ADVERTISEMENT

Criteria for next HC

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I wanted to trust and believe in Walters, but I believe he's lost this team and they've quit on him. That's extremely difficult to recover from.
That said, if MBob were putting together a criteria list for the next HC, what would it be:
Mine are:
1) HC experience, preferably at a P5 school, not a service academy and not someone who got lucky for 1 year (Hazell). Sorry, no more coordinators without HC experience.
2) Recruiting: values speed and athletes. Tiller took athletes and found a position for them, even if it wasn't what they were originally recruited for. Bunch of these types made the NFL.
3) Embraces NIL. It is what it is. You have to use it and it can be an equalizer to some extent.
4) Test consistently competitive and rarely get blown out. You play hard every down of every game, regardless of the score. Yeh, blowouts will happen, but a team quitting is a different story.
5) Doesn't believe in the notion that Purdue is at any sort of disadvantage.

I wanted to trust and believe in Walters, but I believe he's lost this team and they've quit on him. That's extremely difficult to recover from.
That said, if MBob were putting together a criteria list for the next HC, what would it be:
Mine are:
1) HC experience, preferably at a P5 school, not a service academy and not someone who got lucky for 1 year (Hazell). Sorry, no more coordinators without HC experience.
2) Recruiting: values speed and athletes. Tiller took athletes and found a position for them, even if it wasn't what they were originally recruited for. Bunch of these types made the NFL.
3) Embraces NIL. It is what it is. You have to use it and it can be an equalizer to some extent.
4) Test consistently competitive and rarely get blown out. You play hard every down of every game, regardless of the score. Yeh, blowouts will happen, but a team quitting is a different story.
5) Doesn't believe in the notion that Purdue is at any sort of disadvantage.
#1 eliminates just about anybody who would actually take the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT