ADVERTISEMENT

D-Bell, W-Robinson, J-Graham, J-Britt, M-Williams

it looks like we only have 4-6 scholarships left.

So forget the Pk from Arizona. We already have 2 kickers on scholarship. We can sign a Pk in the 2020 class.

I believe brohm would sign only more 1 dback. M Williams or Graham.

I'd say 1-2 ol, and I'd like that one to be Brit.

1-2 WRs, and I'd like one to be Bell.

I think Weaver and Robinson are a package deal. Mauney could shift to LB if we sign Robinson. And if we signed Robinson, would brohm still try to flip Sampson? and there is always RB Brock from Quincy , Il whom we liked, then he liked Iowa, and now he's still looking.

i'd love to also add Cam Williams, boeting, Gibson and Zimos.

But looking at the names above, that would place us 2-4 above a projected limit of 20 scholarships. And I know Brohm is still recruiting more players and is still after Sampson.

these are al l quality athletes, but now at 15, we are fast approaching our limit.

We may also run out of spaces for some commits who don't develop like the coaching staff wants/expects. It seemed to have happened last year with a couple guys.

It's unlikely Purdue lands the remaining top targets.

The obvious ones are Bell (high 4 star), Weaver (4 star but could end up with 5), Wandale Robinson (4 star), Cam Williams (4 star), Britt (high 3 star), Graham (High 3 star), Zimos (just got his 4th star), Darius Robinson (should end up 4 star), Gibson (high 3 star), Milton Wright (4 star), Miles Williams (high 3 star).

I would be surprised if Purdue takes another offensive tackle, so I left off Boateng. He is impossible to read and is going to give his top 16 or something in June. My man is completely enjoying the process and just toured a whole bunch of colleges. I think we would make room for him, but we aren't going to wait around.

I think landing either Bell or Wright is a must. Have to have that type of weapon that you can just tell to go out and get the ball.

Linebacker is probably the next biggest need and Cam Williams is currently 6th at his position! That would be a monster get. Zimos is right there with him and I think Brohm would happily take both.

Defensive Line. Darius Robinson has a ridiculous rising stock. He has the frame and speed to be a dominant DT, but can slide out to the end if need be. Still need a DT in this class so if we miss on Gibson (have a decent chance on getting him), Purdue would need to grab Robinson or come up with a backup plan quick. JJ is my favorite defensive player we are still targeting. He is an absolute monster and would be a game changer coming off the edge with George. JJ can come off the end or as an outside linebacker. He has huge size and freakish athleticism for that size. Robinson is probably my second favorite because of his versatility.

Defensive back. Graham and Miles Williams. I am not sure we take 4 defensive backs, but if they both committed, I would say we take them both and say thank you.

Running back. It was always possible we took 3 because of the need and future vacancies. Wandale just got an Alabama offer and has ridiculous speed and agility. At his size, he is going to have big play potential every time he touches the ball. Would be an incredibly exciting player and is good friends with JJ.

If Purdue lands 4 off that list I would be ecstatic. If they land more than that, Brohm will have a top 25 class and will have Purdue in contention much sooner than I ever anticipated.

It's unlikely Purdue lands the remaining top targets.

The obvious ones are Bell (high 4 star), Weaver (4 star but could end up with 5), Wandale Robinson (4 star), Cam Williams (4 star), Britt (high 3 star), Graham (High 3 star), Zimos (just got his 4th star), Darius Robinson (should end up 4 star), Gibson (high 3 star), Milton Wright (4 star), Miles Williams (high 3 star).

I would be surprised if Purdue takes another offensive tackle, so I left off Boateng. He is impossible to read and is going to give his top 16 or something in June. My man is completely enjoying the process and just toured a whole bunch of colleges. I think we would make room for him, but we aren't going to wait around.

I think landing either Bell or Wright is a must. Have to have that type of weapon that you can just tell to go out and get the ball.

Linebacker is probably the next biggest need and Cam Williams is currently 6th at his position! That would be a monster get. Zimos is right there with him and I think Brohm would happily take both.

Defensive Line. Darius Robinson has a ridiculous rising stock. He has the frame and speed to be a dominant DT, but can slide out to the end if need be. Still need a DT in this class so if we miss on Gibson (have a decent chance on getting him), Purdue would need to grab Robinson or come up with a backup plan quick. JJ is my favorite defensive player we are still targeting. He is an absolute monster and would be a game changer coming off the edge with George. JJ can come off the end or as an outside linebacker. He has huge size and freakish athleticism for that size. Robinson is probably my second favorite because of his versatility.

Defensive back. Graham and Miles Williams. I am not sure we take 4 defensive backs, but if they both committed, I would say we take them both and say thank you.

Running back. It was always possible we took 3 because of the need and future vacancies. Wandale just got an Alabama offer and has ridiculous speed and agility. At his size, he is going to have big play potential every time he touches the ball. Would be an incredibly exciting player and is good friends with JJ.

If Purdue lands 4 off that list I would be ecstatic. If they land more than that, Brohm will have a top 25 class and will have Purdue in contention much sooner than I ever anticipated.
It looks like we take 25 or 26 so we probably have 10 or 11 spots left

Reactions: Boilermaker24
It seems like Brian has said we had room for 20 - 22 spots on recent podcasts. Is everyone factoring in academic casualties and/or attrition in higher recruiting numbers?

It looks like we take 25 or 26 so we probably have 10 or 11 spots left

I have no doubt we would take them all and find room however we can. It just unlikely for any team to hit that many of their top targets and the majority have big names going after them. I think 4 is a reasonable expectation and request. Purdue has already landed some excellent players. That staff has been closing with unbelievable efficiency. As bad as the program had been in the recent past, the turnaround is unbelievable. If the current four stars sign, that would be four 4 stars in 2 years. Purdue is in line to add even more than that! Would be crazy to triple what The Haze brought in 4 years and do it in a single recruiting year. The difference between the two is incredible. Purdue got the right coach, that's for sure.

It seems like Brian has said we had room for 20 - 22 spots on recent podcasts. Is everyone factoring in academic casualties and/or attrition in higher recruiting numbers?
Seems reasonable to anticipate a typical attrition rate. I don’t have those numbers, but I’d guess around 2-3 freshman, 1-2 sophs, and 1 junior per year.

OSU fan here. I know David Bell is taking an unofficial visit to OSU on June 23. We will probably take 4-5 WRs in this class. We have one commitment (Garrett Wilson). Craig Young is listed as a WR on our commitment list but OSU plans on playing him on defense. Our Friday Night Lights (under the lights workout in the Shoe for elite recruits) is June 22. We are bringing in 3 2019 class WRs to participate in FNL. It will be interesting to see if we get any WR commitments Friday. With Bell visiting Saturday, OSU may pretty much know who is in/out after this weekend.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
OSU fan here. I know David Bell is taking an unofficial visit to OSU on June 23. We will probably take 4-5 WRs in this class. We have one commitment (Garrett Wilson). Craig Young is listed as a WR on our commitment list but OSU plans on playing him on defense. Our Friday Night Lights (under the lights workout in the Shoe for elite recruits) is June 22. We are bringing in 3 2019 class WRs to participate in FNL. It will be interesting to see if we get any WR commitments Friday. With Bell visiting Saturday, OSU may pretty much know who is in/out after this weekend.

So Bell's 247 profile says he took an unofficial to OSU on Friday, 6/15. Is he just taking another unofficial the next week or did he bump that visit back/move the visit you mentioned forward?

Prior to the spring, the projected scholarship offers looked to be 19. With Alstott leaving, that number went to 20. Likely to be another academic casualty or two in the summer plus a possibly 1 or 2 leaving after fall camp. That would get to the 22 Brian spoke of but I think a late leaver after the season frees up a spot or two for the Kate signing period for a kid the staff liked how they developed their senior year.
I’ll say the class gets to 23.

So Bell's 247 profile says he took an unofficial to OSU on Friday, 6/15. Is he just taking another unofficial the next week or did he bump that visit back/move the visit you mentioned forward?
Never made it on the 15th. Apparently we (OSU) just got a commitment from Marcus Washington. It sounds like we will take 4 WRs.
Never made it on the 15th. Apparently Marcus Washington just committed to OSU. We (OSU) will probably take 4 WRs in this class. 2 spots are still available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT