ADVERTISEMENT

Could it get more ridiculous?

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina

Either Trump still doesn't understand the DOJ is not his personal attack dog or he just doesn't care, doesn't think anyone is going to stand up to this bullshit.

To those that want to excuse this as just more Twitter ranting, you are wrong. This is crossing the line, AGAIN. Politics should have nothing to do with enforcing the law. He is willing to flaunt any rule or norm to win and make himself look better.

Either Trump still doesn't understand the DOJ is not his personal attack dog or he just doesn't care, doesn't think anyone is going to stand up to this bullshit.

To those that want to excuse this as just more Twitter ranting, you are wrong. This is crossing the line, AGAIN. Politics should have nothing to do with enforcing the law. He is willing to flaunt any rule or norm to win and make himself look better.
I'm not sure what the implied "ask" is here from the President. Both those cases have pretty strong evidence against the accused. It's not like these cases are shaky on the facts and lacking credibility. Is he saying it's ok to prosecute, but to wait until after early November or is he asking Sessions to spike the investigations entirely and ignore the evidence? Nothing is a swampy as insider trading and illegal use of campaign funds, so I'm not sure even how this advances the President's own positions on such behavior...it would seem to contradict it entirely.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
He tries to, once again, play the Obama card......while also blaming his own AG. No specifics, just blame everybody and let his soldiers fight the battle.

While Collins has been investigated for some time, the crux of the charges happened during the Trump admin.......when Collins made the calls on the WH lawn.

The DoJ is in much better hands now. than two years ago. I am sure you agree. If not, can you explain why.

The DoJ is in much better hands now. than two years ago. I am sure you agree. If not, can you explain why.
I thank God every day for Jeff Sessions. Not for his policies, which I mostly disagree with, but for his willingness to do the actual job of the AG and resist Trump's attempt at hijacking the justice system.

This isn't about Sessions vs. Holder. I guess you're trying to turn the thread into that argument........... I'm not shocked that's what you took from the tweet. I'm sure you are just waiting to post about the real point of the tweet until you can control your outrage.

Reactions: PurdueFan1
Just doing a heat check here.

JS is awesome for standing up to the President.

EH, who the President called his "Wing Man" and who was granted executive privelege so he wouldn't have to undergo constitutional oversight is also awesome and is being touted as a pres candidate.

I thought JS was a bigot racist.

What is going on here?

Last edited:
I thank God every day for Jeff Sessions. Not for his policies, which I mostly disagree with, but for his willingness to do the actual job of the AG and resist Trump's attempt at hijacking the justice system.

This isn't about Sessions vs. Holder. I guess you're trying to turn the thread into that argument........... I'm not shocked that's what you took from the tweet. I'm sure you are just waiting to post about the real point of the tweet until you can control your outrage.

LOL. I am hardly outraged. Not sure how one can even get that from a simple post. At this point, I would highly recomend you seek some psyche help for projection that is out of control.

What I took from the tweet is Trump thinks these investigations go on too long, and are more serious for one side than the other. As for the first point I tend to agree, these investigations and their lengths are adminsitrators protecting a paycheck. The second point I think time will tell- Will investigations get as serious on the democrat/DOJ side of the 2016 election?

As for if Trump is bullying Sessions or not with that tweet, I think he is mocking him for not getting on it earlier instead of right before an election. I do not see any request to stop an investigation. It is known these two do not like each other. Even Lindsey Grahm, a staunch supporter of Sessions a year ago has now said he should resign or be fired. He alluded to issues that are not publicly known as to why.

"This isn't about Sessions vs. Holder. I guess you're trying to turn the thread into that argument........... I'm not shocked that's what you took from the tweet."

I asked a simple question that unsurprisingly you did not answer. Not sure where this comes from. The reason you did not answer is related to my first point in this post. Accuse the Trump DOJ and the DOJ now of all these alleged misdeeds, it being his own watchdog or whatever you claim, when the reality is those transgressions occurred under the previous administration. That is projection.

Bottom line now there is DoJ and an AG that is actually investigating alleged abuses with election campaigns, an AG that recused himself from one investigation that has an independent counsel. An AG that stood up to Trump about what he felt was right and wrong. A head of FBI that has done nothing to impede said Independent Counsel.

Previous eight years an AG referred to the President as he was his wingman and that he was my boy. Wow. Another AG that took the fifth, met with a husband of a person running for office who was under investigation, and then the DoJ/FBI gets mad not when they met but that it was leaked. A FBI Director that wrote a paper detailing innocence of said candidate before investigation was complete. A DoJ that set up failed stings on Trump Campaign and got involved with foreign federal agents/spies/Russian oligarch to get dirt on an opposing political candidate.

So it was a bit about Holder by default but more about the DoJ in general under Trump and Obama. To me it is night and day. DoJ now is light years better. Not sure how that can really be argued but would like to hear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKYDOG
LOL. I am hardly outraged. Not sure how one can even get that from a simple post. At this point, I would highly recomend you seek some psyche help for projection that is out of control.

What I took from the tweet is Trump thinks these investigations go on too long, and are more serious for one side than the other. As for the first point I tend to agree, these investigations and their lengths are adminsitrators protecting a paycheck. The second point I think time will tell- Will investigations get as serious on the democrat/DOJ side of the 2016 election?

As for if Trump is bullying Sessions or not with that tweet, I think he is mocking him for not getting on it earlier instead of right before an election. I do not see any request to stop an investigation. It is known these two do not like each other. Even Lindsey Grahm, a staunch supporter of Sessions a year ago has now said he should resign or be fired. He alluded to issues that are not publicly known as to why.

"This isn't about Sessions vs. Holder. I guess you're trying to turn the thread into that argument........... I'm not shocked that's what you took from the tweet."

I asked a simple question that unsurprisingly you did not answer. Not sure where this comes from. The reason you did not answer is related to my first point in this post. Accuse the Trump DOJ and the DOJ now of all these alleged misdeeds, it being his own watchdog or whatever you claim, when the reality is those transgressions occurred under the previous administration. That is projection.

Bottom line now there is DoJ and an AG that is actually investigating alleged abuses with election campaigns, an AG that recused himself from one investigation that has an independent counsel. An AG that stood up to Trump about what he felt was right and wrong. A head of FBI that has done nothing to impede said Independent Counsel.

Previous eight years an AG referred to the President as he was his wingman and that he was my boy. Wow. Another AG that took the fifth, met with a husband of a person running for office who was under investigation, and then the DoJ/FBI gets mad not when they met but that it was leaked. A FBI Director that wrote a paper detailing innocence of said candidate before investigation was complete. A DoJ that set up failed stings on Trump Campaign and got involved with foreign federal agents/spies/Russian oligarch to get dirt on an opposing political candidate.

So it was a bit about Holder by default but more about the DoJ in general under Trump and Obama. To me it is night and day. DoJ now is light years better. Not sure how that can really be argued but would like to hear it.

Ah yes, you're "turning head" excuse of the day is....it's just a simple tweet!

If Obama said these exact words, your head would have exploded.

Ah yes, you're "turning head" excuse of the day is....it's just a simple tweet!

If Obama said these exact words, your head would have exploded.

Where did I turn my head? Adressed it in its entirety. If one gets more out of that tweet than that I would like to hear how and why. I simply do not see any ‘attack dog’ substance in this tweet.

Oh, and the silence and ignoring on how/why I think the DoJ is in much better shape now than it was speaks volumes. You all simply have nothing for it ,,,,,,, so,,,,,,,,hey lets attack the poster.

Man, you need a sarcasm meter. Of course you aren't outraged, that's the problem.

"What I took from the tweet is Trump thinks these investigations go on too long, and are more serious for one side than the other.”

What I took from the tweet is the POTUS would prefer that his AG protect Trump's political allies to maintain his majority in the midterms......and that the AG should adjust the timing of his prosecution for political considerations. How the hell do you make it a timing issue? This isn't the Mueller investigation. The prosecution happens when the fact finding of the investigation is complete. Period. The only timing issue brought up was that the investigations started during Obama, but what does that have to with anything? You have NO information, nor does Trump, as to why the investigations took the time they did.......yet you come to the conclusion that they took too long. As I posted, you do realize that Collins committed one of his crimes on the WH lawn during Trump admin? You do realize Hunter was illegally using campaign funds in 2017? This argument about the length of the investigation is just BS considering both were still breaking laws during the Trump admin.

You're obviously an intelligent guy so if you totally ignore the clear problem with what Trump tweeted I must conclude you just don't want to see it. These guys are the worst kind if swamp creatures and they will go down. The "law and order candidate" and "Drain the swamp" president is saying the AG should change DOJ procedures for political purposes.

Of course Trump is bullying Sessions, he has done during his entire presidency. I did not see any request by Trump to stop an investigation either........I DIDN'T SAY he was. He just wanted Sessions to hold up the announcement and prosecution until after the election. You have no problem with that?

No, I'm not going to get into a Holder vs Sessions argument. This isn't about Sessions ability to do his job. Its about Trump trying to pressure the DOJ to do his bidfing. You totally blew off the glaringly obvious point of the tweet and tried to turn it into an yet another Obama referendum. That's called DEFLECTION.

Man, you need a sarcasm meter. Of course you aren't outraged, that's the problem.

"What I took from the tweet is Trump thinks these investigations go on too long, and are more serious for one side than the other.”

What I took from the tweet is the POTUS would prefer that his AG protect Trump's political allies to maintain his majority in the midterms......and that the AG should adjust the timing of his prosecution for political considerations. How the hell do you make it a timing issue? This isn't the Mueller investigation. The prosecution happens when the fact finding of the investigation is complete. Period. The only timing issue brought up was that the investigations started during Obama, but what does that have to with anything? You have NO information, nor does Trump, as to why the investigations took the time they did.......yet you come to the conclusion that they took too long. As I posted, you do realize that Collins committed one of his crimes on the WH lawn during Trump admin? You do realize Hunter was illegally using campaign funds in 2017? This argument about the length of the investigation is just BS considering both were still breaking laws during the Trump admin.

You're obviously an intelligent guy so if you totally ignore the clear problem with what Trump tweeted I must conclude you just don't want to see it. These guys are the worst kind if swamp creatures and they will go down. The "law and order candidate" and "Drain the swamp" president is saying the AG should change DOJ procedures for political purposes.

Of course Trump is bullying Sessions, he has done during his entire presidency. I did not see any request by Trump to stop an investigation either........I DIDN'T SAY he was. He just wanted Sessions to hold up the announcement and prosecution until after the election. You have no problem with that?

No, I'm not going to get into a Holder vs Sessions argument. This isn't about Sessions ability to do his job. Its about Trump trying to pressure the DOJ to do his bidfing. You totally blew off the glaringly obvious point of the tweet and tried to turn it into an yet another Obama referendum. That's called DEFLECTION.

As for politics, tough to get outraged or surprised by much anymore. Take the debt/deficit for example. Both parties campaign against it, especially against an incumbent. Sell some stuff how the future is being mortgaged away to China, etc. Then get in office, and the debt/deficit blows up, and that politician and the voters affiliated with that party in office suddenly are all good with it.

It is that way across the spectrum of issues. Look at Russia, same deal there. Being friendly with them is ok and supported, but only when my party was in charge. Same with border security and immigration. Said party wants security and immigration reform, another wants it and they are racist, do not care about migrants, etc. Can go on and on.

I pay attention to it mostly due to defense contracting and investments.

What I took from the tweet is the POTUS would prefer that his AG protect Trump's political allies to maintain his majority in the midterms......and that the AG should adjust the timing of his prosecution for political considerations. How the hell do you make it a timing issue? This isn't the Mueller investigation. The prosecution happens when the fact finding of the investigation is complete. Period. The only timing issue brought up was that the investigations started during Obama, but what does that have to with anything? You have NO information, nor does Trump, as to why the investigations took the time they did.......yet you come to the conclusion that they took too long. As I posted, you do realize that Collins committed one of his crimes on the WH lawn during Trump admin? You do realize Hunter was illegally using campaign funds in 2017? This argument about the length of the investigation is just BS
considering both were still breaking laws during the Trump admin.

That is fair, especially if it is true about Collins that he was found out in 2017. I think the case for illegal use of campaign funds out in CA, if started under Obama, for Hunter is to long. Heck hey had him paying off 1100 over draft fees, private school tuition, groceries, an a garage door well over a year ago. Hard to get more black and white than that.

Opinion vary on the first sentence there. Drain the Swamp, MAGA, Hope and Change, A future to Believe In, Our best America yet, Make America Sane Again-all catchy campaign slogans that roughly mean the same thing. Just not happening IMO.

I do not deny Trump tries to be a bully and/or mocks people. That is his MO, has been his MO, even during campaign. It is who he is. Have stated before I do not like it, even that Pence would become President so there was at least some candor and professionalism coming out of WH.

I did not infer the wanting him to hold it up. As for that timing deal, not sure what to think. I had an issue with Comey coming out four days before the election and saying investigation was still open/opened back up as well. That was worse IMO, at least here there is time for a rebuttal. The issue I have with this is unfortunately I see politicians/DOJ, using this as a weapon to hurt adversaries before an election in the future. Whether they are rel charges or not. Just the way politics is right now.

No, I'm not going to get into a Holder vs Sessions argument. This isn't about Sessions ability to do his job. Its about Trump trying to pressure the DOJ to do his bidfing. You totally blew off the glaringly obvious point of the tweet and tried to turn it into an yet another Obama referendum. That's called DEFLECTION

No, it is not deflection. If you go back up through the thread you will see where I addressed it on more than one occasion. Since it was addressed it is not deflection. That would be a difference of opinion.

I simply asked my question/stated my thought about the DoJ now compared to what it was. Operating much better now-JMO. It is not operating better now because of Trump he obviously has issues with Mueller and Sessions. But they are doing their jobs. That said it is operating better now with Obama and Comey gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT