ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

I'd say Reggie Wayne, but he supposedly ran a 4.46 40. After watching his pro career, I can't believe that was legitimate, but it didn't matter. I'm kind of surprised Bell didn't go higher, considering how much he torched everyone the last couple of years at Purdue. Nonetheless, best of luck to him.
Wayne’s 40 was electronically timed at the combine. It was legit.

I think Bell could be a poor man’s Reggie, which is still really good.

Tommy Gunn got the HIV boss.
🥺

why the f he didn’t live forever and get movie theatres and all that?

by the way when I think of being against the odds I imagine getting hit in the face and hearing “come on balboa who’s your puppet now”

🥺

why the f he didn’t live forever and get movie theatres and all that?

by the way when I think of being against the odds I imagine getting hit in the face and hearing “come on balboa who’s your puppet now”
What’s the 2nd best Rocky movie, after Rocky III ?

Bell could have improved on all of these numbers if he worked for another year on them. I doubt he ever runs in the 4.5 range though. (Unless there is an injury that I don’t know about). I don’t think he will was going to be a round 1 guy. I still think he can have a good NFL career and be in the league 5 years.

Thing is he was a tremendous player from Day 1, not a guy who took years to get there, without a red-shirt.
some questioned his TD production his senior year as well.

His Senior year was quite productive, but you had to see the whole game to understand what happened. His game without the ball, his selflessness, especially in the redzone, was technically & tactically brilliant. He had route designs that were just so he could be the decoy and draw double & triple teams and just blow the defense away.

FR 12 games, 86 receptions, 1035uards 7 TD’s

SO 12 games, 106 receptions, 1250 yards, 16 TD’s (extrapolated to 12 games)

JR 11 games, 93 receptions, 1286 yads 6 TD’s

One of the best routes he ran all year - fakes a stop route then to a slant.

He doesn’t know what he is talking about. He wasn’t going to get faster and more explosive at Purdue.
You don’t know what you’re talking about. He absolutely could have improved his stock.

He could have boosted his stats and had a more impressive season that would have propelled him up like a Chris Olave.

He was never going to be a sub-4.4 40 guy but he needed to get in the 4.5s and improve his broad jump to give him a better RAS. A lot of those numbers are the fringes come time to timing and training. If you watched Bell’s combine you would have seen him looking clumsy. Especially with the timing on his 40.

But continue to chew on your shoe Mel Kiper.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
Regardless he got drafted. Happy for him. I was worried about his slide and really didn’t want to see him get day-3 draft capital. Significantly harder to break into the league as a 4th rounder vs. 3rd rounder.

You don’t know what you’re talking about. He absolutely could have improved his stock.

He could have boosted his stats and had a more impressive season that would have propelled him up like a Chris Olave.

He was never going to be a sub-4.4 40 guy but he needed to get in the 4.5s and improve his broad jump to give him a better RAS. A lot of those numbers are the fringes come time to timing and training. If you watched Bell’s combine you would have seen him looking clumsy. Especially with the timing on his 40.

But continue to chew on your shoe Mel Kiper.
Another year of stats doesnt do anything for him. It was all about athletic testing. Go read every draft profile. Go read Neuberts blog. More film wasnt going to move him up more than a few picks. He got drafted where he did because of how good he was on film. If he didnt play like he did, his combine likely would have dropped him out of the draft. But, i know, your feels are hurt cuz i dont wear fanboi glasses.

Olave jumped because he ran a faster 40 than they anticipated.

Another year of stats doesnt do anything for him. It was all about athletic testing. Go read every draft profile. Go read Neuberts blog. More film wasnt going to move him up more than a few picks. He got drafted where he did because of how good he was on film. If he didnt play like he did, his combine likely would have dropped him out of the draft. But, i know, your feels are hurt cuz i dont wear fanboi glasses.

Olave jumped because he ran a faster 40 than they anticipated.
Michael Pittman Jr., DeVonta Smith, and Brandon Aiyuk are all WRs that boosted their draft capital by coming back to college and putting more film for scouts to see. I’m not saying Bell would have been a top-10 pick but if he improved his stats, improved some of his average depth of target and worked on his body some more he could have made a jump.

Not surprised you’re confused considering it appears you struggle to form an original thought of your own or even do a lick of research.

Reactions: SLoopBoiler
Michael Pittman Jr., DeVonta Smith, and Brandon Aiyuk are all WRs that boosted their draft capital by coming back to college and putting more film for scouts to see. I’m not saying Bell would have been a top-10 pick but if he improved his stats, improved some of his average depth of target and worked on his body some more he could have made a jump.

Not surprised you’re confused considering it appears you struggle to form an original thought of your own or even do a lick of research.
So youre forming your own opinions on how the NFL drafts without listening to the experts, huh? It shows.

He wasnt going to shave much off his 40 time nor radically change his athleticism. Im suprised you think he hasnt worked on his body, both through purdue and through personal trainers. Additionally, he would have risk another year of hits. He had one concussion this year. No one would have blamed him if he shut it down after that. Weve had one player's nfl career ruined by concussions (replogle). Finally, depth of target is largely going to be out of his control.

So youre forming your own opinions on how the NFL drafts without listening to the experts, huh? It shows.

He wasnt going to shave much off his 40 time nor radically change his athleticism. Im suprised you think he hasnt worked on his body, both through purdue and through personal trainers. Additionally, he would have risk another year of hits. He had one concussion this year. No one would have blamed him if he shut it down after that. Weve had one player's nfl career ruined by concussions (replogle). Finally, depth of target is largely going to be out of his control.
hey Nat, what about a guy like Kenny Pickett?

Ohhh boy. Now you’re not reading or comprehending - which is another issue so I’ll try to make it easy for you.

He was never going to be a sub 4.4 guy. But he could have improved his 40 time.

I am listening to the NFL by listing off past players who went back to school and put in more good tape and boosted their draft capital. NFL literally tells you what it’s looking for if you’re a slower WR - we want more numbers prove you can do it.

never said David bell didn’t work on his body. I’m sure he’s a harder worker but congrats on your dumbass way of trying to slide it in there like I said that.

Never said he shouldn’t have come out. That’s his choice. I wish him the best.

if you look at my original post I was afraid he was going to slide into round 4 which he almost did and if that was the case that would have really hurt his ability to break into the NFL.

His 40, vert, and broad jump were a big piece of why he slid but not the only reason. If he put on another 1300 or 1500 yard season at Purdue that would have boosted his stock.

• Haha
Ohhh boy. Now you’re not reading or comprehending - which is another issue so I’ll try to make it easy for you.

He was never going to be a sub 4.4 guy. But he could have improved his 40 time.

I am listening to the NFL by listing off past players who went back to school and put in more good tape and boosted their draft capital. NFL literally tells you what it’s looking for if you’re a slower WR - we want more numbers prove you can do it.

never said David bell didn’t work on his body. I’m sure he’s a harder worker but congrats on your dumbass way of trying to slide it in there like I said that.

Never said he shouldn’t have come out. That’s his choice. I wish him the best.

if you look at my original post I was afraid he was going to slide into round 4 which he almost did and if that was the case that would have really hurt his ability to break into the NFL.

His 40, vert, and broad jump were a big piece of why he slid but not the only reason. If he put on another 1300 or 1500 yard season at Purdue that would have boosted his stock.
He had production. He was an all American and big ten wr of the year. He proved everything he needed to in college. Which I said originally. His time was now

Reactions: bonefish1
He had production. He was an all American and big ten wr of the year. He proved everything he needed to in college. Which I said originally. His time was now
So did those other guys I listed but again you can’t come to the discussion with anything other than a blurb from one article you read while I’m running circles around you.

So did those other guys I listed but again you can’t come to the discussion with anything other than a blurb from one article you read while I’m running circles around you.
You arent running circles, your boomering on about returning. Everything you listed might make a small difference, but wouldnt have moved him into the first round, as you said. If you agree to that, then his time was now. No need to risk it when you are likely to go in the top 100 (which he was). Coming back would have been an egregious risk.

Aiyuk played a total of 2 seasons of college football and caught 33 passes the year before he came back.

Pittman largely under-achieved at USC prior to his senior year (his high was 41 receptions as junior).

Maybe Devonta Smith kind of fits that profile, but he didn’t have as good a junior season as Bell and also was the featured player on a national title contender.

Right … a guy who threw 13/9.

Not the B1G Receiver of the Year, top 3 in National Receiver of the Year and All American.
H
Right … a guy who threw 13/9.

Not the B1G Receiver of the Year, top 3 in National Receiver of the Year and All American
Whether we like it or not Bell was never viewed as an elite player. Just look up Mel Kipers top 150 players before the college football season. Bell is deserving and he did put his name out there. But I think if he came back and had more eyes on him and showed out he would have boosted his stock. Like others in the past. There is a trend.

Happy he got picked. I’m a huge fan of his. Wish him nothing but good things

H

Whether we like it or not Bell was never viewed as an elite player. Just look up Mel Kipers top 150 players before the college football season. Bell is deserving and he did put his name out there. But I think if he came back and had more eyes on him and showed out he would have boosted his stock. Like others in the past. There is a trend.

Happy he got picked. I’m a huge fan of his. Wish him nothing but good things
How would he get more eyes on him? He played in one of the top conferences and had massive games against Iowa and MSU.

Every NFL scout saw plenty of tape on him to have an opinion. He was the B1G WR of the year.

What trend are you talking about? You listed 3 guys, 2 of which were on nobody’s radar as top WRs and 1 that did in fact have a massive senior season and won the Heisman.

Sadly, the only way Bell MIGHT have improved his stock is if he went in the portal and went to Alabama or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT