ADVERTISEMENT

Comments from recruits who attended the OSU game:

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
"It was insane, the stadium was packed and the fans were super excited," cornerback pledge Nyles Beverly said. "It was unlike any stadium I’ve been at so far."

"It was electric man, the fans were insane, the atmosphere was pure adrenaline, every time Purdue scores we went crazy," offensive line commit Dave Monnot III said. "Favorite part of it was the hype when we stormed the field after the win. It was pure excitement."

"It was great seeing them win such a big game," Zionsville (Ind.) High 2020 offensive lineman Gus Hartwig said. "I loved the atmosphere and facilities. I think I could definitely play quickly there. I also like Coach Brohm a lot."

"It was awesome!" Milford Center (Ohio) Fairbanks 2020 offensive lineman Sam Rengert said. "A great experience and game! I loved the atmosphere! Great win! I definitely want to make a trip back to Purdue! I would like to take in more of campus and academics. I think Coach Brohm has a great program and I’m honored I got to see it tonight!"

"It was a great visit!" Norwalk (Ohio) High 2020 offensive lineman Trey Leroux said. "The atmosphere is like nothing I have ever seen. It’s unbelievable the amount of support and brotherhood there was on that field tonight."

Also of note, Purdue offered the #2 safety in the 2021 class today who hails from Ohio: AJ Kirk

I'm sure a lot of recruits watched on tv and have Purdue on their radar now. Very exciting game.

Reactions: SKYDOG
That game is absolutely huge for recruiting. We’ll finish 2019 strong and that game will certainly provide a lift for 2020 and 2021 kids.

I hope these comments show people that having the stadium like that is a major advantage. I know this for sure: I’ll be purchasing season tickets next year, even if I have to scrape, claw, and find a weekend job to work when my kids are at their mother’s house...this team and program deserves it.
I just sent an email to Bobinski. I hope more people do the same to voice their support not only for Brohm but to voice that same support for what many could argue is the best AD in the conference right now. His work in just two years is staggering and shows his vision and ability to lead a major university’s athletic programs.

Let’s just get that women’s basketball program sorted out and there won’t be a bad program on campus.

looking at 24/7, Kirk is a 5* db. Hartwig graded out as an 88 3 star, so he could become a 4* O Lineman. Rengert and Leroux are middle 3* ranked, but they are both huge 6'8 300 pound lineman. It will be interesting to see how much they grow. brohm is definitely recruiting BIG offensive linemen. I also noticed brohm is targeting at least 7 elite 4/5* linemen for 2020.

Reactions: ahhculdee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT