ADVERTISEMENT

Continued discussion from KHC thread "Texas A&M and Gator Bowl"

Lifetimeboiler

True Freshman
Feb 4, 2019
As promised I have compiled the relevant posts regarding the discussion around covid and the vaccines from this thread and I am posting them here so as not to clog up KHC with our arguing back and forth. I'm a few days late but still willing to answer any questions and discuss the topic.

The facts are clear. The vaccines do not prevent transmission. I speak as one of the many who have been fully vaccinated, followed all the rules, and still caught Covid. Viruses will do what virus will do.

We’re you hospitalized? How sick did you get?

No hospitalization. I had a runny nose, a mild fever, and felt a little run-down for about 36 hours. My blood oxygen never dropped below 98%. I would compare my experience to an average bout with a seasonal cold. No big deal and I was shocked when I tested positive.

By far, the worst part was losing my sense of smell and taste for about 1-2 months. If you enjoy good food (as I do), this sucks. Imagine not being able to “smell the difference” between a good IPA and a Miller Light.

Thank the vaccine for your mild issues.

But what about me? Unvaccinated and had covid. Also experienced mild symptoms. Had dizziness the first morning, lost taste and smell for 10 days. Worst part was that after the symptoms I still tested positive for about 5 weeks. Should I thank the vaccinated too?

Good fortune.

My friend grandma is 97 in January. Two a pack a day smoker her whole life. Never a cancer scare. Is smoking really not dangerous?

What's the point of this post other than to be argumentative? You were fortunate to have few symptoms, be thankful for that.

That would be relevant except for one little stat. Worldwide 2% of people who get covid die from covid or related complications. Worldwide 67% of smokers die from smoking and related complications.

one anecdotal versus another anecdotal. And at these spread rates 2% s hit a low number.

Hard numbers then, worldwide smoking kills 7+million a year. Covid has killed 5.8 million in the last 2 years and by all accounts is becoming less severe (deadly) as we speak.

Doesn't answer the question of why you posted your anecdote as though it was relevant in any way, shape, or form.

Just as relevant as the original poster I responded to asking someone if they were hospitalized and what their symptoms were… figured since there are 2 sides to the equation here it would be reasonable to have an example from each side. Because reading the posts I responded to, it seems fair to think that the post I responded to was trying to insinuate that someone that had been vaccinated and then got covid only had a mild case because of said vaccine. Which that is just not true. Many many people have had mild or asymptomatic cases without the vaccine. In fact that’s almost all we heard about before the vaccine was released “watch out for asymptomatic and mild cases because they can still spread it” Sorry Mr. board police, I’ll run my next post past you.

How, exactly, do you know it's not true? The outcomes of infections are extremely diverse. You got lucky, and a lot of other people get lucky, but it is not really in question as to whether your chances of a positive outcome are better or worse with a vaccine. I mean literally no one (other than you?) would argue that the vaccines are effective at reducing the likelihood of severe outcomes of COVID infection.

You chose to roll the dice and came out healthy. That's a good outcome. That's not everyone's outcome. Not by a longshot.

I know it’s not true because I had a mild case with no vaccine. As did all the mild cases before the vaccine… the vaccine isn’t the only way to have mild cases. That’s what I said and I stand by it. The insinuation that a case is mild because of the vaccine and would be a hospitalization or death without is simply untrue. That’s all I have to say to you. If you can’t understand it from all of this I can’t help you.

So do you agree with the numerous studies that have been done showing you are significantly less likely by several multiples to have serious symptoms (hospitalization or death) if vaccinated compared to the unvaccinated? You’re implying you don’t.

Give me some time after work, I’ll move to the general discussion board and post the whole relevant thread from here verbatim and answer any questions you have. I’m done hijacking this post

The vaccine is a dead end. The virus has already mutated away from it, transforming from a lung disease to an upper respiratory illness.

The vaccine is completely useless for preventing spread, and the c19 pcr test is useless for diagnosing the disease.

In short, our entire c19 apparatus is at this point about continuing the panic and profits, not about health

- c19 should now be managed by diet and exercise, and overall health.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT