ADVERTISEMENT

David Blough walking again with ...

goodboiler

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2015
Christ. I just want o commend him for wearing his faith on his sleeve in a very Christ like fashion and making disciples along the way as we are asked to do. I found the article to be refreshing to find a 23 year old college senior willing and when called to share his faith.
I have found that life works only when you have a mission...job, kids but David has found the ultimate mission..preach the Gospel, Evangelize and get people to come to Jesus by his actions. The apostles suffered and died not for themselves but for the news they spread about Jesus Christ. David i see you living the word of God and the life of a great student athlete who has priorities in order. The game won't mean much in a year or two other then great memories and the friends you have made. But spreading the word and making disciples of the people you meet have eternal implications to the God we so love and he loves us. I applaud you for the faith you share and the lives you have and will change. Great to hear the commitment you have made to Jesus Christ. you have made all the boiler nation proud Jeremiah 29:11-13

Christ. I just want o commend him for wearing his faith on his sleeve in a very Christ like fashion and making disciples along the way as we are asked to do. I found the article to be refreshing to find a 23 year old college senior willing and when called to share his faith.
I have found that life works only when you have a mission...job, kids but David has found the ultimate mission..preach the Gospel, Evangelize and get people to come to Jesus by his actions. The apostles suffered and died not for themselves but for the news they spread about Jesus Christ. David i see you living the word of God and the life of a great student athlete who has priorities in order. The game won't mean much in a year or two other then great memories and the friends you have made. But spreading the word and making disciples of the people you meet have eternal implications to the God we so love and he loves us. I applaud you for the faith you share and the lives you have and will change. Great to hear the commitment you have made to Jesus Christ. you have made all the boiler nation proud Jeremiah 29:11-13

Ironic that basketball icon, and Hoosier native, Oscar Robertson just challenged white athletes to step up their "activism". I wonder if this qualifies; it sure takes bravery.

Ironic that basketball icon, and Hoosier native, Oscar Robertson just challenged white athletes to step up their "activism". I wonder if this qualifies; it sure takes bravery.

One, I'm not following how this fits in the context of the OP.

Two, Oscar contradicts himself, according to written reports. First, it's reported he "commends off-court activism of today’s NBA players, although the Hall of Famer wonders why more white athletes aren’t speaking out, too." Then, it's reported "Robertson was referring to NFL players who have taken a knee or sat in silence during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality."

Uh, Oscar, that was the entire problem: They did it "on the court (field)!"

The protesting NFL players took a lot of heat for denigrating a moment that most people see as a respectful moment, a moment intended to honor our country, including all those who have served. You want to bring awareness to a perceived social injustice? Fine, do it an appropriate time. Want to p*ss people off with your political statements? Do it at an inappropriate time, shoving it down peoples' throats. Then, suffer the consequences.

I don't think all those kneeling, privileged NFL'ers are brave for taking a knee. They were celebrated by many in the media.

Odd that a former NBA player is asking that white players become "active" when there are only 40 American born white guys in the NBA.

The protesting NFL players took a lot of heat for denigrating a moment that most people see as a respectful moment, a moment intended to honor our country, including all those who have served. You want to bring awareness to a perceived social injustice? Fine, do it an appropriate time. Want to p*ss people off with your political statements? Do it at an inappropriate time, shoving it down peoples' throats. Then, suffer the consequences.

I don't think all those kneeling, privileged NFL'ers are brave for taking a knee. They were celebrated by many in the media.
It's well known that Kapernick took the knee bc he was/is dating some bomb-throwing Berkley girl that's keen on sending racist tweets, and he was trying to get (even further) in her pants.

She even ruined a deal he was about to get with the Ravens bc of her tweeting, lmao.

Wrecked career < Poon-tang wins again

Good for David B. Be proud young fella!

One, I'm not following how this fits in the context of the OP.

Two, Oscar contradicts himself, according to written reports. First, it's reported he "commends off-court activism of today’s NBA players, although the Hall of Famer wonders why more white athletes aren’t speaking out, too." Then, it's reported "Robertson was referring to NFL players who have taken a knee or sat in silence during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality."

Uh, Oscar, that was the entire problem: They did it "on the court (field)!"

The anthem.., paid patriotism by the DOD after the lack of WMDs and the unpopular war in Iraq had them feeling the heat.

Want a patriot who served with honor and then told the truth? Read General Smedley Butler’s “War is a racket” where he discusses amongst other things how 18,000 new millionaires were minted during world war 1.

They sold mosquito netting to the American taxpayers... tons of it. Only problem? No mosquitoes in France.

It's well known that Kapernick took the knee bc he was/is dating some bomb-throwing Berkley girl that's keen on sending racist tweets, and he was trying to get (even further) in her pants.

She even ruined a deal he was about to get with the Ravens bc of her tweeting, lmao.

Wrecked career < Poon-tang wins again

Good for David B. Be proud young fella!
Wrong board... move along to the general discussion board. There are enough pissing contests.

Reactions: Frankie611
The anthem.., paid patriotism by the DOD after the lack of WMDs and the unpopular war in Iraq had them feeling the heat.

Want a patriot who served with honor and then told the truth? Read General Smedley Butler’s “War is a racket” where he discusses amongst other things how 18,000 new millionaires were minted during world war 1.

They sold mosquito netting to the American taxpayers... tons of it. Only problem? No mosquitoes in France.

all your ranting has nothing to do with observing a moment of respect for our country.

all your ranting has nothing to do with observing a moment of respect for our country.

Three short paragraphs is ranting?

I respect this country.. the working marginalized that make up the 70% of the working Americans that made less than 50k in the last year of the obama administration ....

I have no respect for war criminals who run this country.. for sociopaths who murder around the world and decide for all of us that we are spending 1 trillion in defense related costs while 60% of this country can’t afford a $1000 emergency.

However, those sociopaths are not the guy sitting next to me at the game, or the guy who coaches my kids team or the person who stocks shelves so I have a place to shop at... that is who I respect.

It’s probably very offensive to come across people who have read manufactured consent and aren’t taken in by symbol based propaganda:)

Disappointing that a thread to honor David, as he honors Christ in his life, has turned into this, but I would like to weigh in.

David is a great leader of the team! As I observe him in FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) he is a great Christ-like example to all who attend.

Last year, during testimony time, David told the group:

"While we were en route to the African mission trip last year, another player told me that he wasn't sure that he knew Christ as his savior. I got Marty together with us, and we talked about it. After a little while, this player accepted Christ and settled his eternity. What a great blessing that was to see this player get his life straightened with the Lord!"​

It wasn't too many minutes later, Gelen Robinson (a player who had been faithful to FCA for a year or so) stood to his feet and said, "the player that David talked about, was me!"

There were a few tears shed at that moment!

-------------------------------

David isn't perfect, doesn't claim to be, but in Christ, he is perfect before Him.

Three short paragraphs is ranting?

I respect this country.. the working marginalized that make up the 70% of the working Americans that made less than 50k in the last year of the obama administration ....

I have no respect for war criminals who run this country.. for sociopaths who murder around the world and decide for all of us that we are spending 1 trillion in defense related costs while 60% of this country can’t afford a $1000 emergency.

However, those sociopaths are not the guy sitting next to me at the game, or the guy who coaches my kids team or the person who stocks shelves so I have a place to shop at... that is who I respect.

It’s probably very offensive to come across people who have read manufactured consent and aren’t taken in by symbol based propaganda:)

Yes, it was ranting.

Beyond that, your words have unfortunately become a blur.

Yes, it was ranting.

Beyond that, your words have unfortunately become a blur.

Not really. And that’s kinda like when someone asks “where were the WMDs in Iraq” no one ever has them on msnbc or Fox News and says “that’s not true, there really were WMDs” ... they just silence the masses or say something that means nothing like “your words have become a blur.”

Reactions: cjcollie
Not really. And that’s kinda like when someone asks “where were the WMDs in Iraq” no one ever has them on msnbc or Fox News and says “that’s not true, there really were WMDs” ... they just silence the masses or say something that means nothing like “your words have become a blur.”

Yes, really. Completely unrelated to the OP, and completely unnecessary.

Yes, really. Completely unrelated to the OP, and completely unnecessary.

