ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to both Austin and Carr!!

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Congrats to both Austin and Carr!! Cannot wait to see you both in the Old Gold and Black!

EKZxyVfWsAAfSEK.jpg

EKZgS-pXkAAfZPZ.jpg

I think it will be 2021 before we see much of Austin

He'll need to gain strength and learn the system (like pretty much all freshmen linemen) but he may have a shot at some playing time. The nice thing is that, with some increased depth at his position Purdue doesn't have to throw him in too early.

He'll need to gain strength and learn the system (like pretty much all freshmen linemen) but he may have a shot at some playing time. The nice thing is that, with some increased depth at his position Purdue doesn't have to throw him in too early.

I thought.. at 285.. that like hudgins.. he was gonna add size to play DT

I thought.. at 285.. that like hudgins.. he was gonna add size to play DT

Wasn't disagreeing with you yet still wouldn't be totally surprised if someone with his athleticism gets some playing time. Sounds like with his frame he may not ever be a 315+ pounder.
As I said, with the D-line depth situation improvement it's nice that Purdue doesn't HAVE to play Austin too early (before he's ready). Who knows - maybe he sees the field for 4 games and keeps his redshirt.

Reactions: CDBRclass01
I think it will be 2021 before we see much of Austin

Don't think the intention is for Hudgins to become a DT is there(unless I'm misreading your thoughts)? He's around 235 or so now and I'd imagine the hope is to get him up to around 250-255 and have him playing DE(opposite Big George, of course).

Maybe I read to much into his commitment comments

Reactions: jindy
Maybe I read to much into his commitment comments

It's possible - just think for Hudgins that'd be a lot of weight to add. If he becomes a 250+ DE he could be playing with Karlaftis at the other DE and Faucheux and Johnson(both 300+ DTs by then). Finally, a younger, highly recruited D-line with legitimate size.

Would be nice to add OX to this group of D linemen; as he’s prob start from day 1. I believe his announcement is 2 weeks out

Supposed to announce on 12/18 I believe - would love to see him put on a Purdue hat that day(or socks, shirt, hell...even boxers as long as he chose Purdue). He'd certainly challenge for time on the D-line as a freshman but fortunately there will finally be some fight for time among returning linemen too - Faucheux, Deen, Sullivan, Johnson, etc. Finally, at least a little depth!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT