ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Drew and the Saints!

I cannot believe the Panthers intercepting that pass instead of taking the ball over at the 50.
I cannot believe the announcers were saying if Gano didn't miss the FG they would be in FG shape, well if it would have been a 2 pt. game, Payton would have punted at midield.

Reactions: pboiler18
I cannot believe the Panthers intercepting that pass instead of taking the ball over at the 50.
I'm not so sure it was intercepted. It looked to me as he didn't have full control or even close to it. I was more than surprised it wasn't reviewed.

I'm not so sure it was intercepted. It looked to me as he didn't have full control or even close to it. I was more than surprised it wasn't reviewed.
also was surprised it wasn't reviewed, the game did move fast and wasn't hindered by so many replays esp. on caught passes.

also was surprised it wasn't reviewed, the game did move fast and wasn't hindered by so many replays esp. on caught passes.
That's a very good thing. On a sidebar, I would certainly like to see replacement refs. I have never seen such bad officiating as this year. Spotting of the ball is way off several times a game.

Amen!
N. O. Defense bailed out coach Payton and Drew at the end. Whew!
Drew has been carrying that team for over a decade. He's owed more than a few bail outs. Reminds me of Peyton's super bowl run with the Broncos. Unfortunately this Saints defense is nowhere near as good (solid but that was the #1 D in the league), but Drew's arm hasn't become a wet spaghetti noodle like Peyton's either.

Brees avoided the sack AND avoided the incompletion by inducing the interception with the high heave, buying 16 yards in field position. Considering the Panthers then drove as close as the Saints' 21, Brees' play helped his defense, big time. Carolina burned 22 seconds making up the yardage difference.

It wasn't quite Rope a Dope, but the thrown punt sure didn't hurt.

Reactions: BoilerTom90
It would take a lot of awareness in that situation, as a DB, to bat the ball down rather than intercept it. In every other situation, DBs intercept if they can. Moreover, no one would be asking that question now if he had intercepted, stayed in bound, and ran it back past the original line of scrimmage or, better yet, for a pick six.

It would take a lot of awareness in that situation, as a DB, to bat the ball down rather than intercept it. In every other situation, DBs intercept if they can. Moreover, no one would be asking that question now if he had intercepted, stayed in bound, and ran it back past the original line of scrimmage or, better yet, for a pick six.

Often it is a matter of luck who wins these play off games. You just try to be in a position to be lucky.

plus they are trying to pad their stats so they can make more $.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I second that emotion, hey Boiler grad in Texas, I was pretty spot on about the Falcons( Chokers)- Eagles game yesterday.

Yes....though I wouldn't call that an easy win. :) Another letdown for Falcons fans.....2012 against San Francisco, last year's Super Bowl, and this year.....they are really honing the skills on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. After beating the Rams convincingly.....looked like they might be positioned well.

Yes....though I wouldn't call that an easy win. :) Another letdown for Falcons fans.....2012 against San Francisco, last year's Super Bowl, and this year.....they are really honing the skills on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. After beating the Rams convincingly.....looked like they might be positioned well.
never said easy win, said easy $ ( eagles 2 1/2 home dogs.

never said easy win, said easy $ ( eagles 2 1/2 home dogs.

Ha-ha, yes.....don't spend it all in one place, Pa. Who you got for the NFC Championship? ....another coin flip to me. Three of the four franchises left have never won a Super Bowl, and I actually would have liked the Eagles to go all the way if Wentz hadn't been injured. Could be Vikes/Patriots, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. No surprise three of the the top four defenses are still playing. New England is the outlier, but they have been coming on lately.

ADVERTISEMENT