ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell to the Cleveland Browns!

Love the so called experts from ESPN on Bell's Draft analysis. F you experts.

Pre-Draft Analysis​

Bell is a crafty route runner who is quicker than fast, separates from underneath man and has the football instincts to settle into windows working against zone looks. He's a hands catcher with good body control, and he holds onto the ball after taking a big hit. Among the 32 receivers who ran the 40-yard dash at the combine, his 4.65 tied for the second-worst time. He doesn't project as much of a big-play threat in the NFL. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis​

The Browns traded for Amari Copper but parted ways with Odell Beckham Jr. during last season and released Jarvis Landry. Plus 2021 third-round pick Anthony Schwartz had a disappointing rookie season. Bell is an NFL ready route-runner who doesn't have a high ceiling but can make immediate contributions. -- Muench

I don’t remember how Deshaun Watson was as a passer. If he’s as good as I think he is when she must be if they paid as much as they did for him, David Bell should have a stellar career

Last edited:
Well at least he wasn’t selected to the NFL graveyard of wide receivers being the Bears.
Hopefully Watson can break the streak, but the Bears, Jets, and Browns have been consistent QB graveyards for several years, not counting Mayfield’s production for about a year and a half recently.

Who is the next Boiler to get drafted in this draft, Mitchell or Alexander?
Great question. I forget about Alexander, but seems like he's got a shot. I think Mitchell gets drafted regardless. Absolute freak of nature and is still very raw as he hasn't had a lot of time at DE. Too intriguing to pass up I think for NFL GMs.

I think Horvath has a shot in the 6th or 7th as well.

Getting 5 guys to the league this year would be pretty phenomenal.

The best thing for David Bell is to be traded and get out of that organization. The Browns have done less with more than any team in the NFL. (Although Jags are catching up in that stat)

The best thing for David Bell is to be traded and get out of that organization. The Browns have done less with more than any team in the NFL. (Although Jags are catching up in that stat)
Browns have Watson now. At least he can see over the offensive line as opposed to baker

Reactions: goboilers2
ADVERTISEMENT