ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Ricardo Allen

jberry5

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 17, 2003
Per his Instagram page, Ricardo has called it a career. Happy for him, but will miss seeing him on the field. Was really hoping to see him win that ring last week for him and with myself being a Bengals fan. Will never forget him coming to the kids in the South End Zone during those bad years, loss after loss, he’d always make sure to come over and give any kid waiting a high five or the occasional wristband. Glad we got to see him play one last time in person this past fall in Detroit

Per his Instagram page, Ricardo has called it a career. Happy for him, but will miss seeing him on the field. Was really hoping to see him win that ring last week for him and with myself being a Bengals fan. Will never forget him coming to the kids in the South End Zone during those bad years, loss after loss, he’d always make sure to come over and give any kid waiting a high five or the occasional wristband. Glad we got to see him play one last time in person this past fall in Detroit
Will be interesting to see what we does in "retirement" now.

He was one of my favorite players from the Hope era.

He has said he would like to coach, his dream would be as an OC.

During all those bad years? Wasn’t this his first year in Cincy? What are you remembering?

Do we have any more openings?
This past offseason when they were talking about potential landing spots for Ricardo, they said it was between the Bengals as a veteran backup or with the Rams as an assistant coach. Rams connection was one of his former coaches in Atlanta, Raheem Morris, now the Rams DC.

Reactions: ChemE Grad
Now that I think about it, didn't he house one off Cousins the following week?
Yes I believe so.. one thing I don’t like about our fan base at times .. and this could be all fan bases … is that we don’t always remember past players who weren’t necessarily in the echelon of a free brees or stu or Keyes, Woodson etc ..

Man id pay to watch a lot of players past right now and Allen is definitely one of them.

still can’t believe he came with OJ Ross and we thought Ross was the big get 😂😂

Yes I believe so.. one thing I don’t like about our fan base at times .. and this could be all fan bases … is that we don’t always remember past players who weren’t necessarily in the echelon of a free brees or stu or Keyes, Woodson etc ..

Man id pay to watch a lot of players past right now and Allen is definitely one of them.

I remember how excited everyone was to get Ross. Hope snagged some talented guys and had some bad luck with injuries before everything spiraled. As a Falcons fan, I was glad to be able to cheer for Ricardo for a really long time.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020

He was one of the few bright spots in some dismal years. I remember him picking I think Indiana State off to seal the win. Brutal times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT