will be really missed for the NC game vs UGA if we're lucky enough to make it there.

Edwards definitely closed the gap a bit last night, but the difference is still very evident in 90% of running plays where Edwards doesn't get a ton of room to show off his speed. You are definitely correct that Edwards will likely be a better NFL prospect though.
I think your (UM) running game is fine regardless of which back is running. I think that any team with fast receivers and fast DB’s is going to shut you down, and run your defensive backfield ragged. From here on out, I will be cheering for any BIG team in bowls, including UM. However, I don’t hold much hope for a win after watching Purdue chew up your team last night. The score is not indicative of the relative equal level of play on the field. I think you will get your asses kicked against Georgia.

:cool:

Reactions: PurdueSteve
I think your (UM) running game is fine regardless of which back is running. I think that any team with fast receivers and fast DB’s is going to shut you down, and run your defensive backfield ragged. From here on out, I will be cheering for any BIG team in bowls, including UM. However, I don’t hold much hope for a win after watching Purdue chew up your team last night. The score is not indicative of the relative equal level of play on the field. I think you will get your asses kicked against Georgia.

:cool:
I sure hope so, go Dawgs.

The Georgia Bagmen look to be the team to beat again this year. That said it will be intriguing to see how Edwards is used in the NFL. Edwards greatest asset has not been used lately(pass catching) because of the hand injury. His ability to not just be fast but be an instinctive route runner is what makes him truly dangerous. We are not talking about a receiver snagging screens or flat passes. Edwards is most dangerous the deeper is route is. At the college level linebackers and safeties are completely overmatched.

ADVERTISEMENT