ADVERTISEMENT

Customizable Field Turf

BoilerBiker

All-American
Oct 13, 2006
thought this was interesting
given our past surface discussions,
and this mock up space/astronaut theme.

new uniforms every week, to new fields every week.

"The new FieldTurf will be customizable in a variety of ways, allowing Houston to create new field designs on its synthetic surface for each home football game. For the upcoming 2020 season, fans can expect a new design for each home game."
"This is going to become art every week."

[the stadium is now also home to the xfl houston roughnecks]

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...side-look-into-UH-football-s-new-15071791.php

420x0.jpg

thought this was interesting
given our past surface discussions,
and this mock up space/astronaut theme.

new uniforms every week, to new fields every week.

"The new FieldTurf will be customizable in a variety of ways, allowing Houston to create new field designs on its synthetic surface for each home football game. For the upcoming 2020 season, fans can expect a new design for each home game."
"This is going to become art every week."

[the stadium is now also home to the xfl houston roughnecks]

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...side-look-into-UH-football-s-new-15071791.php

420x0.jpg

I like it.

The only thing it gets them is the ability to put something in the middle of the field, then remove it.

We can already do that (with a natural grass field) in the end zones and on the sidelines. (The train tracks were a phenomenal look, but difficult to replicate for each game.)

The train tracks were a phenomenal look, but difficult to replicate for each game.

I thought that they were excellent and always wondered why they were never used again. Something distinctive that I thought should be a permanent feature.

Reactions: Purdue85
Let's do it. The Ag department can have the practice field or the soccer field.

What's the big deal? We have a weekly customizable surface now. Just add water and players. Never the same from game 1 to game 6.

On at least one TV broadcast it was stated that the NCAA and/or BIG put the kibosh to it.

could be.

Altho', the quote I referenced was from the start of the season, so they knew it was a "one 'n done" type thing before any NCAA or B1G allegedly got their boxers in a wad.

besides, as regulated as that game is, the higher ups knew what would be on the field. NCAA member institutions don't just ad lib that sort of thing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT