ADVERTISEMENT

Curious about Kauffman

Maybe I’m thinking of Braden? I honestly don’t know exactly - just remember he had an injury
Braden had a screw in his foot and surgery last April or May??? Trey hurt his hand and maybe had surgery??? He did not play in the All Star game I think

Reactions: oldboiler52
Thanks. Didn't know about the foot injury. He definitely added some weight to his bones...
Slowed him down and unsure how much muscle he gained out of the weight. He will improve just don’t know where his body is in maturity

Reactions: SKYDOG
I have no reason to doubt this, but was thinking it was his hand and saw
this, "May 3, 2022He suffered a hand injury last summer that cost him a chance to play with Jaden Ivey and Caleb Furst at the U-19 World Cup."

and so maybe it was both????
And didn’t he also have an ankle injury in his senior year of high school?

I had never seen TKR play before this year, so I didn't know what to expect.

After 20+ games, it appears Painter is trying to utilize him in a similar role as Trevion. I actually thought TKR had a more balanced offensive game. It's really hard to tell because at this point TKR is being used almost exclusively in the low post.

It's obviously working for this years team but I wonder of TKR would want to be used predominately as a center in future years? Even post Edey?

After 20+ games, it appears Painter is trying to utilize him in a similar role as Trevion. I actually thought TKR had a more balanced offensive game. It's really hard to tell because at this point TKR is being used almost exclusively in the low post.

It's obviously working for this years team but I wonder of TKR would want to be used predominately as a center in future years? Even post Edey?
It really depends on TKR. Painter is playing him in the post because that is where his skills shine. If he improves his perimeter game, I’m sure he’ll get opportunities to play more outside.

Well Trey coming in was a 4 and if he got quicker possibly moving down a spot in "spots". However, he has bulked up some and does not seem quite as quick. In high school "video" and maybe tourney games he showed an ability to have a face up game and put the ball on the court, but again that was in highschool. He started out this year taking some threes and now you don't see that. All said I think once Zach leaves you will see a more versatile player. I'm a bit more concerned that Caleb's wrist turns sideways when shooting, because he already has the quickness at this level and if he had a "consistent shot" he would be a HUGE consistent threat for the opposition this year

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Well Trey coming in was a 4 and if he got quicker possibly moving down a spot in "spots". However, he has bulked up some and does not seem quite as quick. In high school "video" and maybe tourney games he showed an ability to have a face up game and put the ball on the court, but again that was in highschool. He started out this year taking some threes and now you don't see that. All said I think once Zach leaves you will see a more versatile player. I'm a bit more concerned that Caleb's wrist turns sideways when shooting, because he already has the quickness at this level and if he had a "consistent shot" he would be a HUGE consistent threat for the opposition this year
concerned about Caleb lately, he's been AWOL the last 4 games. I was expecting a bit more from a former Mr. Basketball in his 2nd yr of college

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT