ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell is an ESPN All-American

The ESPN article only lists a first-team, so no Karlaftis. Still, this is a significant accomplishment for David and the Purdue coaches.

We will see when George hits the league

We will see when George hits the league
I think Bell will be more successful in the NFL than Karlaftis.

I don't think Karlaftis is ready to play at that level. Maybe after a few years in a NFL weight room he'll be ready. The one team Purdue played this year with multiple NFL caliber players was Ohio State. Big George was pretty much a non-factor in that game. Ohio State pushed him all over the field.

I think David Bell will be good from the start. He may not be the fastest but he has as good a set of hands as anyone out there. He's also a top notch route runner and his concentration level is off the charts. I would love for my Cowboys to draft him. Lol. They could use someone with his character.

I don't think Karlaftis is ready to play at that level. Maybe after a few years in a NFL weight room he'll be ready. The one team Purdue played this year with multiple NFL caliber players was Ohio State. Big George was pretty much a non-factor in that game. Ohio State pushed him all over the field.

I think David Bell will be good from the start. He may not be the fastest but he has as good a set of hands as anyone out there. He's also a top notch route runner and his concentration level is off the charts. I would love for my Cowboys to draft him. Lol. They could use someone with his character.
They got the ball out fast enough that Michael Strahan might not have been a factor. Go watch again and see how fast stroud threw it. Also, in the NFL, you can’t double team anyone with a third blocker chipping. Talent is too even.

Reactions: boilermaker75

If the buzz on Karlaftis going somewhere between the 10-20th pick in Round 1, the NFL is not planning to have him get ready in the weight room for a few years! They get their return on investment ASAP.

Hopefully he gets 1st round money and carves out a great career.

As for Bell, his work ethic, character and results will likely keep him in the league for a while. If he can be like a Marvin Harrison the team that gets him will be quite happy.

Boiler Up!

If the buzz on Karlaftis going somewhere between the 10-20th pick in Round 1, the NFL is not planning to have him get ready in the weight room for a few years! They get their return on investment ASAP.

Hopefully he gets 1st round money and carves out a great career.

As for Bell, his work ethic, character and results will likely keep him in the league for a while. If he can be like a Marvin Harrison the team that gets him will be quite happy.

Boiler Up!
I would be disappointed if my team spent a first rounder on Karlaftis. I guess time will tell but I just don't see him being a big contributor for a while.

I would be disappointed if my team spent a first rounder on Karlaftis. I guess time will tell but I just don't see him being a big contributor for a while.
He is best suited for a 3-4 defense. Watch him end up in New England or tennessee

Reactions: RDUBoiler
He is best suited for a 3-4 defense. Watch him end up in New England or tennessee
Bentley has done well with the Pats. I could see Karlaftis joining him, although I think George has more long-term potential.

Bentley has done well with the Pats. I could see Karlaftis joining him, although I think George has more long-term potential.
Bentley fits what Bill wants. Tough, physical player who plays the run well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT