ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the team today

Dandelion1972

Sophomore
Aug 24, 2002
West Lafayette
The offense came through with a game winning drive.

The defense played pretty well the whole game, but made a great stop on their last drive.

For that final drive, we didn't play the prevent defense and the D line put a little pressure on.

Wasn't perfect, but Iowa is a good team and we beat them.

I get it, it's frustrating when mistakes are made in the game, and it's OK to vent here.

But the team didn't panic, but kept working their rears off (Xander anyone?)!

The offense came through with a game winning drive.

The defense played pretty well the whole game, but made a great stop on their last drive.

For that final drive, we didn't play the prevent defense and the D line put a little pressure on.

Wasn't perfect, but Iowa is a good team and we beat them.

I get it, it's frustrating when mistakes are made in the game, and it's OK to vent here.

But the team didn't panic, but kept working their rears off (Xander anyone?)!
Absolutely glad they didn’t play prevent defense on the final drive. That strategy almost never works.

Good to finally get an opening win in the books.

What we learned today
• AOC is still pretty young and needs to grow in the QB role, time and reps will help that.
• Oline looked much better, still gave up a few things, but blocking appeared improved.
• Dline wasn't as solid as I'd would have hoped for
• Dbackfield seemed to bend but not break but feel this may had more to do with their QB--had he been more accurate we'd be in trouble
• D overall appeared more aggressive and made stops and had take aways--NICE JOB D.
• Special teams were okay
• It will be good to watch film, make tweaks, work on things, shake off the rust, and get ready for Illinois

I personnaly had a great day being outside with friends watching the game, throwing the football, celebrating the win. This may be a new thing for me ... well, until they open the stadium next month.

Oh, I didn't care for the social justice messaging on Iowa so now I understsnd why they are our most hated rival--He_Hate_Me. 😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT