ADVERTISEMENT

Darrin Kirkland, Jr

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Darrin Kirkland, Jr is leaving Tennessee as a graduate transfer. He was a very highly rated LB out of HS. Do we have a shot?

Has been stated; scholarship numbers are tight and his injury history make him a risk, but he is a heck of a talent at a position of huge need

Reactions: 72Boiler
I would think so. in brohm's first year and a half he has shown he's on top of every available athlete whether they be high school, juco, transfer or grad transfer. he definitely knows where the holes are and how to fill them.

We're currently at our max of 85 players on scholarship, but several were rumored to be either not coming back academically, or transferring.

if brohm wants this guy, I'm sure he'll find the room.

Kirkland had a very successful career at Tennessee. he started as a junior and was a pre season ALL SEC last year before suffering a season ending knee injury before the season started. if fully recovered, he'd be a tremendous asset at inside linebacker.

Hard pass

giphy.gif

I would pass on this one. I would feel different if we had plenty of scholly room to take the risk. He is transferring from Tennessee after a season in which he had a season ending injury. If he was 100% he would not be transferring IMO.

Reactions: boiler2288
I had read part of his leaving was based on their new coach not promising him that he would start and the job would be wide open. For a player that was a pre season all sec before his injury, that's kind of a slap in the face.

Admittedly he is an injury risk. He missed all of 2017 and also half of 2016 with two separate injuries.

I had read part of his leaving was based on their new coach not promising him that he would start and the job would be wide open. For a player that was a pre season all sec before his injury, that's kind of a slap in the face.

Admittedly he is an injury risk. He missed all of 2017 and also half of 2016 with two separate injuries.
I believe you take him no matter the risk. The reward potential is through the roof and the negative is pretty minuscule. He wouldn’t be replacing a multi year starter in the lineup and it wouldn’t be against the culture Brohm has built.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Yeah let’s all believe jimmy LOL

There are a ton of reports now that he is staying, but it could be one person saying it and everybody is sourcing that person. It was announced before Jimmy put it out.

Edit: John Brice was where it all originated on twitter at 5:06 PM. Then everybody sourced him. Took some digging so you're welcome.

Reactions: BoilerWebb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT