ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

How would he get more eyes on him? He played in one of the top conferences and had massive games against Iowa and MSU.

Every NFL scout saw plenty of tape on him to have an opinion. He was the B1G WR of the year.

What trend are you talking about? You listed 3 guys, 2 of which were on nobody’s radar as top WRs and 1 that did in fact have a massive senior season and won the Heisman.

Sadly, the only way Bell MIGHT have improved his stock is if he went in the portal and went to Alabama or something like that.
I was just gonna say lol. If he came back there’s a chance he goes elsewhere on a massive NIL deal and got more money. Which would have made me sad.

the argument that there is no way whatever so ever that he couldn’t have improved his draft capital doesn’t make sense. He was pick 99.

I was just gonna say lol. If he came back there’s a chance he goes elsewhere on a massive NIL deal and got more money. Which would have made me sad.

the argument that there is no way whatever so ever that he couldn’t have improved his draft capital doesn’t make sense. He was pick 99.
That’s not the argument … the argument is would he have significantly improved his stock coming back.

His top end speed was always going to limit his draft stock. Maybe he could get into the 2nd round with a great year, but it’s just as likely he doesn’t and he ends up at roughly the same spot or even gets hurt and slips.

Ask Ty Fryfogle if he would have left IU earlier than he did. He would have most likely been drafted somewhere after his great Junior season. He’s nowhere as good as Bell, but a relevant example.

How would he get more eyes on him? He played in one of the top conferences and had massive games against Iowa and MSU.

Every NFL scout saw plenty of tape on him to have an opinion. He was the B1G WR of the year.

What trend are you talking about? You listed 3 guys, 2 of which were on nobody’s radar as top WRs and 1 that did in fact have a massive senior season and won the Heisman.

Sadly, the only way Bell MIGHT have improved his stock is if he went in the portal and went to Alabama or something like that.
Pittman was absolutely on NFL teams radars. Smith too. His heisman year is only reason he went top 10 but he improved himself from a 3rd/4th rounder to a first

That’s not the argument … the argument is would he have significantly improved his stock coming back.

His top end speed was always going to limit his draft stock. Maybe he could get into the 2nd round with a great year, but it’s just as likely he doesn’t and he ends up at roughly the same spot or even gets hurt and slips.

Ask Ty Fryfogle if he would have left IU earlier than he did. He would have most likely been drafted somewhere after his great Junior season. He’s nowhere as good as Bell, but a relevant example.
Bell is actually good Frygole never was

what a stupid comp

Last edited:
Bell is actually good Frygole never was

what a stupid comp
I said he was nowhere near as good as Bell … but the point was they both had great years as Juniors, won the B1G receiver of the year and likely maxed out their attractiveness to NFL scouts.

Even if Bell himself came back as good or better, he might not have as good of a year due to circumstances beyond his control. About the only thing he could have done better is catch more TDs.

I know, that’s why I’m not biting. I think they exercise, but doubt they give him a second contract. Matt Canada is going to mess him up something fierce.
He can’t be worse than Daniel Jones especially with the weapons he has. I guess id take that action

Ohhh boy. Now you’re not reading or comprehending - which is another issue so I’ll try to make it easy for you.

He was never going to be a sub 4.4 guy. But he could have improved his 40 time.

I am listening to the NFL by listing off past players who went back to school and put in more good tape and boosted their draft capital. NFL literally tells you what it’s looking for if you’re a slower WR - we want more numbers prove you can do it.

never said David bell didn’t work on his body. I’m sure he’s a harder worker but congrats on your dumbass way of trying to slide it in there like I said that.

Never said he shouldn’t have come out. That’s his choice. I wish him the best.

if you look at my original post I was afraid he was going to slide into round 4 which he almost did and if that was the case that would have really hurt his ability to break into the NFL.

His 40, vert, and broad jump were a big piece of why he slid but not the only reason. If he put on another 1300 or 1500 yard season at Purdue that would have boosted his stock.
and one more concussion and he could have fallen completely out of the draft. Or, how about it he puts up 750 yards and 5 TDs because O'Connell spreads the ball to more weapons and Bell is no longer option 1,2, and 3?

and one more concussion and he could have fallen completely out of the draft. Or, how about it he puts up 750 yards and 5 TDs because O'Connell spreads the ball to more weapons and Bell is no longer option 1,2, and 3?
That was never going to happen. I don’t think anyone is good enough and if there’s on thing Brohm does for his stars it’s pepper them with targets.

Wayne’s 40 was electronically timed at the combine. It was legit.

I think Bell could be a poor man’s Reggie, which is still really good.

Sorry, there's just no way. He was a Hall of Famer but he did not have that kind of speed. ...ever. Robert Mathis (DE) of the Colts made fun of him for being slow. :D

ADVERTISEMENT