ADVERTISEMENT

David Jenkins jr. PG

Where did I say that?
Why else would you continue to say the Utah year was a fluke and keep mentioning what he did his other 3 years at lower levels?

I’ve said his numbers will be similar to his Utah year and you continue to tell me I’m wrong. Since I think he will be around 8.5 ppg, you must think he’s in the 12-15 range since you continue to argue.

If David can score 8 ppg he will do better than Gillis, Furst, IT, and several others last year. I think that would be a great addition to the team, right? If he can score closer to 12-15 ppg like he did before playing for that losing team, that’s even better! Sounds like a great player to add to the team to me.

Why are there so many negative comments? Averaging 8 ppg is better than most of the starters not named Edey or Ivey.

:cool:

If David can score 8 ppg he will do better than Gillis, Furst, IT, and several others last year. I think that would be a great addition to the team, right? If he can score closer to 12-15 ppg like he did before playing for that losing team, that’s even better! Sounds like a great player to add to the team to me.

Why are there so many negative comments? Averaging 8 ppg is better than most of the starters not named Edey or Ivey.

Because that’s what the Knuckleheads do. 😉

This rational doesn't work because even really bad teams score a lot of points and given teams are made up of individuals somebody has to score those points.

For example Nebraska scored 73 points per game last year and was last in the B1G (Purdue 79). Like Purdue, Nebraska had 4 guys score 8 or more points. Do you really believe all 4 of these guys would have scored 8 points per game if they played for Purdue? Given Nebraska's results my guess is 1 or 2 wouldn't even have played and if they did their role would have been similar to that of Morton, IT or Newman.

Bottom line if Purdue isn't an above average team and some of the other guards can't step it up, I can see Jenkins scoring 8 to 10 points per game. However, given his history if he is our #2 or #3 scoring option we're not going to be competing for a B1G championship.

Averaging 8 ppg would be fine. However, averaging 8 ppg while being very inefficient is not fine. He’s been very inefficient in both of his last two stops.

As I’ve said, he will make for solid depth at the guard spot, but this doesn’t move the needle for us.

Reactions: mathboy
Averaging 8 ppg would be fine. However, averaging 8 ppg while being very inefficient is not fine. He’s been very inefficient in both of his last two stops.

As I’ve said, he will make for solid depth at the guard spot, but this doesn’t move the needle for us.
You have no idea how this is going to play out this season or how Jenkins is going to do but I’m sure you’ll be the first on here to say “I told you so” if he doesn’t perform to your expectations.

You’ve done nothing but crap on this guy ever since it was stated that Painter was pursuing him.

Instead of constantly ripping on the player maybe you should express your concerns directly to Painter and ask him “What the hell are you thinking, Matt?”

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
You have no idea how this is going to play out this season or how Jenkins is going to do but I’m sure you’ll be the first on here to say “I told you so” if he doesn’t perform to your expectations.

You’ve done nothing but crap on this guy ever since it was stated that Painter was pursuing him.

Instead of constantly ripping on the player maybe you should express your concerns directly to Painter and ask him “What the hell are you thinking, Matt?”
Just like I’m sure you will be the first here to say “I told you so” if you are proven correct.

I’m certainly not the only one questioning this guy. The lead writer on this site has stated multiple times that he doesn’t address the biggest weakness heading into the off-season. Brian also predicts he won’t start. Seems pretty in line with what my thoughts are.

I would love to see that happen. For those that seem to think they know better than the head coach, why aren't the on the phone with him right now? Do they not care about the program? They should stop settling and pick up the phone.

Actually I do! Look at what Kaufman did in high school. He was recruited because of his offensive skills! Rather than glorify some mediocre senior and say he could be a nice addition who can shoot and score, How about we give the ball to others who have factually proven they can do the same? Didn’t we also sign a Gatorade 3 point champion? How about we let him shoot instead? His factual percentage of being able to make threes is documented! And as for starting and playing freshmen over seniors, take a look around! Championship teams start and play freshmen every year over more experienced seniors! And as for facts, many of Purdue’s walk ons have proven to be better than their scholarship players! I believe it’s time our walkons we’re given a little respect! I repeat, rather than talking about how great of an addition he will be, how about talking about the young players we already have and what they can do? We always seem to hype players before they play a game for us. Is this player really any better than Newman or Kaufman? Or Loyer? And no, he’s not a pg and never was a pg!
With so much irrational emotion, you keep digging and don't even know it.

ADVERTISEMENT