ADVERTISEMENT

Discipline

lbodel

All-American
Jul 15, 2006
After Brohm made such a big deal about curtailing penalties and punishing players for them. From Purdue's own website:

It happened twice against Missouri. The first on center Kirk Barron late in the first quarter, but he never left the game. The other, like previous weeks, came on fourth down late in the game. Tackle Lorenzo Neal was called for roughing the passer and sent to the sideline for a play before he returned.

So two personal foul penalties - 1 total play missed. Tough punishment.

Maybe it was a criteria for selecting his captains this year- willingness and enthusiasm for dumb penalties.

I'm really going to be blown if David gets one

After Brohm made such a big deal about curtailing penalties and punishing players for them. From Purdue's own website:

It happened twice against Missouri. The first on center Kirk Barron late in the first quarter, but he never left the game. The other, like previous weeks, came on fourth down late in the game. Tackle Lorenzo Neal was called for roughing the passer and sent to the sideline for a play before he returned.

Neal was out only 1 play? I could have sworn it was more.

Thanks for the share and agree that it is a minor slap

How about 2 holding calls in the 1st few minutes and running on to the field late.

I was watching at a buddies house and the streaming cut out momentarily on the play Barren received the penalty. What happened? I never got a chance to see it because the stream came back on as they were talking about it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Neal was out only 1 play? I could have sworn it was more.

Just going back to look, it seems he sat for the rest of the quarter: 7 snaps. He was back in for the 4th & 1 to start the 4th quarter.

I was watching at a buddies house and the streaming cut out momentarily on the play Barren received the penalty. What happened? I never got a chance to see it because the stream came back on as they were talking about it.

It wasn't shown on the broadcast, but it must have been after the play. There was a whistle to stop the play, and then about 3 seconds later a couple of whistles can be heard & the flag indicator at the bottom of the screen popped up.

I kept waiting for distinguished Ohio State alum Glen Mason to explain and analyze the penalty on Barron but he never did.

The lack of discipline shown in the first three games is a gigantic disappointment. I realize Brohm coaches "streetfight between the whistles" but this exhibition has been embarrassing and costly.

Just going back to look, it seems he sat for the rest of the quarter: 7 snaps. He was back in for the 4th & 1 to start the 4th quarter.

It wasn't shown on the broadcast, but it must have been after the play. There was a whistle to stop the play, and then about 3 seconds later a couple of whistles can be heard & the flag indicator at the bottom of the screen popped up.
I appreciate the info. Like I said I was in the dark on that. I could hardly believe it when I heard that Barron was called for a PF.

ADVERTISEMENT