It was actually related to your first post which I quoted ... your parapgraph on nfl players shows that you get into military industrial complex fascist propaganda about what authoritarian elites pretend this country is about and not what this country actually is about ...

This model works because we get our news from six sources.. which you can thank Clinton and Woodrow Wilson for ...

It was absolutely necessary

It was actually related to your first post which I quoted ... your parapgraph on nfl players shows that you get into military industrial complex fascist propaganda about what authoritarian elites pretend this country is about and not what this country actually is about ...

This model works because we get our news from six sources.. which you can thank Clinton and Woodrow Wilson for ...

It was absolutely necessary

oh, dear lord.

No, it wasn't. And, no, it didn't.

Wad up the tinfoil hat, and just enjoy life for awhile.

oh, dear lord.

No, it wasn't. And, no, it didn't.

Wad up the tinfoil hat, and just enjoy life for awhile.

My posting in this thread absolutely was directed at that. See, you don’t make any arguments ... all you’re about is making assertions about societal happenings and then if someone responds it’s “shut up, tin foil hat.” If you disagree .. say why and make a case. If not, your comments are unnecessary ...

You don’t get to whine and cry about NFL players using their forum and then ask someone else WhT they can’t just enjoy life

My posting in this thread absolutely was directed at that. See, you don’t make any arguments ... all you’re about is making assertions about societal happenings and then if someone responds it’s “shut up, tin foil hat.” If you disagree .. say why and make a case. If not, your comments are unnecessary ...

You don’t get to whine and cry about NFL players using their forum and then ask someone else WhT they can’t just enjoy life

Dude, you were inappropriate to interject that there. Want to rant? Go ahead, and get called on it.

Your post is inappropriate in other ways. In WWI, our troops fought an incredible battle against malaria. In Italy, In Great Britain, and elsewhere. Well, dumb@ss, it was a problem all over, and we lost countless brave men. But, you wish to cite an argument that there were no mosquites . . . IN FRANCE.

and, that's the equivalent to WMDs.

That's just dumb as hell.

Dude, you were inappropriate to interject that there. Want to rant? Go ahead, and get called on it.

Your post is inappropriate in other ways. In WWI, our troops fought an incredible battle against malaria. In Italy, In Great Britain, and elsewhere. Well, dumb@ss, it was a problem all over, and we lost countless brave men. But, you wish to cite an argument that there were no mosquites . . . IN FRANCE.

and, that's the equivalent to WMDs.

That's just dumb as hell.

This topic being on this board is inappropriate as someone else pointed out ...

Butler never denied that malaria was present in Italy, the Ottoman Empire and Spain.. he spoke of football fields of mosquito netting that was unused because it was sent to France.

Look dumbass.. don’t act like the military industrial complex isn’t a way for well connected war profiteers who pay off politicians to get contracts most people couldn’t get.. to dump on taxpayers and create a wealth transfer.. it is..

This topic being on this board is inappropriate as someone else pointed out ...

Butler never denied that malaria was present in Italy, the Ottoman Empire and Spain.. he spoke of football fields of mosquito netting that was unused because it was sent to France.

Look dumbass.. don’t act like the military industrial complex isn’t a way for well connected war profiteers who pay off politicians to get contracts most people couldn’t get.. to dump on taxpayers and create a wealth transfer.. it is..

Good grief, you still don't get it.

It was sent for the troops to use.

It wasn't some "Military Industrial Complex" conspiracy to enrich others.

It was friggin' 1914-18. It was sent to protect our servicemen.

NOT a wealth transfer play.

You need to stop.

Just.

Stop.

There's enough crap over which you could be outraged. Mosquito netting in 1915 ain't one of them. It makes you sound really dumb.

Good grief, you still don't get it.

It was sent for the troops to use.

It wasn't some "Military Industrial Complex" conspiracy to enrich others.

It was friggin' 1914-18. It was sent to protect our servicemen.

NOT a wealth transfer play.

You need to stop.

Just.

Stop.

There's enough crap over which you could be outraged. Mosquito netting in 1915 ain't one of them. It makes you sound really dumb.

It was an example given by a General back on that time period just to show you that war almost always has been a racket.

It absolutely was a transfer of wealth, as is what’s been going on in the Middle East for the last almost couple decades.

The sociopaths extort resources from sovereign nations, use up for than half of our tax dollars (another extortion), transfer everything they get to corportate partners and then tell us how we can’t afford healthcare.

Obama didn’t have a jobs program like FDR in the 1930s... cause our jobs program is bombing Syria ...

And you’re a propaganda sucking fascist who loves it.

Reactions: MANelson85
It was an example given by a General back on that time period just to show you that war almost always has been a racket.

It absolutely was a transfer of wealth, as is what’s been going on in the Middle East for the last almost couple decades.

The sociopaths extort resources from sovereign nations, use up for than half of our tax dollars (another extortion), transfer everything they get to corportate partners and then tell us how we can’t afford healthcare.

Obama didn’t have a jobs program like FDR in the 1930s... cause our jobs program is bombing Syria ...

And you’re a propaganda sucking fascist who loves it.

Dagnabbit! My cover has been blown.

You'll need to excuse me . . . I have some mosquito netting to sell.

Last edited:
Dagnabbit!

My cover has been blown.

Again all stuff you say when you have to actually argue against why an NFL player would take a knee at a paid protest by a military that is extorting from this nation and enriching contractors.. all in the name of beating insurmountable threats like sadd husssein

Reactions: Frankie611
Again all stuff you say when you have to actually argue against why an NFL player would take a knee at a paid protest by a military that is extorting from this nation and enriching contractors.. all in the name of beating insurmountable threats like sadd husssein

I need my "propaganda sucking fascist" translator for that one: from NFL players taking a knee to mosquito netting to Saddam Hussein.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I see you've succumbed to my secret, fascistic propagandist MIND CONTROL POWERS.

You are getting very sleepy.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep..... sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep .... SLEEEEEEEEEEEP

Wanna buy some mosquito netting?

Again you clearly come off as this romanticizing “support our troops.. yeah, freedom! Go USA” jingoistic individual... your first post shows that.

When someone criticizes your views .. you don’t have an argument .. because it’s hard to have one when your views are based on propaganda.

So now you’re acting like you’re 14 years old.
Whatever man.. you should read the book by butler. He lays out a compelling case.

Again you clearly come off as this romanticizing “support our troops.. yeah, freedom! Go USA” jingoistic individual... your first post shows that.

When someone criticizes your views .. you don’t have an argument .. because it’s hard to have one when your views are based on propaganda.

So now you’re acting like you’re 14 years old.
Whatever man.. you should read the book by butler. He lays out a compelling case.

Darn it. My magical fascist-propagandist hypnotic powers must not be working. You should still be asleep.

(And you still haven't purchased that Army Surplus, military grad mosquito netting from the early 20th century.)

Not quite sure about moving this to another site because its not football related. In my opinion it is, seeing our QB carry himself with great poise and confidence is not only him being prepared by the coaches for Satudays , his preparation with eternal consequences are what David is all about. Not quite sure how all the other messages got started but we should be applauding a fine young man rather then discussing other topics not related to this thread.

Reactions: Purdue85
Not quite sure about moving this to another site because its not football related. In my opinion it is, seeing our QB carry himself with great poise and confidence is not only him being prepared by the coaches for Satudays , his preparation with eternal consequences are what David is all about. Not quite sure how all the other messages got started but we should be applauding a fine young man rather then discussing other topics not related to this thread.

So you’d like to discuss things in the context of religion and have others bring up politics from your point of view... religion and politics not being on topic on this board... but you also want anyone with a dissenting view to know that they’re off topic? Do I have that right?

So you’d like to discuss things in the context of religion and have others bring up politics from your point of view... religion and politics not being on topic on this board... but you also want anyone with a dissenting view to know that they’re off topic? Do I have that right?
I think it takes a lot of courage for BO to write about it and even more courage for David to talk about what he stands for and what is vital in his life That's it. Didn't criticize your or anyones point of view, the article about David was is what i commented on no more or less. I appreciated the article and i applaud Davids stance. I apologize if you were offended

Reactions: Purdue85

I have my share of back-and-forth banter, but holy mother of internet forums, you sure seem to be itchin' for a fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT