ADVERTISEMENT

Credit Where Credit is Due

This team has more heart and grit than I gave them credit for. Good win today at MN. Great job!
A REALLY solid effort in the second half in particular and down the stretch in particular...especially defensively.

Spot on as well with playing with some genuine heart and grit as well...guys battled today...individually, and, collectively.

This is why I love Brohm. ALWAYS a threat to beat any team at any time. And always seems to step it up in big time games when most would coaches fold.
To think about how bad they looked a week ago, pretty much in every phase...really hard to reconcile with how they looked today.

It was not a perfect game by any means, particularly after the opening series for both the defense and offense for the rest of the first half almost, but, they were pretty solid in the second half, and, particularly in the 4th quarter...as a staff, and, on the field.

That was a quality effort and performance and a huge win. Brohm has had some real head scratchers...both ways...but, to your point, he has been at his best in some of the biggest games no doubt.

A bonus to have beaten PJ...and, to get a win there in Minneapolis...neither have happened as much as they seemingly should have.

There will always be players out for us and our opponents! Good teams overcome injuries, bad ones use injuries as excuses for their loss. Yes, Minn was without a couple of their key players. But so was Purdue! For every key Minn injury, I could name a key Purdue player that didn’t play. And AOC didn’t have a lot of practice time.

kudos go to our defense . Hopefully Taylor improves.

this game makes up for the Syracuse disaster! And the PSU loss looks like a quality loss. I have no idea what happened in the Illinois/UW game other than it was a surprising big blow out!

To think about how bad they looked a week ago, pretty much in every phase...really hard to reconcile with how they looked today.

It was not a perfect game by any means, particularly after the opening series for both the defense and offense for the rest of the first half almost, but, they were pretty solid in the second half, and, particularly in the 4th quarter...as a staff, and, on the field.

That was a quality effort and performance and a huge win. Brohm has had some real head scratchers...both ways...but, to your point, he has been at his best in some of the biggest games no doubt.

A bonus to have beaten PJ...and, to get a win there in Minneapolis...neither have happened as much as they seemingly should have.
I'd be interested to know his record in games against ranked opponents. If brohm could put it all together and cut out the Syracuse type losses we have every year, he could really have some special seasons here.

Reactions: drewjin and BSIT
I make no excuse for my admiration for him. Lifetime contact
Again, relative to what we have become accustomed to unfortunately, that might even be reasonable.

I knock him for any number of things, but, at the same time, I credit him for any other number of things...one thing he absolutely deserves some credit for is that he has won way more than a couple of games that he seemingly had no business doing so.

Today, without question, he won the coaching battle...and, it was not even close.

1960 or 1967? Beating a ranked opponent in Minneapolis.

Again, relative to what we have become accustomed to unfortunately, that might even be reasonable.

I knock him for any number of things, but, at the same time, I credit him for any other number of things...one thing he absolutely deserves some credit for is that he has won way more than a couple of games that he seemingly had no business doing so.

Today, without question, he won the coaching battle...and, it was not even close.
AOC not being 100% may have been a blessing in disguise by forcing him to run more and as a result discovered our future RB (Mock)

AOC not being 100% may have been a blessing in disguise by forcing him to run more and as a result discovered our future RB (Mock)
the D was really good, knew we had a chance when Morgan got sacked on that 3rd down pass when they had the Mo. I personally thought they were going to take over at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT