ADVERTISEMENT

Cornel Jones Injured and Needs Help

Boiler Nation,

Former player Cornel Jones was recently injured in a serious auto accident. Consider making a donation to help him out.

Always a Boilermaker!

Mike

Very sad to hear.

Seems that auto insurance should cover at least some of those bills ...?

Very sad to hear.

Seems that auto insurance should cover at least some of those bills ...?
I feel for the kid, it's a long road to recovery.

Your second point compels me to make my standard advisement:

Folks, find out if you have Medical Payments Coverage and, if so, how much. It's no-fault coverage to help with medical bills if you're in an accident, regardless of whether it's caused by, you, a 3rd party or just a pure accident like it appears this is. It's not that expensive, but it sure helps with peace of mind knowing that there's plenty there if you need it because $1k, or $3k, or even $5k will get eaten up in a heartbeat at the ER. Personally, we carry $10k because that's double our annual out-of-pocket max for our health insurance. So if I'm in a bad crash in December, I can have enough to cover my OOP max then AND the following year as well.

Also, look into your Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage and see how much it costs to kick it up a notch. It's like additional life insurance or catastrophic injury insurance. 1 out of 7 drivers in Indiana is uninsured. Who knows how many more have only $25k minimum coverage. Even "good" coverage at $100k is not enough in the event of a catastrophic injury. I see it constantly and it's just heartbreaking to see someone a life altering injury caused by someone else and only be able to walk away with $8k as "compensation" because of the coverage limits.

Godspeed Mr. Jones!

Folks, find out if you have Medical Payments Coverage and, if so, how much. It's no-fault coverage to help with medical bills if you're in an accident, regardless of whether it's caused by, you, a 3rd party or just a pure accident like it appears this is. It's not that expensive, but it sure helps with peace of mind knowing that there's plenty there if you need it because $1k, or $3k, or even $5k will get eaten up in a heartbeat at the ER. Personally, we carry $10k because that's double our annual out-of-pocket max for our health insurance. So if I'm in a bad crash in December, I can have enough to cover my OOP max then AND the following year as well.

Also, look into your Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage and see how much it costs to kick it up a notch. It's like additional life insurance or catastrophic injury insurance. 1 out of 7 drivers in Indiana is uninsured. Who knows how many more have only $25k minimum coverage. Even "good" coverage at $100k is not enough in the event of a catastrophic injury. I see it constantly and it's just heartbreaking to see someone a life altering injury caused by someone else and only be able to walk away with $8k as "compensation" because of the coverage limits.

Godspeed Mr. Jones!
Thank you, great advice. I am hoping he has some of that.

Godspeed Mr. Jones!

Can this all be taken care of through a State Farm agent?

Reactions: DAG10
Boiler Nation,

Former player Cornel Jones was recently injured in a serious auto accident. Consider making a donation to help him out.

Always a Boilermaker!

Mike

Seems like a very worthwhile reason to give. Insurance is a complicated subject even if you’re an adult he’s lived in the real world for a bit. I feel for the family, I wish him a very speedy recovery!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT