ADVERTISEMENT

Cool Stat

punaj

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Liberty, KY
From: http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ngs-oklahoma-virginia-north-carolina-maryland

"Curious stat regarding the Boilermakers’ two-headed center that I stumbled upon while doing blocked-shot research:

Although senior A.J. Hammons (10.4% block percentage) is a more frequent swatter than sophomore Isaac Haas (7.0%), Purdue keeps a far higher ratio of Haas’s blocks. The Boilers have rebounded a remarkable 84% of Haas’s rejections, compared to 52.8% of Hammons’s."

Reactions: WarBoiler44
A lot of AJ's are airborne. A lot of Haas' are guys just running and shooting it into his arms underestimating his size. He's swatting the ball less than AJ, but still effective. JMHO.

Reactions: *4purdue* and punaj
From: http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ngs-oklahoma-virginia-north-carolina-maryland

"Curious stat regarding the Boilermakers’ two-headed center that I stumbled upon while doing blocked-shot research:

Although senior A.J. Hammons (10.4% block percentage) is a more frequent swatter than sophomore Isaac Haas (7.0%), Purdue keeps a far higher ratio of Haas’s blocks. The Boilers have rebounded a remarkable 84% of Haas’s rejections, compared to 52.8% of Hammons’s."
AJ tends to block shots from off the ball or from a slight trailing position. This often results in the direction of travel of the blocked ball being toward the baseline (out of bounds). Haas tends only to block shots directly in front of him thus fewer blocks but more of them being recoverable. Both are good.

Reactions: Heller
AJ tends to block shots from off the ball or from a slight trailing position. This often results in the direction of travel of the blocked ball being toward the baseline (out of bounds). Haas tends only to block shots directly in front of him thus fewer blocks but more of them being recoverable. Both are good.

I'd also like to see the "stat" on how many times each of them has blocked a shot without leaving the floor....seems like there have been quite a few of those this year.

H & H Block
Your SWAT Expert
Accepting Intern positions......

Reactions: nagemj02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT