ADVERTISEMENT

Contemptible Bannon

BuilderBob6

All-American
Jan 27, 2007
North Carolina
So he completely blows off a subpoena, claiming trump had asserted executive privilege........even though Bannon had not worked in the WH since 2017.

This weekend, Trump sends a letter to Bannon saying he is waiving executive privilege.

Bannon then agrees to testify before the committee...... obviously a stunt a week before his trial is to begin.

But then it's revealed that Trump's attorney told the FBI last week that trump had never invoked executive privilege that would keep Bannon from testifying.

A cluster, probably what he was going for.

But today, a judge ruled the trial would go forward, no delays, and shot down several defense arguments.

Trump was hoping he could get Bannon in front of the committee on TV to help him out. When that wasn't going to happen, he hung him out to dry.

In the words of Bannon's lawyer, "What's the point of going to trial if there is no defense?"

No pardon for this one Steve.

Yes, regular Americans really care about Steve Bannon right now.
As much as SCOTUS judges eating at Morton's or apologizing to border agents?

This is your answer to everything about election interference. You can say it as much as you need to convince yourself, but it doesn't make it true.

Trump sure seems to care being that he posts about it everyday on "Truth" social.

People are paying attention, especially some big money republican donors. Cassidy Hutchinson......who btw is in hiding after her testimony.......had a huge effect.

This is your answer to everything about election interference. You can say it as much as you need to convince yourself, but it doesn't make it true.

Trump sure seems to care being that he posts about it everyday on "Truth" social.

People are paying attention, especially some big money republican donors. Cassidy Hutchinson......who btw is in hiding after her testimony.......had a huge effect.
I think the heavily Hispanic Texas Congressional district who elected a Republican Representative for the first time in over 100 years cares more about the record 250k illegal entries each month. And support the CPB - many who live in their district. IIRC her husband is a CPB agent. So I guess it matters.

CH: And are you aware that the 2 career secret servicemen who were present in the SUV say her double hearsay testimony is false. If the 1/6 commission seeks the truth why have these 2 secret servicemen not been subpoenaed ?

And if the two agents both contradict her testimony which was given under oath should she not be prosecuted for lying to Congress.

Independent Bobby Rule 47: “Nobody is Above the Law.”

Do you think any of this will change votes? I haven’t seen anything regarding January 6th when polls are released of what Americans care about the most. And I’ll take your word for it on what Trump says on whatever “Truth” social is. I don’t have that.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I think the heavily Hispanic Texas Congressional district who elected a Republican Representative for the first time in over 100 years cares more about the record 250k illegal entries each month. And support the CPB - many who live in their district. IIRC her husband is a CPB agent. So I guess it matters.

CH: And are you aware that the 2 career secret servicemen who were present in the SUV say her double hearsay testimony is false. If the 1/6 commission seeks the truth why have these 2 secret servicemen not been subpoenaed ?

And if the two agents both contradict her testimony which was given under oath should she not be prosecuted for lying to Congress.

She didn't purge herself. She made it clear she didn't have first hand information, never witnessed anything and was told this happened.
Her testimony would never have been admissible in a court of law.
This circus however, allows anyone to testify as long as it fits their agenda.

And I’ll take your word for it on what Trump says on whatever “Truth” social is. I don’t have that.
truth social > twitter
truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

Here's a rule for you. Using a kids name in your reply makes you look like an ass and takes away from your cred.

I'm certainly aware of the what the secret service agents have said. I'm sure you're aware that Cassidy wasn't saying she heard it directly, she was repeating what she was told
Do you think any of this will change votes? I haven’t seen anything regarding January 6th when polls are released of what Americans care about the most. And I’ll take your word for it on what Trump says on whatever “Truth” social is. I don’t have that.
I don't know.....but that's not the point.

For the first time in the HISTORY of this country, a candidate tried to overturn an election. We are going to find out how it happened, who was involved........and if they broke the law, hold them accountable.

Interesting article in today’s NYT “Half of GOP Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds”. Jan 6 hearings are mentioned as having an effect

1. They were not under oath when they said that. 2. She said from the beginning that she had not seen the incident. 3. The driver has not yet spoken about what happened.

She didn't purge herself. She made it clear she didn't have first hand information, never witnessed anything and was told this happened.
I wonder if Cassidy Hutchinson is related to Christine Blasey Ford?

I didn't say the border agent story didn't matter. I was referring to threads started on this board that some think are important relative to others. Bannon ignored a subpoena regarding his knowledge of Jan 6 and is going to trial for it.

As was said, Hutchinson was just repeating what she was told......and two agents have backed up her account.

I'm aware of what the other agents said. Nobody is denying Trump was really pissed off and wanted to go to the Capitol. Nobody.

What likely happened was Ornato......who was there and relayed the story to Hutchinson, embellished the story when he told the story to others. Trump was so pissed he lunged at the driver or grabbed an agent. But again, no one has denied that he was mad and wanted to go to the Capitol.

What else you got? She testified on camera that day for two hours. Besides trump, who has come out with denials about her testimony? You gonna dismiss everything else she said because a story she was told might not be completely true......and is meaningless when it comes to the point of the story?

Personally I think they didn't need to talk about trump reaching or grabbing. Just show he was mad and was insisting on going to the Capitol.

I’ll agree. If this was an actual trial the defense would have motioned for here say and they judge would have stopped her when she said, “I heard from somebody.” My point is that this is not a truth seeking mission because this “witness” was crap. But keep it up because the Dems keep getting closer to a match up with a unbeatable Desantis.

Here's a rule for you. Using a kids name in your reply makes you look like an ass and takes away from your cred.

I'm certainly aware of the what the secret service agents have said. I'm sure you're aware that Cassidy wasn't saying she heard it directly, she was repeating what she was told

For the first time in the HISTORY of this country, a candidate tried to overturn an election. We are going to find out how it happened, who was involved........and if they broke the law, hold them accountable.
Which kids name did I use? And why hasn’t the 1/6 commission requested testimony from the agents? Is this commission about the truth?

1. They were not under oath when they said that. 2. She said from the beginning that she had not seen the incident. 3. The driver has not yet spoken about what happened.
No legitimate hearing will waste time on double here say. IB doesn’t like when I brag about my experience but as somebody who has been involved in the prosecution of federal corruption cases I would have stopped her immediately in an interview when she said, “I heard that…”

You do realize that these witnesses have pre interviews so the committee knew about the story and the fact that they allowed it to be entered poisons the legitimacy and integrity of the committee. At minimum they should have verified her story w/the USSS which understand they did not do and anyone with integrity would have. But TBH I ain’t really following this.

I didn't say the border agent story didn't matter. I was referring to threads started on this board that some think are important relative to others. Bannon ignored a subpoena regarding his knowledge of Jan 6 and is going to trial for it.

As was said, Hutchinson was just repeating what she was told......and two agents have backed up her account.

I'm aware of what the other agents said. Nobody is denying Trump was really pissed off and wanted to go to the Capitol. Nobody.

What likely happened was Ornato......who was there and relayed the story to Hutchinson, embellished the story when he told the story to others. Trump was so pissed he lunged at the driver or grabbed an agent. But again, no one has denied that he was mad and wanted to go to the Capitol.

What else you got? She testified on camera that day for two hours. Besides trump, who has come out with denials about her testimony? You gonna dismiss everything else she said because a story she was told might not be completely true......and is meaningless when it comes to the point of the story?

Personally I think they didn't need to talk about trump reaching or grabbing. Just show he was mad and was insisting on going to the Capitol.
This article again is from people who were not there. We know the agents, why don’t they testify? I’m not following this waste of money but is there a reason they haven’t?

Which kids name did I use? And why hasn’t the 1/6 commission requested testimony from the agents? Is this commission about the truth?
I suspect that they have not followed up because it is not really relevant to the main point of the hearings and because it was known from the beginning that it was hearsay evidence. No one thought she actually witnessed it because she stated from the beginning that she did not.

I suspect that they have not followed up because it is not really relevant to the main point of the hearings and because it was known from the beginning that it was hearsay evidence. No one thought she actually witnessed it because she stated from the beginning that she did not.
What is the main point of the hearing, if not to find the truth?

What is the main point of the hearing, if not to find the truth?
I am making the point that in terms of the entire hearing and the testimony of a great many people, this was a very minor (meaninglessness) statement that was known and accepted as hearsay. You do not agree - I get it! So, we have to agree to disagree.

I am making the point that in terms of the entire hearing and the testimony of a great many people, this was a very minor (meaninglessness) statement that was known and accepted as hearsay. You do not agree - I get it! So, we have to agree to disagree.
If it was meaningless why have her testify to someting with no validity only heresay that wouldn't be allowed in a real hearing?
The point trying to be made follows suite with the point of this whole circus, to make Trump look bad.
And Trump is eating it up. He has been out of office for 17 monthes and he is still living in the Dems heads.
I don't disagree with you. I think the whole month long, 3rd impeachment circus of a no longer sitting POTUS, is meaningless.

Obviously, you‘er not a golfer.

• Haha
Reactions: TopSecretBoiler

The FBI at one point seemed to say otherwise, Bob.

Do you trust the FBI on this matter?

Do you think an FBI executive should testify to clarify its position and role - or would you rather not know and just accept its findings from last year?

The FBI at one point seemed to say otherwise, Bob.

Do you trust the FBI on this matter?

Do you think an FBI executive should testify to clarify its position and role - or would you rather not know and just accept its findings from last year?

Twitter > FBI

• Haha
This article says it all pretty well.
Also, Engel and Ornato had already given depositions before the committee before Hutchinson appeared.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022...uld-release-the-engel-and-ornato-depositions/

But the plot thickens......
Ray Epps says the truth needs to come out.

Do you agree with him?

Obviously, you‘er not a golfer.
the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.gif

Reactions: ecouch
Ray Epps says the truth needs to come out.

Do you agree with him?

Lol. You got taken by the Examiner. They selectively pieced that one together. Read what he really said. Read what the truth is he's talking about. He wants to sue Carlson and Revolver you dumbass.

Epps and his wife are seeking a lawyer to help them file a defamation lawsuit against many of the individuals who pushed the fake story, per the Times.

You think this quote " I am at the center of this thing, and it’s the biggest farce that’s ever been,” Epps said. “It’s just not right. The American people are being led down a path. I think it should be criminal.” means he's saying......what? What farce is he talking about? What path is he talking about?

Lol. You got taken by the Examiner. They selectively pieced that one together. Read what he really said. Read what the truth is he's talking about. He wants to sue Carlson and Revolver you dumbass.

Epps and his wife are seeking a lawyer to help them file a defamation lawsuit against many of the individuals who pushed the fake story, per the Times.

You think this quote " I am at the center of this thing, and it’s the biggest farce that’s ever been,” Epps said. “It’s just not right. The American people are being led down a path. I think it should be criminal.” means he's saying......what? What farce is he talking about? What path is he talking about?
“you dumbass”? Name calling just like your hero, President Donald J. Trump.

I can tell you one thing. A trend has started over the last several years and it goes like this. Media has a bombshell story, but the people they interview are anonymous. Said story ends up being total BS.

Here you have two anonymous "agents". From my understanding those that were in the vehicle with Trump are the ones that said Cassidy's story was bogus, AND they were willing to testify. No anonymity.

Last edited:
Then why was she there? She was billed as some major witnessed and from the way the media handled it, that part of her testimony is what they focused on the most. The committee should have instructed her not to talk about anything that was hearsay and stick to what she personally witnessed, if they had any integrity at all. Which they don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joetboiler
I can tell you one thing. A trend has started over the last several years and it goes like this. Media has a bombshell story, but the people they interview are anonymous. Said story ends up being total BS.

Here you have two anonymous "agents". From my understanding those that were in the vehicle with Trump are the ones that said Cassidy's story was bogus, AND they were willing to testify. No anonymity.
No, only sources say the secret services agents are willing to testify. It's the same thing you're saying about the media sources.

This story is far from over. There is much going on behind the scenes on this one.

I thought liberals were the ones that weren't patient enough to wait for a story to play out?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
No, only sources say the secret services agents are willing to testify. It's the same thing you're saying about the media sources.

This story is far from over. There is much going on behind the scenes on this one.

I thought liberals were the ones that weren't patient enough to wait for a story to play out?
There is much going on behind the scenes? Link? And the “story” will go on as long as the liberal media wants to keep it in the “news”. They’ve got their orders of distracting from how bad Biden is and that’s why people like you won’t and can’t get let it go. Anything to distract from how bad Biden is. You voted for it and won’t acknowledge it.

Not sure why you linked that article. I didn't read all of it but the parts I did read did not back your stance in any way.
What stance are you referring to?

My stance is that whether or not trump grabbed for the wheel is irrelevant. Everyone agrees he was pissed off the secret service wouldn't let him go to the Capitol, which he clearly wanted to do. That's the point the article makes.

The difference being that they say they are willing to testify. That would make them not anonymous no?

Reactions: BSIT
ADVERTISEMENT